Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: PaintCrypts. Vampire King and Demons Invasion [Community game] KILLED BY FPS  (Read 27481 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: PaintCrypts, Good and Evil zone. Ghostly lovers! [Community game]
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2012, 10:51:58 pm »

Just remember. If my current body ever dies, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGf9qtIeyBg
Okay!  :D

I don't check on this thread and boom, 4 pages go by.

Can I get re-dorfed as a pickdwarf named Pitchblende? Just say that my spirit returned to do battle with the demons or something.
So, you want battle miner? I don't think he'll do well, but ok. Also, I'm not going to release demons yet, will wait till our fortress becomes Mountainhome.

Well, at least my dwarf won't be too busy, seeing as there aren't many militiadwarves left alive in order to be injured.
Yep, they either die quickly or survive with minor scratches. But we have a lot of useless migrants.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2012, 08:29:42 am »

Well, at least my dwarf won't be too busy, seeing as there aren't many militiadwarves left alive in order to be injured.
Yep, they either die quickly or survive with minor scratches. But we have a lot of useless migrants.

So the undead from the temple, which should be as strong as husks, don't reanimate?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2012, 08:48:05 am »

So the undead from the temple, which should be as strong as husks, don't reanimate?
Not sure about it, but I hope so.
Oh, that's why two of them massacred Broken's squad before I moved your squad in!
I guess we need more archers. They prove to be an ultimate force againist undeads.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2012, 12:56:58 pm »

16th Felsite
We're cleaning the mess at that temple. The lowest level still didn't taken, but we locked it with door.

The worst part of it that those undeads ocassionally come back to life. I ordered just throw them into magma sea, but they can raise while being carried to dump zone

Two corpses caught Delioth and tried to kill her in painful way by strangling her throat, but luckily there were archers. Delioth were brought to hospital then - she refused to leave despite having her knee broken.

And in the middle of this madness goblin siege came. Fuck off, we don't have time for these games!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:00 pm »

Whateverth
Things finally stabilized now. We've reclaimed all fighter's bodies at the caverns, and dumped to magma every undead's corpse. With a lot of issues, for sure.
For example, this specific undead terrorized workers quite a long.

After it was defetaed, I examined it and wondered what it's limbs were connected to - it missed both upper and lower body.

We have two new squads. Fighters of 'Towns of Excavation' led by legendary miner who took the name 'Pitchblende the 2nd'.
Spoiler: Pitchblende II (click to show/hide)
She carries steel pick as a weapon, and ready to kick ass!
The second squad are archers of 'Ropes of Emancipation' led by GreatWyrmBismuthBronze, former ly maker. Unfortunately, he got his leg broken quickly after he was appointed, and now it resting in hospital.

On the grim news - Deloith the 2nd died of infection, no matter how InsanityIncrnate tried to save her life.

We had another beast:

which forced us to lock the cavern gate for the first. We even had to dig a special shooting range, 'cause it were hiding at the unreachable point. But Greatwyrm's squad killed it easily after getting to positions.

Recruit that got posessed in the middle of Battle for Temple, made this:

It has amphibian man bone decorations on it, which belonged to a temple undead. Quite badass.

And the second posession brough us this:

Siege left by itself, and human traders came. This time we've forgot to leave the gate open, so they didn't brought any wagons. Whatever.

There also were a lot of tanrums and a few fist fights resulted in skull crushing, as well as melancholy madness, but now we're 163 quite healthy dwarves.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 01:16:15 pm by peregarrett »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2012, 02:56:54 pm »

Am I getting used to tragedy or getting some badass titles already?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2012, 06:33:59 am »

Am I getting used to tragedy or getting some badass titles already?
Sadly no. You're so effective at shooting things that they die before they kill someone, get a title and become historical figure.
But one of your guys got a title:

Actually, she's a girl, not a guy. I guess she deserves a tomb.

Your kills are:

2nd Sandstone, 105
A group of migrants arrived. That's good, we've just started a megaproject - I want to dig out that temple and decorate it with statues everywhere, where it's possible. So, grab your pick and go digging!

7th Timber
We were deeply in digging around the temple, when miners suddenly ran away shouting something about the beast...

it squized past the gate and began crushing the Nix and BFEL's tomb! I ordered to build the cage traps around the entrance, so we can capture it when it finishes with tomb...

And, at this time an liaison with merchants came. Liaison asked me who should I promote to barony, and I have a hard choice...

So, does anyone want to be a baron?
Also, redorfing requests are welcome.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 07:31:03 am by peregarrett »

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile

...Make the temple a statue garden. It'll make releasing the circus much more hilarious.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Make the temple a statue garden. It'll make releasing the circus much more hilarious.

Or better yet, make a small cell there, locked with raising bridges. Drop every non-[FLIER] corpse you get your hands on in there. Remove the sword. Seal off the temple from the fortress, and open the cell. The demons will resume their prehistoric struggle with the guardians of the Hellmouth... and maybe even lose (Underworld and Undead oppose each other). If enough of their first wave is inorganic and weak, you can end up with a temple full of zombies with a few zombie demons. If you lure them away from the temple and put them to rest, you could begin colonizing Hell and relocate some living quarters to the slade temple. Smooth slade walls, with gem windows and gold/platinum/aluminum added on to separate rooms... they'd be quarters worthy of a true dwarf.

I take no guarantees for accidents related to pets or dwarves dieing there, though.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, I was thinking of it.
Have you noticed that your new dwarf likes flame brutes? We'll probably have a lot of them!

Or better yet, make a small cell there, locked with raising bridges. Drop every non-[FLIER] corpse you get your hands on in there. Remove the sword. Seal off the temple from the fortress, and open the cell. The demons will resume their prehistoric struggle with the guardians of the Hellmouth... and maybe even lose (Underworld and Undead oppose each other). If enough of their first wave is inorganic and weak, you can end up with a temple full of zombies with a few zombie demons. If you lure them away from the temple and put them to rest, you could begin colonizing Hell and relocate some living quarters to the slade temple. Smooth slade walls, with gem windows and gold/platinum/aluminum added on to separate rooms... they'd be quarters worthy of a true dwarf.

I take no guarantees for accidents related to pets or dwarves dieing there, though.
Oh.
I was going to set there noble rooms, for baron and for the king when he arrives, and let them free the demons. Let vampire king fight the demons horde!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:21:18 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, my candidates for barony are:
Spoiler: ShadeNight (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NCommander (click to show/hide)

And these guys have leser chance to be a baron, 'cause they already have a noble positions, and they usually stop doing their tasks when appointed. I always had to move barons out of squad leaders to subordinate position.
Spoiler: Peregarrette (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Pitchblende II (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tirion (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: InsanityIncarnate (click to show/hide)

Also I can promote one of their spouse, so dwarf in question becomes a consort... Shit, I'm tired of choosing!
If no requests will show up till 17:00 GMT +3:00 (8:00 Forum time) I'll either use random number generator with dwarves in question or let the game choose anyone from whole fortress.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

I vote for myself!
I'd be the most awesome baron ever!
(Since i've got poor social relationships skills, i'd insult all the diplomats! Yeahy!)
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Show me my wife's profile, so I can decide if I want her as Baron.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Show me my wife's profile, so I can decide if I want her as Baron.

Here's others spouses' screens:
Spoiler: Broken's wife (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Peregarrette's husband (click to show/hide)
Sadly, all others spouses are dead. Tirions' wife was creator of bone hammer and died quickly after that.

Pitchblende

• Bay Watcher
  • Ne cede malis
    • View Profile

Don't make me baron please.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18