Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Best and Worst of: Chairs  (Read 13318 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Words
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2012, 12:25:12 pm »

There exists soda cakes?
As well as soda donuts. The Raleigh Krispy Kremes sell Cheerwine donuts.
DO WANT

The best chairs are the ones where you can curl up into a ball and still feel comfortable.
Agreed. My office chair is the best, since I can essentially lay down in it. Half my back is on the seat, and my feet are up on the desk. Sure, I look silly, but it's comfy.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Best and Worst of: Chairs
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2012, 12:28:26 pm »

Best: Overstuffed recliner. Or one of those Herman Miller Aeron chairs. Those things are crazy comfortable for office furniture.

Worst: Electric.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2012, 12:35:57 pm »

Worst: All of them.

Least worst: High-backed with tall-ish arms and plenty of cushioning. Something I can kick my feet over one of the arms and lounge/nap in.

Beds, chaise lounges, etc., so forth, so on. That's where it's at. Hammock-like constructions are also acceptable. I'm a person that doesn't really like sitting. If I'm not able to lay down, I'd rather be standing. Or sitting against a wall on the floor. Usually as comfortable as chairs, that. You can jury-rig things using multiple chairs that are somewhat acceptable.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2012, 12:40:28 pm »

The recliner. It's the ultimate reading perch.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2012, 12:42:45 pm »

Recliner, head's down the best type of chair.

For more practical use, office chairs with decent padding and wheels, for easy access to my bookcase, TV and computer desk.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46:31 pm »

Worst? Those chairs attached to university desks with about 110 degrees of rotation and springs that invariably overpower your legs and crush them against the closed side of the desk.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:37 pm »

Fuck chairs. I can't sit correctly. I always sit down, then shift to one side, and to the other. I can never seem to have a comfortable ass positioning on a chair. It's kindof saddening since I'm sure chairs would rule if I could ever get comfortable in them.

I rate all chairs and chair like objects as the worst of.

I'm a person that doesn't really like sitting.

What I'd do for a beanbag chair.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2012, 02:17:18 pm »

Ah! I have a downsized one I use as a footrest/leg putting place on the bed. They're nice. Wouldn't mind a larger one, actually.

I'm now envisioning a kind of beanbag chair container that has an attached and repositionable desk-thing, kinda' like you see on classroom desks. Just mobile, so you can adjust it to be near you when once you arrange yourself on the beanbag. So you'd have beanbag chair plus stability plus desk room, all in the same space.

I think it'd be close to my intention of taking some hardwood planks, making a box out of 'em, putting it on the floor and then filling it with pillows and blankets. As a bed/nest. Bugger mattresses, I'll make my own sleeping surface.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2012, 02:47:45 pm »

My wheeled labstool is pretty sweet. Good for scooting about. Least favourite? Any generic plastic moulded chair which casuses you to sweat in areas you dont want sweaty.
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2012, 02:51:58 pm »

Ugh. Yes. I hate leather chairs for just that reason. I need cloth that can breathe, dammit.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2012, 03:37:30 pm »

I got a plastic ball sit thingy. Extremely nice to keep you from dreaming away while doing important stuff. Problem is that it's quite old, and  I have to turn it around every so often.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2012, 03:45:29 pm »

Best is extremely soft office chairs. So comfortable.

Worst is beanbag chairs, I get no support and am never comfortable. And they break.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2012, 03:50:45 pm »

Sitting in chairs is bad for your back. I prefer Roman style luxury stools, with the little arms and no back or front. But I lost all mine in the Crusades, goddamn Hospitaller knights they're hard to find these days.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2012, 03:59:17 pm »

Best: Those chairs that are shaped like bowls. I have one and it's the best.

Worst: Wooden chairs. No padding, no mercy.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2012, 04:05:27 pm »

Worst Chair: College Futon, My Ass is in Pain.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19