Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak  (Read 19610 times)

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 05:17:59 pm »

Well, indeed, if you don't have water/fish, you won't be able to capture a live fish, and therefore you won't be able to build the fishpond... At least I have an idea for the water, perhaps a reaction that would store water in a container? I think that you made a reaction that "purifies" booze to get water, but I'm not sure...

For the golems, I agree. At least, it should still be in the folklore, like, a brass golem maybe... but meh, sterling silver golem? Doesn't seems right.

Also, small update on the plugin: adapted most of the dwarves buildings that could be available to both civs (for example, the storage unit). Of course, the plants are done, and I'm still working on the metal. Religious system? Well... later. I first want to do the easiest ones, and I probably won't release an alpha until masterwork 2 comes out and that I fully understand it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 05:30:41 pm »

Brass Golem is in the game: The prototypes you can buy/get with migrants. Should give an idea what golems can do and make people more curious about them.

The problem with the water is this: I can make a bucket filled with water a buildmat, no problem. But the dwarves will check the buckets, dont see one with water, and say: No bucket with water aviable. They will not take a bucket and fill it with water... DF is stupid like this sometimes. For the live fish I thought about a tradegood. Order an "aquarium full of live fish" from the caravan. this way you cant build the fishpond early and it makes a lot more sense.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 05:36:42 pm »

Trade good? Seems good! But still, if I recall correctly, chances of getting a fish in the fishpond are low (3 percent of chances ? ), and sometimes, people need food, quickly. Also, let's admit that I've reached the monarch noble. I won't be able to ask the caravan an aquarium full of live fish. What if my fishpond... I don't know, is destroyed by a dragon or something like that. Meh, there are these kind of issues too, except if you make all races able to bring aquariums...
BEWARE THE DROWS, FOR THEY BRING CURSED, DEMON FISH FILLED AQUARIUMS!
Can't the bucket problem be solved by filling... I don't know, a large pot or a barrel with water?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 05:39:45 pm »

Well, I could use a tankercart full of water (see alchemy and tear of armok) but it would be strange to restrict it so this kind of water... a river/pond should be ok, but I cant use them. NEEDS_WATER, like the NEEDS_MAGMA would be nice, but the tag doesnt exists. AQUIFER_MAGMA is another one I would love to see, but that is maybe possible with dfhack. ;)

Oh, and free food: Pray for food, Shrine of Armok ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 03:35:12 pm »

Brass Golem is in the game: The prototypes you can buy/get with migrants. Should give an idea what golems can do and make people more curious about them.

The problem with the water is this: I can make a bucket filled with water a buildmat, no problem. But the dwarves will check the buckets, dont see one with water, and say: No bucket with water aviable. They will not take a bucket and fill it with water... DF is stupid like this sometimes. For the live fish I thought about a tradegood. Order an "aquarium full of live fish" from the caravan. this way you cant build the fishpond early and it makes a lot more sense.

I don't see Brass golems listed anywhere in the reaction RAWs for either 1.9.5 or MDF2.  GOLD is definitely a craftable Golem material, and a more oppressive symbol of the Bourgeoisie I've never seen...

You sure are willing to bend over backwards to make sure this cheaty free food workshop keeps running, but you didn't want to add a single item_tool_gunparts to make Gunsmithing more realistic...  Priorities man...  :)

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 03:38:49 pm »

The prototype golems are brass.... A "weak" material, but it works when you bury your enemies under a pile of golems :D

I don't see Brass golems listed anywhere in the reaction RAWs for either 1.9.5 or MDF2.  GOLD is definitely a craftable Golem material, and a more oppressive symbol of the Bourgeoisie I've never seen...

You sure are willing to bend over backwards to make sure this cheaty free food workshop keeps running, but you didn't want to add a single item_tool_gunparts to make Gunsmithing more realistic...  Priorities man...  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 05:25:25 pm »

Brass Golems have no reaction, like I said: They are the buyable prototype-golems from the mountainhomes. Caravans and migrants bring them.

Priorities: Realism = Low. Gamebalance = High. :)

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »

@ishar: It makes 12 bricks from 3 boulders now... I thought the fuel wouldnt be so bad... the old version was imbalanced, because it was free stuff. Maybe a 50% chance to use the fuel again, or make it a few more bricks ? It is not much, 10 coke = 120 constructions/bricks. If you want to make bricks without fuel = Magma Kiln :)

What if we made it take 3 boulders and produce 9 blocks?  That wouldn't be too cheaty, right?  It's not cheaty to make blocks with a 1 > 4 reaction.  The whole thing that is appealing with the Brick Furnace is that you produce ONE type of color block so that your fortress looks nice and neat.  Losing a block per boulder seems fair, right?

@firehawk: Yes, I changes it from 1000 to only 750, so 25% less skill increase. Instant legendary was a bit... much. Legion dwarves should still get the legendary boost however. Everything went well ?  I noticed the typo with "make an axe" instead of "imbue soul (axe)" already and fixed it.

I like this change.  Know what I would like to see though?  The ability to train TEACHER so that you could have a great Dwarf Train your other Dwarfs.  1 Legendary Teacher > 1 Legendary Warrior

@mechanixm:

I cant touch the woodfurnace, neither remove the building nor add reactions to it... otherwise it would be long gone.

Well, that's the point.  If we move these two reactions to the Crematorium, then we'll never had need to build the Wood Furnace ever again.  It's a non-moodable Furnace so there's no reason not to just add those two reactions to the Crematorium.

File sending: email or dropbox. You can send me the raws you already have, or refine them. I did work on the mod a bit, but I wont upload anything yet, because the changes are not that massive gameplaywise.

I will GLADLY alphabetize everything you want alphabetized!  Just send me the raw, or tell me which one you want done, and I'll do it.  Trust me...that one change will be people's favorite change to the game.
You are insane. If you want to sort stuff, go ahead. Whatever you like, I guess the reactions make the most sense. I am unsure about the inorganics, because I dont know how many I kick out for good. Optional settings are all nice and well, but it makes modding so much harder, I am avoiding it for now. But if you want to sort the inorganics, that will be no problem, the Python GUI has no problem with that (unlike the VB gui) Do you want to pack everything in one file then? Merge metal and metal_masterwork to one RAW, so you can sort all metals alphabetical ?

I will send you a PM and get this started.  My only thing is, I don't want to send you a file I've been working on if you've already made changes to it that I'm unaware of.  The best thing would be for you to send me the "master" files, then I'll alphabetize them and send them back to you.  That way we don't do double work...we'll figure it out.  We have plenty of time.

No I'm not insane.  I just love this game and want it to be the best it can be for all of us.

I suggest we merge all RAW files that we can.  The more RAWs we merge, the neater all of the lists will be.  This may be a bit weird for all of the animals because there's so many of them, but maybe we can just keep a separate txt file that just lists all the different types and names of each animal to make it easy to find them all in case a whole subgroup needs to be modified.  So, if you need to modify all of the insects for some reason, you would just consult the list, see that there are 7 insects or whatever, and make sure you modify them all in the animals raw.  I dunno, it's just an idea.  I'll give you an example of what I'm talking about when I do the Organics and I'll let you make the call.

Batch reactions for metal: Unsure about that one. I kicked them out, because 1=4 is nice already. If I wanted to include them again things get ridiculus, like 36 bars of coke, or 5 ore = 20 bars in one go... but if you have any ideas for the finishing forge, let me know. :)

I'll make a note of this and let you know if anything comes to mind.  So far, nothing...

Random: Fishpond should need water and live fish to build, but how ? I mostly have it because any fisher dwarf is useless on a map without water/fish... I just wanted to give them something to do.

Since when has having useless dwarves ever been a problem?  In fact, I EXPECT to have uselsss Dwarves.  SOMEONE has to go out and patrol for goblin ambushes...

Golems: Remember that they should fight. Of course people could in theory make gold/lead/tin/silver golems, but any goblin with an ironsword would chop them to pieces... Bronze, I understand. Non-weapon grade metals ? Not really...

If you want these things to be weapon grade, then you might want to think about removing the Gold versions then.  Granted, I love the thought of making a bunch of Gold Golems and having them stand sentry in the Noble Burrow.  That's some cool flavor right there.

Whenever you feel like it (after alphabetizing the things you think make the biggest difference for example) sent me the raws you worked on. I will port most of it to the mod then. It will probably take more time to discuss every small chance beforehand, but I will let you know if (and why) I didnt add anything. And I will test the gloves :)

EDIT: I also remember seeing a mod (old genesis?) that added fake inorganic files called "===== FLUX =====" or "===== ECONOMIC =====" to sort the stone stock screen better... what do you think, better alphabetical, or sorted after categories ?

I'm going to get two things ready for you: 
1-Alphabetize the Organics (including metals) and accompanying txt file that details what is in there, so you can see what I'm talking about.
2-The Gemforge and Gemcutter workshops, with additional masonry/tool reactions and encrusting reactions (fully alphabetized of course) and accompanying entity_default entries.

I'll send you a PM to get your email address.

-Mech

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 02:39:01 am »

@ishar: It makes 12 bricks from 3 boulders now... I thought the fuel wouldnt be so bad... the old version was imbalanced, because it was free stuff. Maybe a 50% chance to use the fuel again, or make it a few more bricks ? It is not much, 10 coke = 120 constructions/bricks. If you want to make bricks without fuel = Magma Kiln :)

What if we made it take 3 boulders and produce 9 blocks?  That wouldn't be too cheaty, right?  It's not cheaty to make blocks with a 1 > 4 reaction.  The whole thing that is appealing with the Brick Furnace is that you produce ONE type of color block so that your fortress looks nice and neat.  Losing a block per boulder seems fair, right?

I'm good even with 1 boulder -> 1 brick, as long as I can set the color, and don't need anything else for it, just a simple boulder.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 10:16:12 am »

@ Mechanixm & Ishar: He (ishar) means that the reaction did not need fuel previously. That change is new, but with 1 fuel = 12 bricks or Magma = Unlimited, I think I'll keep it for now.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 08:31:19 pm »

my computer cable melted so I have not pythoned recently,   but as for the non weapongrade metals in the golems they should be upgrades,  or a steelgolem imbued with gold.  the fold would be ornamental but also used for electronics. the nonweapongrade metals could be thougjtof as 'magical' versions of semi-conductors.  these would be faster more agile versions of the slow lumbering base golems. 

remember we can use python to automate repetative things inthe raws ,  and if you want to combine textfiles you could add tags to tell pythonwhat files to edit and we can parse those.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2012, 09:03:28 pm »

my computer cable melted so I have not pythoned recently.
I wondered why I had not heard anything from you in the last few days.
Which cable melted?
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 09:05:17 pm »

As someone who has taken far too many English courses, I could proofread the manual when it's done, make the words flow a bit better.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 03:33:14 am »

power cable. 

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »

I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9