Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14627 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - Three Slots Open
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2012, 04:33:13 am »

find a long stick then jump into my crate after clearing a seating area, once im in the crate float uphill and hang the stick over the side to scratch a trail in the dirt.

if i don't see anything within 100 feet of travel follow the trail back and cry softly at my pod.

I thought that I had just made it a point that the crate can't support your weight. My mistake for not providing more details the first time. Good thing you have legs.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:21:10 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2012, 04:42:10 am »

oh i thought you just meant i couldn't balance on it... hence the specifically getting in.  just ignore the crate part.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2012, 06:06:38 am »

Check what the pod screens I can acces do. Surely there's a way to open the doors if the normal procedure fails. Not pressing anything yet, just looking.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2012, 03:56:45 pm »

Walk towards the grey splotch. Upon reaching it, use logbook scanner to identify it.

"That's a bad idea.. try checking what the control panel options are?"
You trudge haphazardly through the brush, crushing just about everything in your path. The splotch grows and soon turns into a shape. After a short time, you find the distant shape to actually be a rather large metal containment unit. It has the designation STANDARD SUPPLY-U1: DSTN. M-5 stencilled across the side, and a small control panel near one end. The end with the control panel appears to be a door, much like the one on your pod. You assume that the rover must be inside, along with the other supplies that were mentioned before they shoved you into stasis for thirteen years.

"All right, seems reasonable."
Thouroughly examine the cryo-unit - check for any sign of who or what could be in there, check the control panel options, try to wipe the viewpoints free of fog to see what's in there.
You walk around the cryo-pod and search for any indication of what could be housed inside. Apparently engineers didn't give equipment designations 100 years ago, and you can't even find any markings on the hull. It might have even been custom built for the occupant. It occurs to you after getting a better idea of the size of it that the pod is definitely large enough to hold something larger than a normal human being. Why someone would put non-humans in cryo-sleep is beyond you.

You read over the control panel in detail. There are exactly three switches, accompanied by a single lever. The three switches activate the separate stages of de-cryo, and must be activated in the correct order if you wish whatever is inside to survive. This is a deliberate fail-safe in the event that one is transporting prisoners or valuable specimens that one doesn't want to fall into the wrong hands, at the expense of losing the contents. You haven't the slightest clue what the order might be, but you suppose you could try the standard configuration by turning the switches from top to bottom. The lever is the door release, and if thrown before the correct switches are turned, the subject will thaw improperly and die in the process, if it is living at all. If you're just curious to see what is inside, you could just open the door now, but whatever is frozen inside might not be intact if you do so.

You stand on the tips of your toes and wipe the moisture from the viewports before pressing your face as close to it as possible. You can see a vaguely human shadow, but otherwise you cannot glean any more information regarding the occupant.

Sigh then go to the tree the pod is stuck in and after a moment to focus climb up it and force the pod door open.

Would you lot forget about bloody exploring and help me? We need to get everybody out safely and kitted up before we worry about what we are going to do.
You sigh dejectedly while slapping the dust from your arms and moving over to the tree. No one ever does any work around here.

You grab onto the nearest vine with both hands and start to climb. [5] You make it all the way up the tree and to the pod within a few seconds and clamber around to the front of it to see what you can do about the door. It looks like the only thing keeping the door from detaching is the vines. If you could get them out of the way then it would come away rather easily.

find a long stick then jump into my crate after clearing a seating area, once im in the crate float uphill and hang the stick over the side to scratch a trail in the dirt.

if i don't see anything within 100 feet of travel follow the trail back and cry softly at my pod.

You snap a particularly long twig from a nearby low branch, then pick a direction and start walking with the thing dragging against the ground behind you. You're about 10 feet into the wilderness before realising that the entire jungle floor is an uninterrupted sea of green, and you walk dejectedly back to your pod to formulate a new plan. Your hand instinctively gravitates towards the pistol hanging from your hip and your eyes narrow in the severity of concentration. You could've sworn you heard something moving out there..

Check what the pod screens I can acces do. Surely there's a way to open the doors if the normal procedure fails. Not pressing anything yet, just looking.
The only controls on the interior open the pod door in the first place, and you've already tried them several times. Technically the door is already open, the problem being that something is holding it in place. You can see a dim shadow against the viewport, and you're about to really start panicking when the vines obscuring it are roughly shifted out of the way, revealing a darkly helmed man. His visor depolarises revealing a mop of black hair around dull grey eyes and a winning smile a mile long. I'll have you out of there in no time buddy!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:14:28 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2012, 03:57:30 pm »

I did that by mistake. One moment please. I just need to modify in the other actions.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2012, 04:03:33 pm »

Heh np I'll hold off till I know what Roberts done.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2012, 04:14:51 pm »

There you go fellas! Have at it! My apologies for the mishap.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 04:29:36 pm »

Call the others on the radio again.

"Can you guys please get over here already? Or should I just consider you to be a waste of supplies with no intention of doing anything to help the the group?"

Force the vines far enough aside for the door to open.

"Is this the happiest you've ever been to see me or what :P"

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 05:47:09 pm »

listen extremely carefully then switch the safety off and move towards the sound slowly and carefully. if human assist in its endeavors if not scream insults at it over the radio and open fire.

i would love to come and help but but unfortunately i have no idea where i am let alone where you are... throw a flare or something.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:56:18 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »

"Any of you know history or something? I got a cryo pod here and I'm not sure what combination to flick the switches in before pulling the activation lever."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 11:39:41 pm »

"I Have no idea but maybe our astro-engineer can help, Unfortunately he's current stuck up a tree. Literally.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 11:41:04 pm »

"Does he have radio?"
Sig! Onol

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 11:43:27 pm »

"Of course it's built into our suits"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 11:46:03 pm »

"Astroengineer man. Was there a common combination for cryo boxes around 100 years ago?"
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:59 pm »

"Astroengineer man. Was there a common combination for cryo boxes around 100 years ago?"
He'll have to roll to remember that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18