Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14

Author Topic: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 21: Back Where You Started]  (Read 28821 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 10: Never Leave A Man Behind]
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2012, 12:50:13 am »

"I think we should attack it all at once!" Aira said, looking back at poor Abby. "Does anyone have salt? That could do with some salt right now."

If my friends agree...

RUSH THE SNAIL!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

"Of course! A true warrior would always..."
His body language completely shifts, from that of a heroic warrior king to that of a lost minstrel.
"A-attack it? Are you nuts?"
He backs away, and pelts it with rocks and whatever he can find on the ground.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2012, 09:47:35 am »

((Sorry to butt in, but I just realized that you still have me in the list of players even though I have...-2 HP.  :D
Does that mean if you can find a way to revive people, will I be back?))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2012, 09:48:10 am »

Seeing that her companions are attacking the snail, Abby tries to circle around the beast and attack it from behind!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:58 pm »

((Sorry to butt in, but I just realized that you still have me in the list of players even though I have...-2 HP.  :D
Does that mean if you can find a way to revive people, will I be back?))
((Technically, but any "revival" is faaaaaaaar more likely to mean "you get to control the ravenous ghoul eating your comrades' faces" than "you return to being normal living human."

It's also there to track other things, so even the ghoul chance probably isn't that great.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2012, 04:40:18 pm »

"Let me try to fix myself a litte before trying to get rid of that snail." Matt says with a sigh.

Heal self, using part of the dead man's shirt to fashion bandages.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:20 pm »

"I think it's just a rock. Still, bodyguard first, yes?"

Go around the corner, hopefully bodyguard first.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »

"I think we should attack it all at once!" Aira said, looking back at poor Abby. "Does anyone have salt? That could do with some salt right now."

"I need some time to fix myself." Matt shouts, trying to get some bandages. "Couldn't you just retreat?" he asked with a concerned voice.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2012, 10:09:33 pm »

"We've got too many people just loitering around! I'm not sure if they've undergone deafness or a serious case of ale, because they're just standing there and waiting to be eaten by that snail!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »

"Maybe just drag them off?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »

((I am now envisioning three people facing each other discussing things while an obviously CG snail roars and acts faux-fearsome-and-advancing in the background. Not entirely sure why, but it's a pretty amusing picture. :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2012, 11:40:21 pm »

((I am now envisioning three people facing each other discussing things while an obviously CG snail roars and acts faux-fearsome-and-advancing in the background. Not entirely sure why, but it's a pretty amusing picture. :P))
((Due to RPG conventions about talking as a free action sometimes being used in excess. :P))
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2012, 11:47:01 pm »

((Due to RPG conventions about talking as a free action sometimes being used in excess. :P))
((Ah no, we're chatting as we engage the snail!

It's how focused we are on the action! How we won't die!

Y'know.  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2012, 06:23:05 pm »

Turn 11: Best of Intentions

If my friends agree...

RUSH THE SNAIL!

Your friends... seem pretty torn on this subject, so you put off rushing the snail.

"Of course! A true warrior would always..."
His body language completely shifts, from that of a heroic warrior king to that of a lost minstrel.
"A-attack it? Are you nuts?"
He backs away, and pelts it with rocks and whatever he can find on the ground.
[6] You shuffle around on your hands and knees, searching for something to throw. Nothing.

Seeing that her companions are attacking the snail, Abby tries to circle around the beast and attack it from behind!
These hallways are not particularly wide, so you're not sure how you'd squeeze past the snail without giving it a free opportunity to eat you. Of course, you probably could squeeze past it if you really wanted to...

"Let me try to fix myself a litte before trying to get rid of that snail." Matt says with a sigh.

Heal self, using part of the dead man's shirt to fashion bandages.
[3] You rip the man's bloodsoaked shirt into oversized ragged bloodsoaked sections of cloth. Erm, it's a start?

Bloodsoaked Rags Gained!

"I think it's just a rock. Still, bodyguard first, yes?"

Go around the corner, hopefully bodyguard first.
Hearing no objections, you shove your bodyguard around the corner. When he doesn't scream, you turn around yourself. It indeed appears to be a normal hall, bereft of things trying to eat you.

A short walk later, and you come to another T intersection, this one with the dead end on your left and the path continuing straight ahead and to your right.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Horrors RTD [Turn 11: Best of Intentions]
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2012, 06:42:46 pm »

Go right! Right is always the right way!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 14