Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Feudalism Redux  (Read 14884 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Redux
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »

I shall be Zanzar of House Ironstone. He holds a small fief nestled high in the mountains, and deep underground in a great cavern from ages past, it is home to a fortress, Ironwood Pass nestled at the entrance to the caverns, and a fledgling city, Ironstone a sprawling city built in the caverns below. I vote for a bigger map as well.

The cavern city can be taken out if people dislike the idea

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »

D:

geez i didn't realize that

plz allow magic i swear i wont turn the great library to a EVIL WIZARD TOWER :P

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:41 pm »

Also I notice people have been talking about magic. That seems pretty important to get clear right away. Is there magic in this world or not? Because I think there was not really magic in the last one. But I don't have a objection to there being magic here.
There was magic in the last one. The Bandegian Glade (not sure if I spelled that right) had abyssal rifts on it's surface and sold my fiefdom potions. And for this one, I'll say magic is fine as long as you don't go overboard with it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:12 pm »

I shall be a magicperson of sorts then. I'll figure out where tomorrow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 11:07:20 pm »

Who has the map now?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:26 pm »

Who has the map now?
Deathsword recently finished with it, so it's up for grabs. Also, if you people want a bigger map, then just make the map bigger when you edit it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 11:14:17 pm »

Right well. I dunno what I am going to add quite yet. But I did fool around a bit with the lake thing. Tell me what you think GreatWyrmGold

Spoiler: Not the current map (click to show/hide)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 11:15:55 pm »

For people who don't know how to add text: Paint.net is fairly easy to use. Or just normal MSPaint if you want, both save pngs perfectly fine.
Everyone else feel free to ignore this.

Also, is this the land of Tathram, or is the country named something different?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 11:20:04 pm »

No, Tathram is just my character's family's name. The Kingdom doesn't have an official name yet.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:32 pm »

I'll snag the map after Crypt, unless I missed somebody in line.

Tribe: Stonecrow
Leader: Kamin Stonecrow
Territory: The cold, hard lands of the North; in a forest North of the Range (Mountains)
Exports: Furs, timber
Imports: Metal arms and armor, food

Kamin has consolidated many of the Northern Clans under the single banner of the Stonecrow Tribe. Doing so was no easy task, but the spilling of Clan blood has been minimized through agreements and the time-honored Champion Battles--making for a growing Northern force. Most Clan heads who disagree with the consolidation send a champion to fight for their cause, as a war with the numerically-superior, organized Stonecrows would mean almost certain annihilation. As of yet, Kamin has been undefeated in these Champion Battles, having harvested the skulls of over 17 champions... But the North produces strong, hard men, and Kamin isn't getting any younger. Thankfully, he is just as cunning as he is powerful, and Kamin knows how to make the most of a situation.

The Stonecrows are not openly hostile to the Kingdom in the South, and there is even some trade of furs and lumber for food and arms from the South. However, the Northern Clans do not recognize Kadzar V's rule and have been historically independent. Known as ferocious troops, many of the North Clans have been hired as mercenaries over the years, earning them the fear of many across the Greater Kingdom. They subside off of the bounty of the forests and are predominantly hunter/gatherers, but they also raise swine and hardy mountain goats for meat, milk, and cheese. Since the soil is too acidic to grow most crops, the small amount of agriculture in the region tends to be limited to clearings and terraces that host tubers such as potatoes. When winters are particularly nasty, the Clans foray South of the Range in raids, but never go too far in order to avoid Southern troops.

[Anybody who wants to head a rival/allied Clan, Tribe, or pertinent Organization welcome, as are individual characters. I will revise and conform my current history as necessary for a more fun, balanced, and in-depth game ;D]

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2012, 11:58:48 pm »

I don't have the map.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:35 am »

I don't have the map.
And there's no one in line (if lines are how you people want to do this thing), so go right ahead, Kamin.
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 12:40:00 am »

Oh you must be my northern enemy then :P

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 12:44:30 am »

I don't have the map.
I don't have the map.
And there's no one in line (if lines are how you people want to do this thing), so go right ahead, Kamin.
Can I use the big map Cript updated? Or should I go with the original one? I guess that's probably why I was confused. I do like the bigger map, personally--it'll be pretty crowded-looking otherwise. Up to you, Kadzar!

Edit: Stupid. You already said as much. I'll use Cript's bigger one. Wyrm can edit his sweet-looking volcano island later if he doesn't like it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 12:58:15 am by Kamin »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 12:46:43 am »

theoretically im next in line.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10