Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441345 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #570 on: March 02, 2016, 12:09:43 am »

As a male, you have so many great options when compared to the female options. You have a dancer/artistic/DIY, you have a gamer/dark/adventurer, a sculptor/artist/designer, a scientist/inventor/astronomer, and that's just 4 of them.  :P
At first I didn't like the bachelor choices, but they're growing on me, oddly enough. Except Mr-70s-mustache. I don't know what CA was thinking there.

If you want to change it I resprited him without the moustache:

http://imgur.com/a/TOuVw

https://mega.nz/#!6IYhDKIb!UVcXgYw4NwJUl44QuzodDqKLFBFTFeq2PJxJsYOg70U

If you want it, just copy and past the file inside your Stardew Valley portraits folder, which should be Stardew Valley\Content\Portraits and make sure to back up the old one! I've been playing with it for the last couple days and I've had no issues in the few times I've talked to Harvey.

Oh my god what a difference a shave makes!  :P That brings him from dead last to "crap should I choose Harvey or Sebastian" territory.

Thanks so much, I didn't think to just mod his portrait like that. Not that I'm good at spriting anyway...

Haha, thank Sappho for giving me the idea!

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 02, 2016, 01:22:28 am »

Edit: Reached 10 hearts, and soon afterwards she asked me to come to the bath house after dark. O_o
Weiiiiiiiiird...... We will see...

"Come to my room after dark, I want to show you something" sounded really 'weird' too.
But the most disturbing experience I've ever had in this game and this whole genre, was...Tent-related weirdness..
Spoiler: Tent Cutscene (click to show/hide)

And..found a sad bug. I can't dance with waifu on the Flower Dance. It was going to be my vengeance for being alone on the first year. Bug reported.  :'(
Just gonna pretend Sebastian threatened suicide if he wouldn't dance with Abigail and mah girl Emily (an actual dancer, actually) Maru took me for a ride.
EDIT: My plans for the perfect dance have been foiled.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 01:25:21 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 02, 2016, 01:47:08 am »

"Come to my room after dark, I want to show you something" sounded really 'weird' too.
But the most disturbing experience I've ever had in this game and this whole genre, was...Tent-related weirdness..
Spoiler: Tent Cutscene (click to show/hide)

I didn't notice the suggestive noises, but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I did question what was going on in the tent, given how long they were in there. Afterwards, I wondered if perhaps throwing parsnips and mushrooms at people's faces might send the wrong message.
I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 02, 2016, 02:08:11 am »

Version 1.4 is out with quite a few changes! Grass will now grow faster which is definitely a welcome change.

And best of all the bug that was making my game crash on sleeping is gone :D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:28:26 am by Wiles »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #574 on: March 02, 2016, 02:24:56 am »

Says he fixed the lighting bug with the torches... Downloading now, fingers crossed.

Also, my favorite highlights from the update log:

-All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
-Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
-Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.

I hope the grass growth speed is fast enough. Disappointed there's still no confirm button for selling. And trying very hard not to rage over his dismissal of a save and quit button... Just to spite his anti-save-scumming stance, I'm quitting every time something unwanted happens and playing the day over. GOOD JOB STOPPING ME FROM SAVE SCUMMING, YA JERK.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 02, 2016, 02:25:35 am »

Version 1.4 is out with quite a few changes! Grass will now grow faster which is definitely a welcome change.

And best of the bug that was making my game crash on sleeping is gone :D

That bug just crashed my game, updating now, thank fuck.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: March 02, 2016, 02:49:50 am »

Six days in, blew my money on the Fiberglass Rod. I think I've talked to maybe eight people... I've got fishing to do. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: March 02, 2016, 02:56:31 am »

Wow, thanks for the heads up on the update. I now have cows, goats, sheep, pigs and chickens, and will go for ducks and rabbits in a week..so grass was starting be removed pretty fast.  :P

Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
I dislike this. I just finally finished making 12 beehives, and they are pretty annoying to make with the high coal cost. They also take a rather long time to produce honey, so I don't see the point of the nerf.

Everything else is really good. The dev usually makes silent patches too, like the winter crash was fixed before this and it's not even on the patch notes.. so things are getting fixed up pretty quickly.

PS: The spouse-getting-stuck bug was pretty bad. It made marriage way more depressing than it should [ :P]. I think waifu tried to path every day and failed, so she would make the angry emote and say "House's a mess, I can't find my way around" or something. I think this actually would take down hearts if going for too long and without you giving gifts.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:59:04 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 02, 2016, 03:21:30 am »

Heh... All the married and Marnie all meet up to do an Exercise Course together. Robin doing Steps, Marnie doing Skiprope, Jodi doing Dumbbells and Caroline doing, Jogging on the spot? With Emily being the Coach...
That's adorable...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 02, 2016, 03:42:14 am »

Is your horse supposed to show up on the NPC list? I'm wondering if it is meant to be that way or if it is a bug caused by him sharing the same name as one of the villagers.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 02, 2016, 04:06:15 am »

Ok so how do I turn Ancient Fruit into Ancient Seeds???
I can't figure it out as when I put it into the new Seed Maker I got, it turns into Randomseeds...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 02, 2016, 04:38:39 am »

Eleven days in, got the backpack, met 24 people, and got two fishing related achievements (catch 10 different kinds, catch 100 total). My fishing rank is almost 5. Things are going pretty good, I think, excluding the fact I'm not doing much with the people in town.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

rumpel

• Bay Watcher
  • test
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 02, 2016, 06:35:07 am »

[...] And trying very hard not to rage over his dismissal of a save and quit button... Just to spite his anti-save-scumming stance, I'm quitting every time something unwanted happens and playing the day over. GOOD JOB STOPPING ME FROM SAVE SCUMMING, YA JERK.

Yeah, this sucks. What is the dev's stance on this? Does he consider changing it? :|

I really, really like the game. Played 5 hours straight and it felt much shorter. I heavily dislike fishing, though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 02, 2016, 06:41:40 am »

Do tree stumps grow back? I've had a few stumps sitting by the bus stop for over a season and not growing. On the farm, it looks like some have grown back while others had saplings spawn around them, but that might be just random spawns.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #584 on: March 02, 2016, 06:42:47 am »

[...] And trying very hard not to rage over his dismissal of a save and quit button... Just to spite his anti-save-scumming stance, I'm quitting every time something unwanted happens and playing the day over. GOOD JOB STOPPING ME FROM SAVE SCUMMING, YA JERK.

Yeah, this sucks. What is the dev's stance on this? Does he consider changing it? :|

His current response to the plethora of requests for "save and quit" is "I don't want people to save scum" and "it would be too hard to implement". So as of now, he's not planning to put it in. You can see his comment on Reddit. There are several well-written responses explaining why "save and quit" is truly necessary for a large percentage of his player base, but you have to open that part of the thread manually because it's been constantly downvoted by people who are already fanatically supporting the dev no matter what he says, and who apparently have all the time in the world to play and can't imagine why anyone should care.

Do tree stumps grow back? I've had a few stumps sitting by the bus stop for over a season and not growing. On the farm, it looks like some have grown back while others had saplings spawn around them, but that might be just random spawns.

I think they grow back but it takes 10 days or so.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 91