Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441060 times)

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #1230 on: October 15, 2016, 05:41:30 pm »

Not sure if I should get this now or wait for sale. Still got Story of Seasons on 3DS and a new Story of Season is gonna be out next month. So much farm, so little time.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 15, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »

I didn't know some new things came out, but I might just wait for the multiplayer to get added before starting again. I don't want to get involved in playing this when I just decided to complete a couple other games.

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2016, 02:16:54 am »

I've decided to put up a new episode every day. Hopefully I'll manage to keep up with it by spending a couple hours recording over the weekend. So Episode 2 is up.

From now on I won't pester this thread every day with updates. I have another thread for that.

I'm actually really happy to be able to make and post videos again. There are others I'd rather make, but I don't have the time, so for now, at least I can do this.

Woot! Like your style, by the way. You deserve more subs! :P
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2016, 09:21:58 am »

I've decided to put up a new episode every day. Hopefully I'll manage to keep up with it by spending a couple hours recording over the weekend. So Episode 2 is up.

From now on I won't pester this thread every day with updates. I have another thread for that.

I'm actually really happy to be able to make and post videos again. There are others I'd rather make, but I don't have the time, so for now, at least I can do this.

Woot! Like your style, by the way. You deserve more subs! :P

Thank you! :)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 17, 2016, 05:35:07 pm »

So I took this "help anted" quest, where the wizard wanted me to bring him a Crocus for some experiment.
When I got the item he wanted, I went to the tower and found a crocus basically at his doorstep.
He could have just walked outside his tower for once in his life.
This is the equivalent of ordering home a pizza, when there's a conveniently located pizza restaurant across the street from where you live.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 17, 2016, 05:40:03 pm »

So I took this "help anted" quest, where the wizard wanted me to bring him a Crocus for some experiment.
When I got the item he wanted, I went to the tower and found a crocus basically at his doorstep.
He could have just walked outside his tower for once in his life.
This is the equivalent of ordering home a pizza, when there's a conveniently located pizza restaurant across the street from where you live.

Some people actually do that in real life. Also, he's a wizard, since when do they ever go outside?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 17, 2016, 05:48:00 pm »

Well I suppose I can pretend he is testing me, for whatever reason wizards have.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: May 01, 2018, 04:01:06 pm »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: May 01, 2018, 04:03:29 pm »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: May 01, 2018, 04:40:05 pm »

Funny I was just thinking about this game again. I stopped playing while trying to decide between Abigail or Penny. Abigail is awesome, but Penny is a sweet girl in a crappy family situation I can sort of relate to.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: May 01, 2018, 05:50:33 pm »

I dunno, I was excited about this game once upon a time, but it's really just a harvest moon game made by someone else. I might as well play Rune Factory.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: May 02, 2018, 01:09:55 am »

I dunno, I was excited about this game once upon a time, but it's really just a harvest moon game made by someone else. I might as well play Rune Factory.

Is that such a bad thing? It's arguably better than any Harvest Moon game, and Rune Factory imo. I've certainly sunk more time into Stardew than I have into any Harvest Moon game since Back to Nature, and by now, I've probably put more hours than I did even into BtN. It just gets right all the stuff that the HM games usually get wrong, and there's a lot more longevity to Stardew than any HM game I've played.

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: May 02, 2018, 07:18:21 am »

I haven't played Harvest Moon, but I'd dstrongly suggest giving Stardew Valley a go. Its gameplay has an impressive depth that might surprise you.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: May 02, 2018, 09:50:40 am »

I haven't played Harvest Moon, but I'd dstrongly suggest giving Stardew Valley a go. Its gameplay has an impressive depth that might surprise you.
I gave it a go when it was new. Nothing about it surprised me, because I, in fact, have played harvest moon. There isn't any added gameplay except maybe that it has one combat dungeon, but that's done way WAY better by countless other dungeon delving games, including Rune Factory, which is also a farming game and which lets you domesticate monsters. The only benefit to Stardew is if you really strongly prefer the art style and... I don't. It's really nothing special, graphically either.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: May 02, 2018, 10:52:22 am »

Heh. Totally off-topic but you just reminded me of a great glitch in the first Rune Factory. Turns out you can access the last cave as soon as you can ride monsters; your footprint is large enough that you'll enter even once you get kicked back for not being able to.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 91