Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak  (Read 19635 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ DF - Teamspeak
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 01:41:12 pm »

Yeah like I said, I could still help out with the PDF/tilesets or other art related stuff, just when I'm not busy and if you could give me like an actual list of things you need per say, or specific requests, I could help out with that.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:45 pm »

@Arclance,
Great, yes that sounds perfect.  I'll start tagging my files with something...  YESORCFORT and REMOVEIFORCFORT?  We can always change them later by mass find & replace.

@Meph
Toggling Tiaga Orc creature & entity files, and discarding the Merchant's Guild, are both fine.  But there are a couple more things to get input from you and the team beyond those.   There are a number of other changes that are not really Orc specific, but they are still very important to orcs' fortresses.

the ones that come to mind without my notes were;
* progress_triggers for Dwarf and Elf entities' aggression
* changing REACTION:ELF so not all their weapons were mithril
* trade goods and entity ethics tweaks to make evil humanoid races more diverse

* perhaps in the new version: controlling the war & peace states of the new enemy races wrt Orc (maybe greenskins would be friends but Anubites not, etc.)

And some smaller things too, like the distinct graphic sprites for good vs. evil humanoids.  But these are all in the changelog and comments, we don't need to go through it all right now.  Also, if we have the toggle system, then I can be responsive to fix small issues that are reported in the Orc Fortress thread, and you can decide later at your convenience whether my fix was correct and you want to merge it in to the main mod.

@ Rumrusher, no, in all versions so far of Orc Fortress including v0.2.0 both Dwarves and Tiaga Orcs should be CIV_CONTROLLABLE, and you can select between them by choosing entities in the embark screen.  What problem are you having exactly?  Are you already familiar with the general idea of toggling between entities on embark?  Rarely one or the other race dies out, although I haven't seen this except in Pocket sized worlds.  (maybe take this discussion to the Orc Fort thread)... This mechanic may change in the future because I think that Meph prefers it the other way, that only one civ be controllable per world gen.  ed:  Also then we can use nice tailored flavor text.  But I would never remove Dwarves from play entirely, they are the main enemy when you play as Orcs :) .
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:49:30 pm by smakemupagus »

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2012, 02:12:30 pm »

Me and Shingy already exchanged some PMs about the human plugin, I'd like to help with that when there's anything to be done. I have very little experience with raw altering (minor stuff like trainable animals, altering size, attacks, that sort of thing), but I am a web developer, so you can throw html/css/php/sql stuff at me.

Also, I have quite substantial IRL knowledge and practical experience in old-school industry. Like what plants could be used as dyes,  how iron smelting works, what's the difference between an arrow and a thrown spear (accuracy, effective range, nature of impact), the difference between forging a spearhead and forging a shortsword, etc. I've done most of these things (I have to admit though, the iron I smelted from ore was a piece of shit, but it was iron) , so if any of you want to add any 'realism' into those aspects of the game, ask away.
I already gave Shingy a list of plants that could be grown as dyes for humans, I'm mostly talking about things like that.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Socrates27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 03:18:16 pm »

Zenerbufen - Linux & Mac compatible versions & Python
Zenerbufen leads the official succession forts and did updates for mac and linux. He is also working on a pythong GUI, together with other people.

Sounds like a language I'd like to be familiar with haha.  In all seriousness, thank you Meph for doing this, it'll definitely help get everything organized.  With that said, I'm available to create manuals, mod raws, debug python/c/c++/any language, and basically anything that needs to get done that isn't covered already.  I'm looking to be the guy that gets your mod vision done, otherwise I'd be programming my own mods. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 04:44:41 pm »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=6946 This is the current state of the manual. The design is ok, if anyone wants to add something fancy, feel free to try different things out. I mostly have to add the correct values and more reactions to the building sections, now that those are finished in the new mod. I havent done most things that are listed under "general changes" or "industries" so there is not much info there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 04:54:53 pm »

Downloading!
If you need help for it (basic text, not advanced stuff), I'm there.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 05:09:37 pm »

I could need help with it, but mostly the very, very boring and repetitive work of adding the reactions to the building sections. Open the raws, check reagent and product, write it into the table. I finished a few buildings, but omg, I have over 1000 reactions. -.-

Apart from that it is mostly done, some refining needs to be done with items, inorganics and creatures, but I dont think it would be realistic that anyone but me would do it, since I wrote all that. I am the only person who knows what is supposed to be what, without looking up every little thing in the raws.

So yeah, if you want to finish a few more buildings/reactions for the manual, go ahead. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Shingy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 05:19:43 pm »

Roger that!
The manual is very good. I think the regional interactions are going to be great!
Found something too. In the areas part, the savage area picture is... sky.
Oh, by the way, as I wrote in the other thread, did you upload the newer version with the magic buildings? You asked for feedback, but with the versions I tried, they aren't any reactions.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:21:47 pm by Shingy »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2012, 08:22:48 pm »

I'd be willing to work on some wacky/normal region interactions, like clouds in good biomes that make people sleep, clouds of unknown substance in evil biomes that rot anything it comes in contact with, sand storms in deserts, swamp stench clouds that cause nausea, etc. Perhaps even some decorative ones could be added, like clouds of glitter in good biomes, cloud of souls in evil biomes(arguably, it could also have a negative effect tacked on, just for being evil), low-lying clouds in mountainous areas, fog in general.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2012, 08:28:55 pm »

I am, of course, avalible to test game balance.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

zenerbufen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:17:43 am »

If anyone would like to join in on the gui development let me know, we are currently doing most of that work by PM

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 05:49:39 am »

@shingy: I know. The sky picture is a placeholder, because I played on savage regions, and it looked exactly the same as a normal region. Magic is completely unfinished, I think I just asked about feedback on the ideas.

@gaxkangtheunbound: like the nickname. The ideas sound good as well, with only one change: Good biomes should actually help. fog that kills invaders, regional interactions that heal or resurrect dead dwarves... good regions should be the easy-mode of the mod. :)

@wrex: thanks.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

Hi all, I posted some musings on directions for ongoing development in Orc Fortress:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113621.msg3619983#msg3619983

Feel free to weigh in that thread if you like.

Mechanixm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 11:06:37 pm »

Hello all...I am definitely still around.  I've just been sidetracked by work and a three month old 300 pop fortress has sadly put me a couple versions behind the latest release.

So...I'm just going to give an outline of the things I've seen in the RAWs that I think need to be fixed/changed, or added, or otherwise.

The things with the asterisks are things I have actually changed in the RAWs and am currently play testing.  There might be duplicates of some listings as I was testing a lot of this and making notes over a couple months.  Also, some of this may have already been changed or removed from the game.  I'm not sure because I haven't completely combed through the latest RAWs yet.

Here we go (I apologize beforehand for how messy this is):

RANDOM STUFF
*CREMATORIUM SHOULD BE WOOD BURNING skill NOT SMELTING.
*JAVELINE Workshop AMMO reactions need to be FORGEWEAPON NOT SMELT
*add 25% chance of silver back to tetrahedrite ore
*removed cloth requirements from all bed reactions.
*Changed all amounts of craftable ammo to stacks of 50 (not 2 stacks of 25).  I think this is a fine balance between the amount of ammunition your dorks can carry to deal with the fact that sometimes your dorks refuse to go restock on ammo.
*Lots of metal furniture reactions needs to be changed to FORGE_FURNITURE

BUILDING MODIFICATIONS
*Remove non-economic blocks from Building Crematorium (I want to be able to choose whatever I want to build this since it requires magma-safe)
*Change build labor of Crematorium to MASON from SMELTER
*Add non walkable spaces to all of the furnaces at their corners so accidents dont happen by falling in to magma.  (This kept happening to me repeatedly in my last fortress.  I chose the 4 corners of each magma based furnace as non-walkable to that everything would be uniform.)
*Furniture Workshop requires 4 blocks to build instead of 2 blocks and 2 boulders.  (I'm trying to not use boulders to build anything.  Building from raw materials is for chumps.  You don't make weapons from raw ore.  You refine that shit into something better.  Same concept.)
*Grinder Requires 4 blocks to build instead of 4 random things
*Rockforge Requires 8 blocks and an anvil
*re-enabled WeaponCase and ArmorCase Building/Workshops (I don't know why these were disabled in 1.9.2)

GEMWORKSHOP
*Cutting things from gems should use the CutGem skill, not EncrustGem.
*Add Gem Crutch
*Changed TubeSection to require 2 small gems
*Add Gem Trap Components and corkscrew
*Changed Gem Bolts and Arrows to produce Lots of 50.
*Verify all mason objects are craftable from gems
*Verify all craftsman items are craftable from gems
*add tools like pots and nest boxes to be craftable from gems (mortars, pestles, etc)

MAGMA SAFE WORKSHOP
*Up the ammo produced for rocktip bolts, arrows, and javelines.
*Change all of the stone weapon and armor making to require Mechanics Skill to craft.
*Change all custom reactions to take blocks. - all weapons and armors take blocks. (no more using raw materials)

CRATES-
*-Armor Crates are missing Gauntlets and Mail Shirts
*-Upped number of ammo per crate to 10 sets of items. 
*added mithril and welded mithril armor sets to armor crates
*-added mithril and welded mithril armor sets to creatue_masterwork
*add mithril and welded mithril bars to crates
*-add mithril and welded mithril bars to creature_masterwork
*add iron and copper bolts crates
*-add iron and copper bolts to creature_masterwork
 *add adamantine bars to crates (gasp!)
 *-add adamantine bars crates to creature_masterwork
*crates of clothing have been adjusted up in amount of clothing per crate (10 full sets of clothes, wool and silk only for some reason...no plant cloth crate...)
Add plant cloth crate?

FURNITURE WORKSHOP:
*Metal Bedroom sets should be FORGE_FURNITURE not metalcraft.
*ADDED INDIVIDUAL PIECES OF FURNITURE TO BE MADE FROM SINGLE BLOCKS.  All stone reactions at the Furniture Workshop now require blocks
*moved bed from Grinder since this is a furniture object.
*REMOVED CLOTH REQUIREMENT FROM BEDS.  (Wood beds don't require cloth.  Metal Beds don't require cloth...  All bed reactions are having cloth removed.)
*CHANGED FANCY BEDROOM SETS TO TWO CABINETS INSTEAD OF TWO BOXES.  (boxes are not as usable or worthwhile as cabinets)
*Change Furniture Workshop building to be able to be built from any material, not just boulders. (changed to require blocks to build)
*Move Bin and Barrel back to Grinder. - Leave Masonry Labors intact.
*Move block cage to grinder - set to Mechanics
*added door to dining sets

GRINDER:
*All grinder reactions require blocks
*Bucket - 1 block -> 2buckets.
*flasks - 1 blick -> 3 flasks
*CHANGING SOME REACTION TO REQUIRE MECHANICS, NOT STONECRAFT
*added stone chain reaction back in - Mechanics
*Add Cage to Grinder from Furniture Workshop - require mechanics
*Animal Trap -> Mechanics
*add magma safe grate
*add block wheelbarrow and block minecart
*change make block cage to craft rock cage
*add block mechanisms?
*Add Block Tools from Craftsdwarf workshop to be craftable from Blocks at Grinder:
   *block large pots [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_LARGE_POT]
   *block nest box [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_NEST_BOX]
   *block jug [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_JUG]
   *block pestle [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_PESTLE]
   *block mortar [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MORTAR]
   *block hive [ITEM_TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_HIVE]
*moved trap weapon items to rock forge

KILN
*Change Kiln Reactions to POTTERY skill
*pearlash reaction up to 2 products per ash
*Add my plaster reaction to kiln (this allows you to make plaster from a hodgepodge of other ingredients.  there is more than one way to make a cast...)

CREMATORIUM
*Vermin Corpses -> 10% chance for ash
*Body Parts -> 20% chance for ash

GREAT MAGMA FORGE:
*Volcanic Gauntlets Missing - (this was still broken in 1.9.2.  has this issue been resolved?  Do invaders use hand armor now?)
*Volcanic Mail Shirts Missing

TIMBERYARD
*Change Cut all types of Farmed Wood To [Automatic]  (this change is essential)

MAGMA ARMORY
*INCLUDE MAKE FULL SETS OF WELDED MITHRIL armor

ROCKFORGE:
*All reactions require blocks and Mechanics skill
*GREAVES
*HELM
*GAUNLET
*HIGH BOOTS
*kite shield
*tower shield
*buckler?
*Added large spiked ball and other trap weapons

GEMFORGE:
*ADD missing armor Items:  mail shirt
*ADD Specific Encrust reactions to all furniture items and tools

To Still Do:
CLOTHING SETS REALLY NEED TO BE MOVED OUT OF THE CRAFTSMAN
Cutting Gems in to furniture should require a large gem, or several smaller gems? - not going to worry about this for now.

So, that is where I am as of a couple days ago and finding out I'm .3 versions behind current...ugh...

If anyone wants to use any of this stuff just let me know and I'll get it over to you.

Thanks,

Mechanixm

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »

Very nice post mechanixm, although I disagree with you on a couple points, I'll just comment on one because you called it "essential" :)

Code: [Select]
TIMBERYARD
*Change Cut all types of Farmed Wood To [Automatic]  (this change is essential)

Don't you like to control which wood they process first?  it's not that hard to manage just using repeat reaction?

Re: Gauntlets, unless something has changed, you can't make them in custom reactions because they don't have handedness.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9