Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: Library of Forgotten Lore RTD  (Read 34016 times)

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
Re: Library of Forgotten Lore RTD
« Reply #270 on: October 10, 2012, 09:28:06 am »

"I'm going through the black door. Does anyone want to try to read my book?" Asbes asks, heading through the black door as he said.

Through the black door.
Spoiler: Asbes Elman (click to show/hide)

Follow Asbes through the black door, then examine the new room.

(2) As you go through the black door you see a hexagonal room... and the door closes behind you! "YE WHO HAST CHOSEN THIS FATE. FAMINE SHALL AWAIT YOU! CHOSE ONE DOOR!"

"You guys get the books. I'm going to look at those pictures. If I get killed, stay away from the red door."
Go for the red horse's door. Take Asbes book, if he doesn't mind.
Spoiler: Asmodeus Deux (click to show/hide)

(3) You enter the red horse's door and the door closes behind you! The room is rectangular and a lone door is at the end of it. "YE WHO HAST CHOSEN THIS FATE. WAR AWAITS YOU!"

"I'm not really sure about all these colors and such, but all the riders are bad, so we might as well take our chances, one at each door, and a couple to back up those of us that get stung, eh?"

Gently nudge/kick the pale rider's door open, be ready to fall back and stab anything that comes out with my voulge.

Spoiler: Vara Meadowbreeze (click to show/hide)

(1) The door is locked by very strong magic.

"Hey, if no-one's taking the other book, I'll take it. Also, I'm sure Red would be War, Black might be Plague, and White might be Famine."

Search For the Other book, and try to open the White door.

Spoiler: Arnok Balaiken (click to show/hide)

(4) You open the door and see a rectangular room.

"The riders of the end, or perhaps just a symbolism alluding to what we will be facing deeper, hmm? Nothing can awaken the riders unless the world is bereft of hope."

Tala moved over to Vara's side, tapping her on the shoulder while greeting her with one of her signature smiles.

"Tala Aquilon, traveling scholar at your service, Vara!" she leaned nearer to her to whisper: "I'm glad you aren't one of the more greedy of us." she said, pointing at the other men, minus Asbes and probably one of the others who she didn't know.

"Glad to see someone I can confide in." she finished with a wink.

Noticing everyone was going for each door, she decided the best way to act was to examine the horses. The items above each, and the rooms when the doors are open from her position.

Examine the room more! Including the doors and ceiling! The rune, included.

Spoiler: Tala Aquilon (click to show/hide)

(4) The runes are in a strange language that you can't understand and the ceiling seems to shift every once a while. The four horses have no riders but the weapons are flying above them as if held by a professional manner.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 10, 2012, 09:38:04 am »

"So~" Tala said, seeing the disappearance of the other three, "One way left, other two are having fun, and the last is locked by high magic."

She pointed to the door, and looked at Arnok.

"Men first."

:P

Anyway, THRU THE WHITE DOOR, SLOWLY! Examine room for traps, then ceiling, then floor. Then walls!

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 10, 2012, 09:54:15 am »

"Well, that was fruitful.". Vara says kicking the door harder with her foot repeatedly in frustration.  She sighs disappointed.  "Which one of you schlubs needs my help?" Vara yells, trying to decide where to go.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 10, 2012, 10:03:43 am »

"Well, that leaves this as...plague. Cover your mouth and nose."

Use my cloak as a shield for my mouth and nose in case of poisonous gas traps. Enter the room and search for a book.

[/quote]
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 10, 2012, 10:10:45 am »

"So~" Tala said, seeing the disappearance of the other three, "One way left, other two are having fun, and the last is locked by high magic."

She pointed to the door, and looked at Arnok.

"Men first."

:P

Anyway, THRU THE WHITE DOOR, SLOWLY! Examine room for traps, then ceiling, then floor. Then walls!

"Well, that was fruitful.". Vara says kicking the door harder with her foot repeatedly in frustration.  She sighs disappointed.  "Which one of you schlubs needs my help?" Vara yells, trying to decide where to go.
"Well, that leaves this as...plague. Cover your mouth and nose."

Use my cloak as a shield for my mouth and nose in case of poisonous gas traps. Enter the room and search for a book.

(5) Entering the room you see a black book pinned at the wall. The door closes behind you. "YE WHO HAST CHOSEN THIS FATE. PESTILENCE SHALL AWAIT YOU! CHOSE ONE DOOR!"

The room seems to be cleaned than the one you were before. It isn't full of dust or spider-webs. The runes look rather good in here and not so suppressing. On the ceiling there is a crown and a bow engraved.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:30 am »

"Curse this. If there was more time for these puzzles...

"Pestilence is disease of any sort. As we're not gagging and sprawling on the floor currently, it isn't airborne. I'll try opening the door by Gust."

Gust > Open the clean door! - The North one on the map!

Examine book, first.

"What do you all think about this? Seems like a challenge to me."

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:25:18 am by Tiruin »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 10, 2012, 10:20:06 am »

((...Which one? It looks like there's two doors or something.))

For pestilence this seems...quite well kept, really. Oh hey, a book!

Grab the book but don't read it. Go around the side of the room to get it to avoid traps in the centre.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 10, 2012, 10:41:40 am »

"Well, onwards!" Asbes said, steeling himself before moving ahead and through a door.

Through the door directly ahead of the black door, aka the one to the left.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 10, 2012, 10:46:56 am »

Trip Arnok and Tala both holding them both on the ground.. "I'm not dying because you don't want to figure this room out like a normal person. You'll end up releasing some disease that eats my skin away.  Try it again and I'll cut right through you both." examine the crown and bow on the ceiling for clues.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 10, 2012, 10:48:45 am »

((Let's make that an auto-success!  :P

...Wait, awaiting GM for reply))

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 10, 2012, 01:39:26 pm »

"I have a bad feeling about this... well, whatever. Those that don't consider themselves already dead shouldn't have ever entered this dungeon. Shouldn't split the party right now, though - if we did, high chance of one person encountering nasties. By going together, the nasties will be easier to dispatch. I hope."

Follow Asbes whereever he goes.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 10, 2012, 02:09:02 pm »

"I have a bad feeling about this... well, whatever. Those that don't consider themselves already dead shouldn't have ever entered this dungeon. Shouldn't split the party right now, though - if we did, high chance of one person encountering nasties. By going together, the nasties will be easier to dispatch. I hope."
"I already consider myself dead." Asbes answered nonchalantly, with a tinge of sadness in his voice. "I came here to help other people in this dangerous place while I still live. Seemed like a good way to die for me."

He stares at the door for a while before shrugging. "I don't have high hopes of getting to the bottom of the library, but I'll try it anyway until I help you get there."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 10, 2012, 04:37:47 pm »

Asmodeus rolls his eyes at the halls proclaimation.
"How cliche... But, maybe I shouldn't have gone alone."
He runs his tongue over his lips, before trying the door behind him, then going onward.

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 10, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

Rolling for initiative.

White Room:

((...Which one? It looks like there's two doors or something.))

For pestilence this seems...quite well kept, really. Oh hey, a book!

Grab the book but don't read it. Go around the side of the room to get it to avoid traps in the centre.

24 Initiative. (1) Just as you made one step both doors suddenly opened. Looking down there was a obvious trap hidden by your feet.

Trip Arnok and Tala both holding them both on the ground.. "I'm not dying because you don't want to figure this room out like a normal person. You'll end up releasing some disease that eats my skin away.  Try it again and I'll cut right through you both." examine the crown and bow on the ceiling for clues.

12 Initiative. (1) You trip yourself and hit your face on the floor.

"Curse this. If there was more time for these puzzles...

"Pestilence is disease of any sort. As we're not gagging and sprawling on the floor currently, it isn't airborne. I'll try opening the door by Gust."

Gust > Open the clean door! - The North one on the map!

Examine book, first.

"What do you all think about this? Seems like a challenge to me."

5 Initiative. (4) You take the book and see that it's blank!

"Ye who hast chosen his fate. I cometh."

The doors wide open you feel sick...

"Well, onwards!" Asbes said, steeling himself before moving ahead and through a door.

Through the door directly ahead of the black door, aka the one to the left.

Follow Asbes whereever he goes.

(4) Opening the door you see a circular room with a lone book in a shelf. Above you, you can see a weighing scale engraved in the ceiling. "Ye who hast chosen this fate. I cometh..."

You have the feeling that you miss something dearly...

Asmodeus rolls his eyes at the halls proclaimation.
"How cliche... But, maybe I shouldn't have gone alone."
He runs his tongue over his lips, before trying the door behind him, then going onward.

(2) The door is quite obviously locked, and going on forth you find yourself standing in a room with a giant Pentagon on the floor. On the ceiling a sword is engraved. "Ye who hast chosen this fate. I cometh."

You have the feeling as if you have lost...

Map:

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 10, 2012, 05:10:29 pm »

"DROP THE BOOK! RUN!
Run out, closing the door once everyone's out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:59:05 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29