Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)  (Read 5427 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 05:19:25 pm »

You should look at my minimalist RTD. So far, an epic battle between multiple godlike entities has ended; the earth was conquered by demons (on accident, by someone on Mars), possessed, accidentally destroyed, and thrown into the sun; the USS Enterprise was summoned, destroyed by demons, and rebuilt in a demonic fleet; a band was formed by a zombified cell thereminist who felt rejected after a band formed by a player and Xenobatman didn't want her, and said band summoned multiple monster/superhero/musicians, up to and including Superbronzecolossus the tuba player (killed by an army if khajjit before its first turn), a Dr Manhattan King Kong who plays the bagpipes, and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant Monstrous Musicians, before all being killed by Mars (except for Dr. Kong, who had fled to the planet of infinite kitchens); an all-consuming vortex ate God; and Phoboz was destroyed. Oh, and Dr. Kong set up a restaurant featuring demonbburgers shortly after the demons crashed into Mars.
And they started locked in a room with a stool and a laptop. The building only lasted a few pages...

Minimalism is fun.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »

You should look at my minimalist RTD. So far, an epic battle between multiple godlike entities has ended; the earth was conquered by demons (on accident, by someone on Mars), possessed, accidentally destroyed, and thrown into the sun; the USS Enterprise was summoned, destroyed by demons, and rebuilt in a demonic fleet; a band was formed by a zombified cell thereminist who felt rejected after a band formed by a player and Xenobatman didn't want her, and said band summoned multiple monster/superhero/musicians, up to and including Superbronzecolossus the tuba player (killed by an army if khajjit before its first turn), a Dr Manhattan King Kong who plays the bagpipes, and the Brotherhood of Evil Mutant Monstrous Musicians, before all being killed by Mars (except for Dr. Kong, who had fled to the planet of infinite kitchens); an all-consuming vortex ate God; and Phoboz was destroyed. Oh, and Dr. Kong set up a restaurant featuring demonbburgers shortly after the demons crashed into Mars.
And they started locked in a room with a stool and a laptop. The building only lasted a few pages...

Minimalism is fun.

I still say it started out as a Scribblenauts RTD.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (0/5)
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 04:24:07 am »

Assault procedures beginning. Suppressing fire engaging. All systems go.  Fire on the AntiBoarding units when They Are fully visible.
Fire upon the nearest possible Foe(I'm assuming it is one of the point-defense units.
You open fire on the nearest point defense turret ..., getting a clean hit on it's little targetting camera.... Sparks erupt from the device, and it appears to be heavily damaged.

Approach vector complete.
Evaluating combat capabilities:
Self; Core: Sustained Damage: Minimal; Generator: 98% Power Output; Battery 1: 100% Charge; Battery 2: 100% Charge; EMP: Sustained Damage: Minimal
Remaining Unit; S.A.M; BRICK; "Eblast"; Psicon; Pegasus
Opposing Unit; Anti-Boarding Drone(3), Evaluation Pending; Frigate Class Point Defense, Evaluation Pending
Threat Evaluation; Point Defense currently locking on, mobility impaired, continued holding of position inadvisable

>Activate EMP(Target: Nearest Point Defense Turret)
>Cover and follow S.A.M into the hull

You fire your pulse weapon ... and the shot goes wide, barely missing Psicon, before ... hitting the already damaged point defense turret. This should give you some time to wait for the S.A.M. to cut through the hull.

Initiating radars..... Hostile's present.
Initiating armor module
Sensors detect enemy lock-on........ Return fire.
Activate defense protocol 24-4GH
Activate Voice sequence "SSDD (same shit different day)"

>Activate armor module
> Shield allies with body
> Return fire, if fired upon.
> Make witty comment about hard labor

((You don't have an armour module. As stated in the OP, and I believe repeated afterwards, the Special core was the only thing to get a special ability from the beginning.))

You place yourself in the firing line for most of the enemies, though they don't seem very eager about showing themselves.

One of the Antiboarding drones tries to take aim, and fires ... , getting a clean hit , though ... quite a lot of the damage is absorbed by your armor. You attempt to return the favour ..., but miss.

Evaluating... Evaluating... Activating communications procedure D-X-930... Vocal override Jon Greland FU... Activating vocal synthesizer... Determining course of action...

Attempt to pierce hull!

You attempt to pierce the hull, by punching it. Unfortunately, the hull decides to disagree, and you nearly break your hand.

USE MAH HULLCUTTER TO...CUT THE HULL!

You carefully start to cut into the hull, planning to remove about a square meter of hull plating. You're about halfway in doing so, when you see another droid nearly breaking his own appendage on the hull. You continue, watching out not to remove your own appendages.

Processing...
Threat evaluation... Multiple threats. Single weapon.
Weapon imminence / danger / effectiveness matrix calculation... Warning: current armament insufficient.

Course of action:

> Attempt to find a way into ship (airlock, etc.)
> Use jets to move faster
> Dodge if fired upon and no other bots are in line of fire, else attempt to position self to cover other robots in line of fire.
> If opportunity presents itself, attempt to blind sensors with com laser

You look around, and find that there are only a few ways into the ship. The nearest airlock is that where the 3 droids came out of, and it has closed already, which will force you to hack it if you want in. There's also the hole S.A.M. is cutting.

Seeing the Point defenses starting to move, you fire your com laser at undamaged PD turret. It aims at you..., and manages to hit you despite the blinded sensors, though... you shields absorb the blast with ease.

The other point defense turret tries to aim at BRICK..., but blows itself up instead.
The two remaining boarding drones both open fire at you, .. but you evade their shots with ease.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SAM (click to show/hide)

Name: Salvandroid X-492-38A27 ("Ebast")
Health: 25/25
Energy: 20/20 (+5)
Abilities: Modular skills (Mechanics, Robotics, Combat?)

Parts:
Dual standard CPUs,
special core (modular skills, 5 or less at once)
simple ion generator
Hover

Name:Psicon
Health: 10/10
Energy: 20/20
Abilities:Minor fabrication

Parts
Special core:  (Come up with a simple special ability)
Simple ion power generator (+5 power/turn): 50
Legs:   (+1 to difficult terrain navigation) 50
Laser blaster (-5 power,2 damage, ranged weapon): 75

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 08:27:58 am »

Provide cover fire for SAM while he Cuts the hull.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2012, 10:07:32 am »

I coulda sworn I had a hull cutter...
Anyways, try to help SAM. Maybe by pulling up hull plates.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2012, 11:09:41 am »

Return fire,
Durrr..

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2012, 04:50:45 pm »

EVA Time: 00:02:47
Self; EMP: Discharged at 102% Efficiency; Targeting Calibration Recommended; All Systems Normal
Opposing Unit Update; Targeted Point Defense destroyed; Remaining Point Defense inhibited; Boarding Drones remain at full strength
Remaining Unit Update; BRICK sustained damage to armor; Eblast sustained damage to manipulation servos /*File Log Recorded: Recommendation to operators; outfit all drone units with Hull Cutters*/; All remaining units unimpeded
Threat Evaluation; Point Defense Neutralized, Target Hostile Boarding Drones, Threat Evaluation Pending...

>Activate EMP(Target: Most Threatening Boarding Drone)
>Continue covering S.A.M
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 04:52:22 pm by CrimsonEon »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2012, 06:07:01 pm »

Keep cutting. I mean, what much else can I really do?

((May I use how SAM was built with a human personality and complete understanding of the English Language as an excuse to not RolePlay as a robot?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2012, 06:25:26 pm »

(( I'd assume yes, and I played the whole "Years spent alone with nothing to to do but ponder life = Sentience, Ala Erasmus.))

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 02:00:25 pm »

Navigation processing... Possibility found: airlock (closed). Possibility: Assist S.A.M.
Threat evaluation... Calculating response time for additional bots...
Weapon imminence / danger / effectiveness matrix calculation... Unchanged (Warning: current armament insufficient.)
(Minor shield damage: energy drain negligible)
(Incoming fire. Calculating trajectory: calculated & moving!)

Course of action:
> Use jets to move to maneuver between S.A.M. and remaining PD turret.
> Attempt to force airlock to remain closed (use com laser to attempt to hack into any com ports to do so)
> If possible, assist S.A.M.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2012, 03:39:16 pm »

((BUMP! Please let this live. It has so much potential!))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »

I'm afraid not. Lost notes on game mechanics. (Yes, I do that a lot. Guess remembering them isn't a good idea. I'm writing down things in Google docs now though.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]