Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Best and Worst of: Chairs  (Read 13325 times)

ab00

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Computer!!
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Chairs
« Reply #255 on: October 11, 2012, 12:13:40 am »

I would say that the advantage would be that you could survey all of your domain without leaving your bed. And now I know not to buy one off craigslist. :-\

But on the topic of chairs, I would have to say that my soft, wheeled, rocking, executive chair is the best. Worst chair? Lopsided, extremely tall barstools. *tilt* "Oh shit I'm falling" *Lean in opposite direction*. Repeat x1000.
Suicides do not count towards das Fuhrers kill score.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 11, 2012, 12:16:35 am »

My bro just asked me what we were talking about. So, I asked him, "What's the best chair you could imagine?" He pondered a second, and then deadpanned, "Mechanical Bull."

O_o

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 11, 2012, 12:17:35 am »

Your bro just won the thread. Tell him that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:10 am »

Indeed. Give him a high five for me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:25 am »

It takes a pretty remarkable person to decide that sex isn't enough without the bed spinning around and the walls coated in mirrors.
No reason not to make "enough" better if you can swing it, is there? Barring the various obstructions, of course. Just because it's enough as-is doesn't mean it can't be made better. Sprinkles on ice cream, m'fellow. Sprinkles on ice cream.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2012, 12:18:53 am »

Indeed. Give him a high five for me.
Your bro just won the thread. Tell him that.
You guys got it. brbafk.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2012, 01:58:47 am »

Best chair: Either a simple, wooden chair with the seat at the right height and adequate support for the back, or a spinny chair for entertainment value.

Worst: Electric chair. Or the ones they have in gas chambers. After that, just about any that is at the wrong height, or has a back that requires you to lean back at a strange angle. Or those chairs in doctors'dentist's surgeries. Them's awkward.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2012, 02:22:39 am »

I personally hate office chairs, especially the cheap office chairs. The wheels and floppy pivoting of the back rest makes it impossible to lend on to a maintain good posture. You are either sitting bolt upright with the chair rolling around under you like some kind abdominal workout machine or in a radically unprofessional gangster lean with your chin basically resting on the desk and your feet braced against something to keep you from rolling around.

What are those wheels for anyways?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2012, 03:37:07 am »

What are those wheels for anyways?

Hallway jousting, duh.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2012, 03:54:20 am »

I find office chairs and chairs with wheels absolutely discomforting. I say the best chairs for me are those plush sofa-like one where you can place your arms.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2012, 06:36:31 am »

Best: Comfy Chairs

Worst: The Hawaii Chair
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Swiftling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:06 am »

Woo! First post! :s Been lurking for quite some time, and finally decided to join so I can partake in the fun!

Anyway, spinny chairs are definitely the best. Can't say I've tried hallway jousting yet, that sounds fun!
Stools are the worst. Not only because they are uncomfortable but also because stools are poo :P

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2012, 07:06:22 am »

The best chair for me would probably be a big cushion on which I can sit. I don't really like chairs I think, I like to cross my legs when I sit.

The worst chair I ever had sat upon was one of those tiny wooden chairs in a community college, with an equally tiny desk fixed upon one arm. The sort of desk where you can barely put two books on it. They were small, uncomfortable, and boy was I lucky to be right-handed, I can't imagine how left-handed people work on those.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2012, 09:54:01 am »

Best: Comfy Chairs

Worst: The Hawaii Chair
That was uncomfortable just to watch.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2012, 11:00:36 am »

Personally, I feel the modern joust is better served by wheelchairs, Segways or mobility scooters than by office chairs.

Y'know what would be awesome? A recliner wheelchair. Like, full-on ultra-stuffed recliner. With a suspension. And perhaps a small electric motor...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19