Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 91

Author Topic: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC  (Read 441348 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Stardew Valley - Harvest Moon type game for PC
« Reply #360 on: February 27, 2016, 03:21:40 pm »

I just started a thread on the Steam discussion forum asking for a save and quit feature. I don't know if the dev is going to read or consider suggestions there, but I don't know a better place to do it. Maybe if others would also like to see that change, you could add your vote there?

Yeah, it's not 1996 anymore, what we need is save and quit and diagonal movement to be the same speed as UDLR.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 27, 2016, 03:56:20 pm »

Anyone else have a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
crash down onto their farm during the second night???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 27, 2016, 04:14:24 pm »

Nope :O

Also, a tip for your first big wood investment, fix the small bridge on the beach, it opens up an area which spawns corals and shells and that kind of stuff which sells for a nice amount. Also also, make sure to have some cash handy for the festivals since they usually sell some nice stuff, like strawberries, which are like beans except more awesome :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 27, 2016, 04:21:55 pm »

Just to be aware folks. If you don't hand in the quest after completing it, you will miss out on the reward and such if you expend the last day. Kinda collapsed trying to escape a swarm of Slimes and getting out of the mines. Had a Quest to kill the buggers, did it but wanted to go deeper. Then while trying to find a new down so I could go up I collapsed...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 27, 2016, 04:49:59 pm »

By the way, what do I have to do to unlock the quest for the minecart? All I see is out of order when i try to use it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 27, 2016, 05:00:47 pm »

By the way, what do I have to do to unlock the quest for the minecart? All I see is out of order when i try to use it.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 27, 2016, 05:07:11 pm »

Thanks. I somehow missed that finishing all of the bundles in a set gives a reward. Now to find those damn ores.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 27, 2016, 05:17:15 pm »

I think the biggest challeng with that set will be getting the adventuring part, not sure at which point stuff which drops the void/sun stuff appears, I also made the mistake of selling off about 50 slimes before realising I would actually need them for something.

With that, another tip, if you get a hold of anything, and it doesn't say trash in the description it's valuable and will serve some purpose sooner or later, with storage chests being cheap, consider keeping atleast one of everything you come across in case you need it.

Also, if someone is trying to woo/find Leah, my stalking efforts have proven fruitful. During spring she usually leavs her house a bit after noon and goes west to the lake shore and just chills there. During the summer she seems to switch it up and goes to the beach around the same time, also sometimes in the pub, tho I'm not sure how regular that is.
AS - IG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 27, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »

As near as I can tell, the pro way to get close to someone is give them gifts every time you see them randomly until you get the event at 2/3 hearts that lets you go into their room, then two times a week be there right when they open their door so you can give them gifts.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 27, 2016, 05:21:35 pm »

I didn't make it home before two am and collapsed but I just ended up back at my bed and it did not seem to be a problem. I even still got up at 6 am. What is the downside of collapsing.

I agree that it can be really difficult to find people.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 27, 2016, 05:25:24 pm »

I think the biggest challeng with that set will be getting the adventuring part, not sure at which point stuff which drops the void/sun stuff appears, I also made the mistake of selling off about 50 slimes before realising I would actually need them for something.

That's actually the easiest one. Have you noticed that you don't have to bring in all the items? On the Bundle screen, check the amount of slots where you can place items. I think the Adventuring one just needs 2 items.
I went WTF when I saw those Bundles with like 10 items on them, but then I noticed you only need to bring 5.

What's funnier about SV more than HM is that there's simply a lot of stuff that take a lot of money. I COULD spend all my savings on a Steel Pickaxe, or I could use it to buy a building, or save some more for inventory expansion....
I find this really cool, it makes it so each person will have a different progression path. Fishing is my last priority, just like I used it to leave it to the final years of my HM playthoughs. I got to Level 60 on the mines on the first spring, though, so I guess I'm a Slime squisher (spent a good deal of money to be able to do that, though, so I don't think I'll be richer than most Farmers and other 'paths').

I didn't make it home before two am and collapsed but I just ended up back at my bed and it did not seem to be a problem. I even still got up at 6 am. What is the downside of collapsing.
Yah..I miss back on HM when you would lose hours of the next day if you kept sleeping late.
Spoiler: Collapsing (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 05:26:58 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 27, 2016, 05:32:14 pm »

I think you have half energy for the next day? Something I noticed when going fully exhausted once was that I had that the next day. Not sure if it applied to collapsing.

And while stuff is expensive initially, I feel that once you get your farming up and running to a decent degree earning several thousand for a single harvest isn't that much of an issue anymore.

Also didn't notice there were fewer slots than actual requirements, that's pretty cool, should make unlocking that room fairly easy then.
AS - IG

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 27, 2016, 06:17:26 pm »

RE: Diagonal movement.
Basically: You move maybe 10% slower than you should when moving diagonally, but it's still faster than using Manhattan distance.

There's almost double the amount of people playing on Steam now than my previous post.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 27, 2016, 07:00:27 pm »

I think you have half energy for the next day? Something I noticed when going fully exhausted once was that I had that the next day. Not sure if it applied to collapsing.

Oh yeah, there's that. I also noticed that even though sleeping late will wake you at 6am always (differently from HM in which I remember you'd wake up much later), it won't recharge your energy 100%. I went to sleep at 1:30AM with 25% energy, woke up with ~75%.

I also 'discovered' something that I think is a bit unfair the game doesn't tell you. It's not game breaking or anything, but I don't know how much we lose by not knowing it. I only discovered it on the first week of summer. It's a game feature, so I don't know if it's a spoiler..it's regarding the use of the hoe.

It might be obvious to some people, but I only played older Harvest Moon games and I don't remember that being a thing.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »

Pam... She loves the booze...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 91