Once 4+ people have posted
- 3 (13.6%)
Once 2+ people have posted
- 1 (4.5%)
At least once a day; I don't care otherwise
- 9 (40.9%)
I HAVE NO STRONG OPINION ON THE MATTER
- 3 (13.6%)
I think it should work in a different way and will convey this in my next post.
- 1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Guardians of the Artifacts. The first adventurer appears.  (Read 26484 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Guardians of the Artifacts - a Dungeon Keeper Game. BUILDERS FOR EVERYONE!
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2012, 12:28:30 am »

Try to tame the jackalope (stay close enough to the wall that I can run 1 square behind it in a single turn).
When that inevitably doesn't work, give it a good whack (with my epic 3 strength) then run back into the cave 1 square behind the wall I constructed.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2012, 12:48:11 am »

Fair enough.

Keep on wacking it. Until to death or obedience.
You miss the zombie by a large margin, and it comes in to swing at you again. You brace yourself for impact, when the zombie explodes into a pile of ash and a note saying "Stop summoning my damn zombies, I actually use these things!" Huh. You gain 1 DEFENDING EXPERIENCE.

"Accursed s &#@!"

An open wound, bleeding on the middle of her finger. Issera applied pressure to it to stifle any more bleeding.

"Get back here!"

Let the hunt begin!
You skewer the ground squirrel in one shot, and gain 2 DEFENDING EXPERIENCE. Really, that's all that happens.

Try to tame the jackalope (stay close enough to the wall that I can run 1 square behind it in a single turn).
When that inevitably doesn't work, give it a good whack (with my epic 3 strength) then run back into the cave 1 square behind the wall I constructed.
You call out to the jackalope, which hops towards you. You then try to grab it to tame it, and it happily hops up on your arm. You really did not expect that to work.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2012, 12:52:32 am »

Continue the hunt, skin that squirrel.

((And, really requesting this be updated when everyone acts, unless it's important))

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:51 am »

Well. I would. But my spell appears to be shit.

Practice with my spell, try to get some reasonable bodies that are not pre owned.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2012, 01:06:14 am »

Huh. That was unexpected. I also didn't look up jackalope beforehand, so I thought it was some cross between a jackal and a antalope, which would have probably killed the shit out of me.

Play with jackalope.
Look around outside and try to find something to hunt within sight of the cave entrance.

((I am personally fine with this being updated as many times as possible per day, but I think that you should update it at least once per day, even if only a single person has posted a action to stop it from slowing down too much)).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:01 am »

Definitely investigate!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2012, 11:35:33 am »

Sorry for taking so long to reply, school and other things got the better of me.

Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)

That should cost.. 32 gold.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:53 pm »

Continue the hunt, skin that squirrel.

((And, really requesting this be updated when everyone acts, unless it's important))
You skin the squirrel and then survey the landscape for any more varmints you might need to poke holes in. You see nothing besides the nearby village and a large number of plants.

Well. I would. But my spell appears to be shit.

Practice with my spell, try to get some reasonable bodies that are not pre owned.
The description does say results may vary :P

You manage to summon several rat corpses and a dead horse before night falls.

Huh. That was unexpected. I also didn't look up jackalope beforehand, so I thought it was some cross between a jackal and a antalope, which would have probably killed the shit out of me.

Play with jackalope.
Look around outside and try to find something to hunt within sight of the cave entrance.

((I am personally fine with this being updated as many times as possible per day, but I think that you should update it at least once per day, even if only a single person has posted a action to stop it from slowing down too much)).
You pet the jackalope and have it fetch a couple sticks. Good times are had by all.

There does not appear to be anything outside the cave within murdering range, but that might be due to the tall grass that is seemingly everywhAAAA THAT'S A WOLF

You are now fighting a WOLF.

Definitely investigate!
You tell the builders to step aside while you investigate the shit out of this. Upon looking around with your torch, it would seem that this is the grave of a very old mage. You find a couple of minor trinkets of little value, a small dagger, and what appears to be a spell tome.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, school and other things got the better of me.

Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)

That should cost.. 32 gold.
Updated character status.

Player Statuses:

Spoiler: Mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

As for update times, I'm going to put up a poll in a minute or two.
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2012, 06:28:11 pm »

Wait till it starts to charge (but make sure there is enough time to cast my spell, then cast Chains of Arnak on it and sidestep to avoid it hitting me, proceed to thwack it, then put a bit of distance between us.

How far away am I from the cave?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2012, 06:43:04 pm »

Herbalism, try getting those which don't have any adverse effects then return to cave.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2012, 07:07:43 pm »

Oh well.

I will raise a two rats and send one out to scout and the other one to be a look out for my cave.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2012, 08:02:21 pm »

Hm... have the builders dig it out on the right side instead then.

Study spell tome.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2012, 09:03:54 pm »

Spoiler: SIGN UP SHEET (click to show/hide)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2012, 09:18:49 pm »

I'll write up a backstory.

Spoiler: Life of Jak (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 06:32:29 pm »

Wait till it starts to charge (but make sure there is enough time to cast my spell, then cast Chains of Arnak on it and sidestep to avoid it hitting me, proceed to thwack it, then put a bit of distance between us.

How far away am I from the cave?

You cast CHAINS OF ARNAK on the wolf as it charges at you. You then witness the bizarre sight of a wolf careening towards you due to inertia, wailing all the way. The two of you collide into a mess of fur and flesh, with the wolf whimpering since it can't devour you whole. Your jackrabbit bites it on the noggin, making the whimpering only increase in volume.

You are at the mouth of the cave, about... eh, 10 meters from the wall you had built.

Herbalism, try getting those which don't have any adverse effects then return to cave.
You gather an armful of plants. You are approximately 76% sure none of them are poisonous. You then return to your cave as night starts to fall.

Oh well.

I will raise a two rats and send one out to scout and the other one to be a look out for my cave.
You raise the two rats, sending one out to scout and keeping the other as... backup.

The scout rat reports that you are in a cave in a sequestered canyon. There is little besides desert as far as it can tell, although it doesn't help that night has fallen and things are difficult to see.

Hm... have the builders dig it out on the right side instead then.

Study spell tome.

You ask the builders to dig stairs on the other side of the cave. They ask for more compensation.

You study the spell tome, and find that most of the spells are either worn away by time or not of your proficiency. You do, however, see a Summon Elemental spell which catches your eye.

Spoiler: SIGN UP SHEET (click to show/hide)
Cool beans, I'll put this on the waitlist in a minute or two.

I'll write up a backstory.

Spoiler: Life of Jak (click to show/hide)
And I'll put this in your waitlist description as well.

Player Statuses:

Spoiler: Mcclay (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Criptfeind (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: lemon10 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Terenos (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 06:38:52 pm by TherosPherae »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12