Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441216 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #780 on: March 06, 2016, 02:39:42 am »

Cave Carrots, Found when Hoeing the Soil of the Mines...
Only way to find them, but would be very exhausting to look for them with a basic hoe, waiting till at least copper for best results. OR find those markers which were mentioned before but I can't identify...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 06, 2016, 03:30:23 am »

Cave Carrots, Found when Hoeing the Soil of the Mines...
Only way to find them, but would be very exhausting to look for them with a basic hoe, waiting till at least copper for best results. OR find those markers which were mentioned before but I can't identify...

Naw, you can get cave carrots out of crates, barrels, and as monster loot too. They're not terribly common until level 50-60+,though.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 06, 2016, 03:46:48 am »

I actually didn't realize you could get them from soil in the mines ... I've found all mine in crates and things.

I just realized I have a stupid amount of hours on my game count so far. Apparently I've got 74 hours already, and I'm not even through winter year 1. I should really not leave SV running while I go to the store or while I'm working ...  :P
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #783 on: March 06, 2016, 04:18:15 am »

Ugh... I love the hat seller idea, but I hate the "hats". Presumably because my character is female, most of them are sparkly bows and barrettes. I want a HAT dammit! Not all girls like putting sparkly things in their hair... I wouldn't mind if it was only one or two, but it's almost all of them!!! Anyone know if there's an easy way to change the graphics of the female hats? I'm assuming male characters don't have any of this nonsense.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 06, 2016, 04:23:42 am »

First Quest of a new game...
Bring me a Parsnip - Its day 3...

CAN YOU EVEN GET UP HERE???
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 04:25:25 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 06, 2016, 04:30:42 am »

Crux, I really wish you had put that bit in spoiler tags.
Oh, that would have been good. Edited now, though I suppose it's kind of too late.

What is actually said is
Your phrasing is a bit off iirc, and and it's pretty clear what the situation is supposed to allude to. Of course, it's not said outright but this game is indirect about that kind of thing, like with the mayor's shorts. The only way to not know what's happening is if you choose to be willfully ignorant.

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 06, 2016, 04:38:32 am »

Ugh... I love the hat seller idea, but I hate the "hats". Presumably because my character is female, most of them are sparkly bows and barrettes. I want a HAT dammit! Not all girls like putting sparkly things in their hair... I wouldn't mind if it was only one or two, but it's almost all of them!!! Anyone know if there's an easy way to change the graphics of the female hats? I'm assuming male characters don't have any of this nonsense.

Actually I think it may be because of which achievements you've gotten?

I'm playing a dude, and I have a combination of shiny bows/barrettes and actual hats available.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #787 on: March 06, 2016, 04:40:25 am »

Oh, really? I assumed that the bows and such were girl-only, as they usually are in such games. Good to know everyone has the same ones and I'm not missing anything by being a lady. Shame there are so many sparkly bows and such, though. I doubt many players of this game are into that sort of thing. Good to have a couple of options, but I'd like more hats, really.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 06, 2016, 04:42:39 am »

I've been wondering about cave carrots, actually. I finally found my first mushroom in the mines, but I have yet to find a single cave carrot - and it seems like a lot of cooking recipes require them. I've reached level 55 in the mines - do they spawn deeper or something? Or have I just been having bad luck? I do break open every crate and barrel I see.
I've found most of mine by using the hoe on all the patches of dirt/sand  you see on some levels. Make sure to bring along some energy restoring food as hoeing the whole patches will drain your energy quickly.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 06, 2016, 04:44:09 am »

Oh, really? I assumed that the bows and such were girl-only, as they usually are in such games. Good to know everyone has the same ones and I'm not missing anything by being a lady. Shame there are so many sparkly bows and such, though. I doubt many players of this game are into that sort of thing. Good to have a couple of options, but I'd like more hats, really.

Yeah, I was a tad bit disappointed with that- especially the "cowgal hat," and no cowboy counterpart. There are a couple of decent ones, but the straw hat is the only valid option.

Modders, help!
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 06, 2016, 04:50:53 am »

The biggest tip I can give is that the Fedora doesn't really look like a Fedora. I used it as a replacement for a cowboy hat.
Or maybe it's just my myopia.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 06, 2016, 04:50:53 am »

Yeah, I was a tad bit disappointed with that- especially the "cowgal hat," and no cowboy counterpart. There are a couple of decent ones, but the straw hat is the only valid option.

Modders, help!
Actually there is a cowboy hat, but it requires a much longer to get achievement than the cowgirl hat does.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

There are also some reasonable hats from various fishing achievements, and from winning at the various festivals.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 06, 2016, 04:54:24 am »

Sir, I hope you do not mean to suggest that I, a gentleman of decorum and breeding, should wear a fedora?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #793 on: March 06, 2016, 04:57:59 am »

I've just been wearing the "good ol' cap" which suits me pretty well. I feel like if I tried, I could find it sexist that the "girly" hats generally seem to be easier to unlock than the "masculine" ones, but that feels like it would be a waste of energy. :P

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 06, 2016, 05:13:26 am »

Sir, I hope you do not mean to suggest that I, a gentleman of decorum and breeding, should wear a fedora?

Wear the Hard Hat or the Sailor Hat and play YMCA by Village People. You know you want to.

PS: I finished the game still lacking like half the artifacts and one mineral, and I was popping around 200 geodes weekly on last winter. Maybe I just didn't treasure hunt enough while fishing.  ::)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 05:26:39 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 91