Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441187 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #840 on: March 07, 2016, 06:31:52 pm »

...Wait, there's an "end" to this game?

Harvet moon-likes should never end D: that is the worst of fates!

The original ends after 2.5 years. What are you, a heathen? Down with the non-purist-believer!
/jk

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: March 07, 2016, 06:34:28 pm »

The Female versions of HM end as soon as you get married and become a baby making machine.
Not all of them, just some of the early ones.  And it was one of the most irritating things about them, which makes me extra-glad it stopped by the time they left the GBC.  Of course, Havest Moon DS turned the tables - there, if the male character married one of the unlockable Mineral Town bachelorettes, the game also ended.  The reason was never stated, but it was typically assumed that it was something like you moving out to go to Mineral Town with her.  DS Cute (with the female protagonist) had no such issue, so your lovely bishie doctor (for a completely random example) would be perfectly fine moving from Mineral Town to settle in with you.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:36:33 pm by Culise »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 07, 2016, 08:38:47 pm »

Seems like a game I'd do. Married? THE FUN IS OVER.
Bahaha! I didn't know about that, though. That sounds weird.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 08, 2016, 12:29:39 am »

Spoiler: Farm, Spring Y2 (click to show/hide)

Finally actually got to play in my 90 hours of recorded play time and got to year 2!

I spent the last week of winter tearing up my farm and rearranging it. I'm happy with the results; it's not the most efficient thing, but it makes me happy aesthetically, so whatever.  :P
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 08, 2016, 02:51:48 am »

Momentarily ignore this.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 08, 2016, 06:39:36 am »

Spoiler: More fun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Farm, Spring Y2 (click to show/hide)

That's not a farm, that's a town plaza.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 08, 2016, 08:34:01 am »

True. Far too urbanized. Looks like a downtown farm museum. :P

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 08, 2016, 10:27:32 am »

I played around a bit, and on my 3rd re-roll, haha. 

Maybe spoilerish, but more of an outcome.

First "Sanctume" who acts like a pimp, checking out the babes in town, being social.  And ofcourse did mass planting / harvest like a farmer.
I eventually felt unsatisfied when I hit a "tech" bottle neck because I need a certain item that requires some skill / time.
Oh yeah, I learned that I hate and loathe fishing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Second, "Frodo Baggins" who I had fun just making a hybrid leprechaun sporting a green afro, and overalls.
This time, I did a conservative planting.  Technically, I timed myself on what I can do in around 2.5 hours so that my .5 hour walk to town means I'll get there 9am. 

My Third, "Dorf", Farm Name "Fortress, Favorite Thing "Magma Forge" will be my main now.  Doing balance of sort, meaning doing skills as Fortune dictates.  I still don't do much social interactions, but want to do more to seek the items I needed in the first run with "Sanctume."

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:34 pm »

Here's my farm spring year 3

About the endgame

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: March 08, 2016, 08:52:17 pm »

About the endgame

I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 08, 2016, 10:18:10 pm »

I don't know if ConcernedApe is reading this, or any, thread, but I've decided to join the war efforts on the front lines. I sold four customers on Stardew Valley today. GameStop does not sell Stardew Valley, as far as I know, but I'm telling people about it anyway.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 08, 2016, 10:25:53 pm »

I don't know if ConcernedApe is reading this, or any, thread, but I've decided to join the war efforts on the front lines. I sold four customers on Stardew Valley today. GameStop does not sell Stardew Valley, as far as I know, but I'm telling people about it anyway.

I've gotten 3 of my friends to get it so far, and a comment I made about how people should buy the game on Kickass torrents made an appearance in a Polygon article, so I think I've done my part. I've been looking forward to this game for a few years, and for once I'm not disappointed, it's awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: March 08, 2016, 10:28:00 pm »

I've gotten 3 of my friends to get it so far, and a comment I made about how people should buy the game on Kickass torrents made an appearance in a Polygon article, so I think I've done my part. I've been looking forward to this game for a few years, and for once I'm not disappointed, it's awesome.
I'm gonna be honest with you, KAT is where I picked it up. That said, I had my doubts because Chucklefish. My doubts have been silenced and I'm planning on buying at least one copy, and Wolfeyez is probably picking it up, too.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 08, 2016, 10:50:28 pm »

I'm gonna be honest with you, KAT is where I picked it up. That said, I had my doubts because Chucklefish. My doubts have been silenced and I'm planning on buying at least one copy, and Wolfeyez is probably picking it up, too.

Same. I was a little worried at first, but I ended up buying it day one after only playing it for a little bit.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 08, 2016, 11:16:44 pm »

Personally, it was a day one buy for me - which is really rare, since normally I admit, I'll hit up a torrent to make sure I actually like something before I buy. I'd been following the devblog though and was satisfied it would be fun. Chucklefish was the only reason I hesitated; I understand the need for a publisher, but man. I feel bad for CA with CF's rep, heh.

It's good to see fans of the game helping each other out though. I wish I had the funds to toss a few random copies at people, myself. CA deserves the money!

True. Far too urbanized. Looks like a downtown farm museum. :P
That's not a farm, that's a town plaza.

You can take the boy outta the city, but you can't take the city outta the boy.  :P
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 91