Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27482 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts, Good and Evil zone. Ghostly lovers! [Community game]
« Reply #105 on: October 13, 2012, 06:09:19 am »

Oh, cats die too quickly here. They wander outside ant mauled by undeads.

Sea is undeads-free here, evil zone is whole northeast half, while southwest part is good. The border is roughly along diagonal line.

Is the slade fortress also in the evil part? If yes, I wonder which animating effect will take precedence...
Actually it's in the good zone, close to border. So, in terms of roleplaying, our fortress is in the middle of eternal battle between Evil and Good, there Evil tries to concure the Good zone by spawning the unholy temple deep under it... I'll upload the whole map.
Spoiler: Surface Map (click to show/hide)

5th Hematite, 104
Hunters job is the most dangerous here. We've lost two hunters more to undead elk birds - they turned undead at their hands. So, no more hunts here!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:01:19 am by peregarrett »
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #106 on: October 13, 2012, 08:15:20 am »

I'm posting to watch, but can I also get a dorf? Preferably the chief medical dwarf, unless s/he's taken, in which case I'll take a random mechanic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2012, 09:55:18 am »

I'm posting to watch, but can I also get a dorf? Preferably the chief medical dwarf, unless s/he's taken, in which case I'll take a random mechanic.
Our chief medic, after suturing one of craftsdwarves who met a zombi from caverns, had a little break at the statue garden. Having a drink next to Pitchblende's kaolinite statue, he tell, adressing to no one, or everyone around:
- Hell. I'm working as hard as anyone here, but do you think someone will remember me after ages? No one! And you know why? 'cause I don't have a hystorical name! Morul - what a name it is? My uncle Delioth had nickname, my cousin has same nickname, and they are famous! I have to get a cool nickname... like... like... InsanityIncarnate!

Spoiler: InsanityIncarnate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 10:13:36 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2012, 01:42:29 pm »

Has there been any clashes with creatures from the evil temple?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 13, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »

Has there been any clashes with creatures from the evil temple?
Not yet. We just saw the smoothed walls of it. But I'm thinking of exlorirng it a bit. And after all we need wood, and that cavern is full of bloodthorns.

25th Hematite, 104
We got another posession. Some planter claimed craftswarf workshop. Please, no more bone hammers or stone jewelry!

2nd Malachite, 104
When I heard this, I locked in my office and bumped my head against the wall a few times.

Webs. Webs!!! WEEEEEBS!!!!!!!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2012, 05:01:17 am »

Capture it. I mandate the creation of fox man beast silk images on all my clothing.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2012, 06:13:03 am »

4th Malachite
We've successfully walled off the entrance to cavern where fox beast appeared. Tirion, as he usual does, asked if we can capture it and farm it for silk, and I think now it's very good idea. I don't want to kill it. You can call me an elf, but living in evil region teaches you not to kill everything, especialy if it's definitelly raises back as undead.

So, we designed a box with drawbridges, with access to caverns and fortifications all along the wall. Then behind fortifications we'll set a bait animal who'll be continiously webbed, and a drawbridge what will interrunt beast's shooting range for weavers can come and collect all the silk.

Trading liaison, who's been forgotten with all those events happened, finally came to agreement with Urist the mayor.
We asked for steel and cassiterite, they want exaclty this:

14th Malachite

Why don't they make something useful? A piece of furniture, a weapon, an armor at least?
This time her posession ended with no side-effects. I mean, she haven't claimed she's the incarnation of some ancient spirit or whateve. Yet.

The beast destroyed what it could (just two doors, actually) and wandered somewhere. Oh, looks that beast suffer from curiosity too!

It stared at it's wall for a time and then turned back. Maybe it's not as dangerous as I thought? and old horror stories were told just to scare us, little children? Huh... Anyway, first we need to deal with the beast itself.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 06:41:44 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 15, 2012, 08:46:53 am »

14thGalena, 104
Human traders, not discouraged by previous fails of negotioations, arrived with five wagons of goods. Good thing that I locked the inner gate but left outer gate open just before. That's how the airlock is supposed to work.

Also, goblin ambush arrived, but they were discovered by undead muskox. Goblins are very, very unlucky here, I even have some pity for them. But no so much.

So, muskoxen won, losing one of them and killing 6 gobbos.

Another ambush, got discovered by undead goblins. Muskoxen migrated away by that time.

NCommander successfully negotiated with merchants. We got a full load of wood, drinks and metal alloy bars, and a few cages. Also we purchased some weapons that our smiths can't make, i.e iron flail, morningstar, scimitar and longsword. All what we sell was silver chains and a few large gems.

I remember Delioth asked me if I  can get her a flail or morningstar to train... Well, now she has a choice of both, if she still wants that...

6th Sandstone
We got another posession. This time it's fishery worker. Oh hell, whatever, I don't care.

Traders are packing. A group of migrants came, greet with a crazy brave recruit who wandered outside for no reason just when I opened the gate. And there he met an undead ogre, who broke his hand and disarmed him. Shit. I called archers to the tops.

Newcomers aren't so useless as they usually are. They met undead goblins and a hunter of them shot them all.
Ogre came to the open gate and was gored by trader's buffalo.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 02:37:00 pm by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 16, 2012, 08:54:46 am »

21st Sandstone

Who's that? Did anyone know that dwarf?

We have enought ghosts here besides this one:

Also, fishworker came up with new toy

I'm tempting to send all those artists exploring that temple underground...

5th Timber

Oh carp. It's at the caverns that we mostly live in. Good this one don't shoots webs. Anyway, Tirion, move your guys down there!

13th Timber
And here comes dwarven trade caravan. And as usual we have no goods to trade. Oookay, let's quickly make 30 silver chains... Oh, and bring here those glass windows - they wanted it badly last time.

14th Moonstone
NCommander was too busy with fields, so some random peasant had to negotiate with traders. Anyway.
We screwed mayor's ban on exporting spears and brought some silver ones into depot.

We've finished the capturing device for that web-shooting fox beast and opened it. But no beast entered it. What to do? I orderer to dig a tunnel to that mysterious temple...

Undeads are there. Various animals turned into men form - reptiles, rodents and such. Not a big deal, I say. But where's the beast?

wow.. undeads from temple rushed everywhere, like ants from the anthill when you poke it with a stick... But they rushed somewhere in the darkness like saving their undead lives. Oh.

Aaaaand here we got another posession!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 09:37:25 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 17, 2012, 06:56:55 am »

11th Opal, 104
Woodpecker beast finally desided to attack. Good, our guys were tired of pointless waiting.

Archers: -BANG!BANG!BANG!
Axedorf: -HACK! HACK!
Dog: - Grrrr! WOOF!
Peasant: -OMNOMNOMNOM!
Beast: - OHSHI~~!
Urist the Mayor: - Yes, and next time you come you can get a few woodpecker's meat bisquits... Oh, don't worry, when I'll be butchering it, I'll wash all poison from it's veins.
Dastot the Ghost: -Mwahahaha! Death! Death is your fate!!!!

Beast is dead, but the pools of it's blood causes major bleeding to anyone who touches it. I.e dogs, other animals and some unlucky crafter. Hey, you, what about cleaning it?

And for the bright news. We have an agreement on trades

and...

- Oh you my lil cute hansome warrior! Who's so strong here? Who's so nice here? Who's so moustached here?
Uh, sorry. Actualy, I forgot that birth time is so soon, so it caught me in the middle of carrying a barrel to the stockpile. Being a woman has it's own good sides. But anyway, my point of posessing this body is to find out what's going on here!

17th Opal

It's third artifact musical instrument that was made here. What's wrong with you, dwarves? No one of us can play music!

5th Granite
The fox beast was captured! We'll never be short of silk again!

And now we can explore that temple...

3rd Slate
Somehow fox beast doesn't shoot webs. Don't know why.

But we have another ghost!

oh, I forgot to show their tombs!

Western half belongs to BFEL, eastern - to Nix. Fortifications and windows embody the fate that separated them forever and broke their heart.
Also, the temple is next to east and one floor down.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 08:10:08 am by peregarrett »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:53 am »

Beautiful.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2012, 09:17:25 am »

Beautiful.
Thanks. I'm going to engrave it when all our engravers get a good skill.

16th Slate, 105
A group of migrants came. Good, we need more fighters here!

We're ready to take over that temple. Tirion insisted on leading the expedition, and I sent Delioth's squad with them.

We're carefully walked around the temple, but nothing happened. Then one of Delioth's macedwarf entered it.

There was a narrow twisty passage somewhere. And just ne made a few steps inside, an evil hisses and feet trample greet him! Back to others!

He was caught at the very entrance and torn to pieces buy undead beastmen. Shit! To arms!

Meanwhile, one of Broken's recruits got posessed...

27th Slate
We had lost many guys. Delioth's squad now consists of injured Delioth only, and Tirion's squad is halved. But the swarm of undeads fades...

And a few of undeads somehow entered our main stairwell... Holy shit! Broken, it's your job!

Oh. Without Tirion's support Broken has lost half of squad to those serpent men skeletons... Fuck!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 02:32:41 pm by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »

Just remember. If my current body ever dies, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGf9qtIeyBg

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2012, 06:18:38 pm »

I don't check on this thread and boom, 4 pages go by.

Can I get re-dorfed as a pickdwarf named Pitchblende? Just say that my spirit returned to do battle with the demons or something.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2012, 08:40:27 pm »

Well, at least my dwarf won't be too busy, seeing as there aren't many militiadwarves left alive in order to be injured.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 18