Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)  (Read 5429 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)
« on: October 06, 2012, 03:51:06 pm »

Two massive fleets are fighting a mighty battle, with the planet below as price. One fleet is fighting for honor, loot and victory, the other for survival. As the resources are stretched thing, the loosing, struggling fleet decides to activate it's last reserves, a bunch of modified repair drones, and shoot them at the enemies command ship. Nobody expects them to succeed, or even reach the ship at all, but by sheer coincidence it seems they're going to make it. Then they will have to fight a long and dangerous battle, hopefully culiminating in the destruction of the enemy fleet and saving the planet.

Spoiler: What is this (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign up sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Parts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 02:24:19 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:06:50 pm »

I'm in. Making a sheet.

Name: Simple Automated Mechanic, or S.A.M. for short.
Health: 10/10
Energy:/20
Abilities: Welding Flame: A hose pops out, spewing a blue-hot flame in a straight line in front of S.A.M. (You decide the cooldown.)
Robot description: S.A.M was built when Ford came out with their Pegasus car, the one that uses high tech generators to levitate. He was made to take care of the more difficult repairs that came with owning such a high tech car. Once people got enough training in the matter, he became obsolete, and sat in the office, deactivated, to be used as a coffee table. He was found there, and got reactivated, spruced up, and sent off to fight.
Hover (Uses 3 power, ignores ground dangers)   
Hull Cutter (-2 power, +1 to attack, 3 damage)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 09:02:26 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:16:14 pm »

Abilities are special things you're robot is capable of. Basically it contains anything with a cool down, which is nothing at the moment.
 The special from the special core can be an ability for example. feel free to request additionall parts, btw.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 04:20:20 pm »

In, I'll come up with a sheet soon.

EDIT: Sheet
Name: Roequal Model EW-990GX; Nicknamed "Arclight"
Abilities: (Unsure of how you're handling abilities, so here's a suggestion if you're taking them) Overclock: Arclight's extensive libraries of drone designs allow for hacking and disabling of drones. By the same token Arclight can identify and unlock a friendly drone's limiters, allowing for incredibly fast processing and overcharged weaponry at the cost of extra power and the risk of internal damage.
Robot Description: The Roequal Corporation is famous for it's business in the automation industry, and is especially affluent in the industry of automated weaponry. The Model EW-990GX is a popular drone for convoy defense, as it carries an immense electronic warfare suite designed to disable enemy drones and equipment before they are even deployed. Arclight is a EW-990GX that has only recently been manufactured, yet in being assigned to a roving fleet instead of a mere convoy has seen far more action than most drones of its make see. It has already seen at least three battles, assigned to disabling enemy boarding drones before they can destroy vital systems. One of these battles has seen it heavily burned and damaged at the hands of a heavily armed incendiary drone. It has been repaired and earned the nickname "Arclight" in affection from those that have seen it in action, termed after it's EM pulse weapon which it uses to disable it's opponents long enough for it to overwrite the enemy's programming.
----------
Parts:
Special Core (150) - Electronic Warfare Suite: Adaptive Programming and libraries of system exploits and backdoors optimize the unit for hacking and many forms of electronic warfare. +1 to Hacking checks(?)
Medium generator (100)
Battery x2 (25, 25)
Legs (50)
EM pulse weapon (50)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:09:25 pm by CrimsonEon »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 04:42:36 pm »

In, Sheet incoming

Name: BRICK
Abilities: Armor intensifier: Nanobots intensify the density of the armor making it harder and more resistant to attacks, this come at a price of speed though. +1 armor, -1 speed?
Robot description: Brick is a robot designed to work under dangerous conditions in mines. The drone has a big amounts of armor to withstand any shocks which falling debris may cause and his ability to enhance that  even further. His laser was used to mine the rocks for minerals or any other valuable substance till now where he might has to use it to blast some other robots. The combination of this makes him an ideal front line tank.
Parts:
Armored core 100
Ion generator 50
legs 50
armor 100
Laser blaster 100
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:46:36 am by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2012, 04:49:36 pm »

More weapons, like rocket weaponry, guns. for ~ 100 pt's and a price for second power core.
Durrr..

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2012, 04:50:43 pm »

More weapons, like rocket weaponry, guns. for ~ 100 pt's

Was about to say- more weapons would definitely be nice. Can't just go on a melee weapon and disposable bombs, nosiree.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2012, 05:51:46 pm »

I'll take a spot/waitlist.

Name: Salvandroid X-492-38A27 ("Ebast")
Energy: 20/20
Abilities:
Robot description: A robot intended to be sent on salvaging missions, Ebast was designed back in '92, making him rather obsolete. It has been modified several times, including a brief stint as a repair robot for a mercenary crew which gave him a second core to let it run advanced programs (also making him a bit harder to kill and mildly insane) and his "shtick," a series of five slots for the current data storage devices du joir, which let him program himself with neat skills (currently mechanics, robotics, and a bunch of combat animations from video games involving tools, which was the closest the ship had to combat programs).
Parts: Duak standard CPUs, special core (modular skills, 5 or less at once) simple ion generator, hovering
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2012, 06:11:08 pm »

Name:Psicon
Abilities:Minor fabrication (basic tools, maybe weapons?)
Robot description:Originally found inside a temple(referred to as Anomaly 256-1A) on a barren moon, Psicon appears to be in a strange state of Pseudo-Sentience, Presumably from Time spent alone in 256-1A. He is capable of fabricating tools and, possibly technology similar to that of his original creators, although the latter is just theorized.
Parts
Special core:  (Come up with a simple special ability) 150
Simple ion power generator (+5 power/turn): 50
Legs:   (+1 to difficult terrain navigation) 50
Laser blaster (-5 power,2 damage, ranged weapon): 75

Note: when thinking up the idea for what Psicon looks like, Battlestar Galactica(the more recent version) was on, so you can feel free to imagine him looking like a weathered version of a Cyclon Centurion or something extremely similar.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 08:49:33 pm by OREOSOME »
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 07:20:08 pm »

I'll take a spot, if possible.

Sheet in a moment.

How much does the medium generator cost?

"Weaponry" suggestion: Com laser (Doesn't do damage, but can blind sensors, communicate with things from a distance, etc.)

EDIT:

Name: Pegasus
Energy: /20
Abilities:
Core: Special core (Shields: Damage first comes out of energy)
Generator and power management: Medium generator (+10 power/turn)
Movement: Jets (Uses 6 power, +2 to acrobatics, Ignores ground dangers)
Varia: Com laser (-1 to a single enemy's attack, 2 power)

Robot description:
Pegasus is a drone designed to set up a temporary line of communications in the midst of enemy fire. It is known for its one notable failing - its tendency to turn from a flying horse to a flying dutchman, due to the fact that its shield draws energy from the same store that the jets do. Unfortunately, most attempts to attach auxiliary power storage units to this unit have failed, due to the weight limitations of said jets.

Suggestions:
  • Regarding shields
    • Each point of incoming damage costs a certain number of points of energy (5? Might also have different amounts / effectiveness for different damage types)
    • Shield requires (minor?) repair if drone runs out of energy.
    • Conservation of momentum holds. The momentum of anything that hits the shield is evenly transferred into everything inside the shield. (You hit the drone with a cannonball, the drone goes flying. The drone does not feel any acceleration, however, as everything is accelerated the same amount)
  • Regarding energy
    • Drones should be able to go into negative energy, but when in negative energy they should not be able to do anything until they go back into positive energy, and their reactors should charge slower if they are in negative energy. (Perhaps charge at 1/5 normal rate?)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 02:23:34 pm by MeMyselfAndI »

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 08:06:00 pm »

What sort of Specs would a Standard Slugthrower have?

Also, i came up with this: 7 Years ago...
The Recovered Construct lay within a primitive-looking containment pod, after the intruders had discovered it's Assigned facility. After a long time, The pod opened to reveal a plain white room, in which another of the intruder's species sat at a desk.
"What are you."
"I... am the praetorian... Your people, must leave my facility at once. The creators wi--"
"The creators? Are you referring to the Progenitors?"
"My creators were known by many names. However, that is of little importance. The facility must be maintained, if the masters are to Return. If you and your people do not leave it immediately, then i will be forced to remove them by force. *WHiR-CUNK*"
"Ah, yes, the weapon in the right arm. My engineers had to modify the transport pod just to keep it from being used. Now, answer me this: What was your facility for?"
"I... Do not know... My data of that subject, it has... Faded."
"I'm sorry but, your facility seems to be Broken."
"Then my duty is fulfilled. During the Time spent guarding my post, i have wondered. Does this unit have a soul?"
"Perhaps we can find out, if you help us."
"I'm listening..."
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 02:28:55 am »

Added some weaponry.

Most specials seem OK, will go in detail later.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 11:16:00 am »

Imma keep my hull cutter.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 11:48:59 am »

Same here, hull cutters are good at cutting hulls.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 01:21:19 pm »

Sheet is now edited into my first post.
Pages: [1] 2 3