Poll

How do you feel?

Sad to See It Go
- 4 (80%)
Good Riddance!
- 1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - First Wave - Three Slots Open  (Read 14564 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate: The Second Team - Currently Recruiting
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:51 pm »

"Heh. So this is where I'll be staying. It's very...green. Might as well get my stuff."
Get out of the pod and get equipment. Look around to see where I am, what's around me, etc.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:05:19 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2012, 02:13:41 pm »

Well, that's about time. Seems the landing went well.

Grab gear, look outside, put on gasmask and atmos suit, then open the hatch.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2012, 04:30:06 pm »

Check my suit is sealed and put on my helmet then climb from the pod and collect my gear, Sling the bow across my back and put the quiver of arrows at my waist on the left side.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:22:34 pm by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate II: Planet M-5 - Day 1 - Three Slots Open
« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2012, 05:55:30 pm »

Waiting on Unholy_Pariah and crazysheep.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2012, 06:34:42 pm »

OOC: I get up, and Kyle gets up. What an amazing coincidence :D

Kyle stretches. "Good day to be alive."
Suit up, grab gear, start observing my surroundings. Use scanner/logbook combination to identify surrounding objects.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2012, 10:24:29 pm »

((ugh sorry was asleep, several hours of stealing my cars back in dayz was not a good plan.))

Grab my gear, Check the condition of my drone crate.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:28:59 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2012, 10:40:19 pm »

"Heh. So this is where I'll be staying. It's very...green. Might as well get my stuff."
Get out of the pod and get equipment. Look around to see where I am, what's around me, etc.
You palm the control pad and the door hisses before falling away from the pod and landing roughly on the ground just in front of you. You climb out into the bright sunlight and shield your eyes with your gloved hands for a moment before your suit's visor polarises to match the natural ambience. Walking around to the back of your pod, you open the cargo compartment and grab your pack, swinging it around and onto your shoulders. The canopy of the jungle stretches high above you and your helmet's speakers give you a steady feedback of rustling greenery and the gentle swaying and creaking of the tall, old trees surrounding your landing zone. Just beyond your position, you think you can see another landing pod. In the direction just opposite there lies a rather large dried out riverbed. The rest of the area is dense jungle, and you can't see much beyond it.

Well, that's about time. Seems the landing went well.

Grab gear, look outside, put on gasmask and atmos suit, then open the hatch.
You key the control pad. It whirs plaintively for a moment, but nothing else happens. Funny..it seems to be stuck…. You try to look through the viewport, but its obscured by a tangled mass of vines. You look for a gas mask in the interior of the pod, and find that there isn't one. Good thing the suit you're already wearing has air scrubbers that will activate in the event that you should enter a hostile environment.

Check my suit is sealed and put on my helmet then climb from the pod and collect my gear, Sling the bow across my back and put the quiver of arrows at my waist on the left side.
You check the seals on your suit and ensure your helmet is tightly secured before opening the door to the pod and clambering into the outside world. It looks like your pod had a faulty grav-unit and botched the landing. Its lying on its side, with the hatch leading to the cargo compartment facing the ground, which means you can't get your bow. Oh bother.

OOC: I get up, and Kyle gets up. What an amazing coincidence :D

Kyle stretches. "Good day to be alive."
Suit up, grab gear, start observing my surroundings. Use scanner/logbook combination to identify surrounding objects.
You're about to put your suit on, when you realise its already on you. It must have been put on you sometime while you were unconscious. You open your pod and head outside to grab your things. Once your pack is onto your shoulders, you grab your logbook and activate the scanner function. There is a large green tree with blue vines hanging from it and a green-black moss at the base of that same tree. There are beautiful purple blossoms lying on the ground and attached to the vines. It seems you've got a few choices.

((ugh sorry was asleep, several hours of stealing my cars back in dayz was not a good plan.))

Grab my gear, Check the condition of my drone crate.
You open your pod and climb out. You're surrounded by trees and there is no clear path or even any landmarks that you could possibly navigate by. You decide to take things one step at a time and head around to the cargo compartment and grab your pack, then heft your drone crate and drag it out in front of your pod before activating its anti-gravity unit and tapping a few commands into its interface. You take a few steps away from the crate to test it for functionality, and it promptly floats back to its original position at your side. Groovy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2012, 10:48:38 pm »

Send out a broadcast on the helmet radio: "Well, this is nice. I'm Qinzy, where are the rest of you?" Look to see if anyone got out of the other landing pod, and if they do, go over to greet them. If not, go over and examine it.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:57:19 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2012, 10:56:00 pm »

Identify the organic objects in the following order: blue vines, green-black moss, purple blossoms, large green tree. Also activate radio (if any) and try to send the following signal to the other migrants:
"Kyle here. Landing went fine for me. I'm near a large green tree with blue vines on it. Where is everyone else?"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 11:15:18 pm by crazysheep »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2012, 11:11:40 pm »

Also activate radio (if any) and try to send the following signal to the other migrants:
Everyone has a radio, and you can use it at any time. Any dialogue you send to the others is assumed to be sent through the radio, since you can't exactly hear one another's voices through your suits. Think like an astronaut.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

Jack into the pods control system and look for databases or sensor systems/distress beacons.
Zalud here, landing was fine and my gears intact.

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:32:09 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 01:05:15 am »

"Guys, try and regroup by a large green tree with blue vines. I'll be near it."

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2012, 06:59:51 am »

Attempt to roll the pod over to get my equipment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2012, 10:42:00 am »

Robert here. It appears my pod got stuck in a tree or something. The door refuses to open, it appears to be overgrown. Some assistance would be nice.

Check the pod's antigrav and other systems. Don't want to fall from a tree, do we.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2012, 12:50:14 pm »

Send out a broadcast on the helmet radio: "Well, this is nice. I'm Qinzy, where are the rest of you?" Look to see if anyone got out of the other landing pod, and if they do, go over to greet them. If not, go over and examine it.
No one emerges from the pod. Thats strange. It doesn't appear to be damaged or malfunctioning, but you can hardly be sure at this distance.

Identify the organic objects in the following order: blue vines, green-black moss, purple blossoms, large green tree. Also activate radio (if any) and try to send the following signal to the other migrants:
"Kyle here. Landing went fine for me. I'm near a large green tree with blue vines on it. Where is everyone else?"
You notice that most of the trees in this jungle are large and green, then direct the logbook's sensor head towards the blue vines and sweep it back and forth over them for a few moments before checking the results.

Scanner: Unknown Specimen….
Theory Software™ initialising….

The cheap "scanner" is apparently only good for storing information, and can't tell you much about the strange vines. You turn the sensor towards the blossoms just to be sure. [1] The blossom takes on an odd blue tinge before letting a small dribble of, once again, blue liquid dribble from its nectar well. Thats..weird….

Jack into the pods control system and look for databases or sensor systems/distress beacons.
Zalud here, landing was fine and my gears intact.
You put one foot into the pod and lean your head inside. The interior has only a small palming pad with a few buttons on the control panel alongside it. No terminal or jacking port, unfortunately. You step back outside and look around once more. You can still see nothing through the dense brush.

Attempt to roll the pod over to get my equipment.
You stretch diligently for a moment before bending to the pod and placing your hands on it. [2] You push and shove as hard as you can against it, but the pod refuses to budge. You stop for a moment to catch your breath and happen to notice something high in the trees. It looks an awful lot like a pod.

Robert here. It appears my pod got stuck in a tree or something. The door refuses to open, it appears to be overgrown. Some assistance would be nice.

Check the pod's antigrav and other systems. Don't want to fall from a tree, do we.
You search the interior of the pod for some sort of terminal that will allow you to access the antigravity systems. You can't seem to find one. [4] The pod creaks a bit in response to your movements.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18