Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441176 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #825 on: March 07, 2016, 12:16:40 pm »

I just bought the game last night.  And this game actually made take a break from playing DF, lol. 

Now I'm tormented of wanting to be "efficient" by reading online info / spoilers, versus playing blindly and relying on mass planting turnips like it's FarmVille.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: March 07, 2016, 12:42:28 pm »

You have a buttload of time, there's no rush. There's a slow plot but it's mostly fluff and you can keep doing you forever.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2016, 12:47:11 pm »

Now I'm tormented of wanting to be "efficient" by reading online info / spoilers, versus playing blindly and relying on mass planting turnips like it's FarmVille.

That can be tough. I sometimes peer into the wiki for stuff I consider obscure, but I've tried to restrain myself. Reading about the precious few "optimal" crops would take away a lot from the game. Generally, seed descriptions tell you enough. I plant a bit of everything, but do favour renewable crops, those that keep growing and allow multiple harvests.

Haven't really prioritized animals, as they require a lot of infrastructure and logistics, all ultimately for lackluster produce. Even after processed into artisan goods*.

*Gotta love Stardew Valley's concept of artisanship: plop into autonomous machine, wait a few days, get "artisan" goods.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 12:50:29 pm by Greenbane »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »

Random request, if anyone is near to reaching the 30th level of the mines can you post what item is in the chest there? I've been doing work filling out stuff on the official wiki and that is the only one I can't find info for anywhere on the web, that I don't recall myself.

Also if anyone doesn't mind being spoiled, the details for the evaluation after two years have been established. While some are easy, some are really difficult to do within the two years without knowing you need to go for them from near the start.

Link to the wiki with the details within the spoiler.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2016, 02:58:23 pm »

Interesting way to find Iridium that I just discovered
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2016, 03:17:55 pm »

Random request, if anyone is near to reaching the 30th level of the mines can you post what item is in the chest there? I've been doing work filling out stuff on the official wiki and that is the only one I can't find info for anywhere on the web, that I don't recall myself.

Also if anyone doesn't mind being spoiled, the details for the evaluation after two years have been established. While some are easy, some are really difficult to do within the two years without knowing you need to go for them from near the start.

Link to the wiki with the details within the spoiler.

Sorry I can't help with that as I didn't really pay attention to the drops. ><

But thanks for the link to the Grandpa stuff.. And now I know why I lacked 4 'points' - I was never going to get them anyway as they seemed silly for me to rush on them.
That's why I don't like this sort of thing for this type of game. I dislike fishing, so I'd never spend a ton of time to 'catch them all' (even though I did have fun catching legendaries, but seeking new fish on the perfect conditions is just not why I play the game).
And as I said..popping a ton of geodes weekly on end-game I still lacked half of the artficacts and one mineral, ouch.

Power to those who want to do a 100% perfect run, but dang. I'm not THAT much into the HM genre.  :P
I did want to complete the insane mini-games, though. I got close to the end of level 5 on the mini kart and suffered a penta-kill...it's really annoying how the game respawns you on the edge of platforms that have impossible jumps..and sometimes it do this many times in a row.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2016, 03:29:24 pm »

Yeah, 90% of Junimo Kart is just bullshit RNG. The rest is just how fast you can react.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2016, 04:27:34 pm »

How is the replayability on this game?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2016, 04:42:59 pm »

For now, I'd say it's pretty 'meh'. You can choose to side with Joja corp (not a spoiler as it's on the game's description  :P), but I don't feel like this is worth a second playthrough.
Of course, if you're into the rating stuff you could play again aiming for the highest score, but eh.

The game does take 80+ hours to complete, though (depending on how long you stretch your days), so 'replayability' is not really such a huge factor. 15$ for potential 80+ hours of gameplay is a good deal, IMO.

When it comes to replayability, I'd wait for patches, content updates, and content mods. I personally had an idea to mod in the telephone and 'TV shopping channel' from Harvest Moon which you could order certain machines from. So in this mod you'd be able to buy automation machines and other stuff (machines to make Wheat Flour, Sugar, etc). I'm too lazy to go ahead with it, but I suppose someone will do something similar eventually and this kind of thing can expand the possible routes you can take enough to make multiple playthroughs interesting.

But that's just me. I very rarely replay games, unless they are reasonably short.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »

When you want to upgrade a coop, do you get a discount of some kind on the price of fresh building the max level coop or is it more efficient to just go straight for the most expensive?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2016, 05:32:02 pm »

You can't go straight for the most expensive. You have to go Tier 1 > Tier 2 > Tier 3. You build the big one on top of the old one.

Re: Replayability
I fully expect this, based on some of the dev's comments, to wind up like Terraria where there will be a handful of big content patches tapering off over time.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2016, 05:34:08 pm »

...Wait, there's an "end" to this game?

Harvet moon-likes should never end D: that is the worst of fates!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2016, 05:35:58 pm »

As I understand it, at the beginning of the third year you get some kind of ranking, and then the game keeps going. So it doesn't really end, I suppose.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2016, 05:40:06 pm »

...Wait, there's an "end" to this game?

Harvet moon-likes should never end D: that is the worst of fates!

Hint: check the northwest corner of your farm. You may need to clear some trees.

Spoiler: Harvest Moon spoilers (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2016, 05:49:27 pm »

The Female versions of HM end as soon as you get married and become a baby making machine.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 91