Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56

Author Topic: The League--A Superhero Roleplay  (Read 38029 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: The League--A Superhero Roleplay
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2012, 11:46:54 am »

Richard sighed and finished the dregs of his long-chilled coffee.

"Well, should I pay the bill? We've been sitting here for three hours."

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2012, 01:09:58 pm »

"I would suggest you do Mr. Make-a-scene. Be sure to apologize to our hosts would you? I will wait outside." Cloaking once more he made his way outside barely containing a chuckle. WHile a bit cliched for him it always made him happy to walk away while cloaked. Finding a decent bench he waited for the others to exit the cafe.

[Why 3 hours? Why did you pick such a large time-frame? I'm also pretty sure we didn't answer all questions yet.]

[@Dwarmin oh unbelievably so for my tastes. Maybe make her less astounding. I suggest removing audio-manipulation simply to stop The Shadow from being redundant [He's already the weakest guy here TT_TT which makes me laugh so hard. His only useful power is being rich.] but if you must keep that get rid of some of the training she has. Or maybe remove the impossibility of detecting her. I don't know ask the others. I am of the persuasion that super-heroes shouldn't be too over-powered. It's just personal taste though.]
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2012, 01:27:12 pm »

(Who's to say that she can't be nullified?)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2012, 01:38:59 pm »

Richard sighed as he forked over several dollar bills.
"I made myself look like an idiot on the first day. Better find a way to make it up to them."

As an afterthought, he switched Succubus to Titania.

"Better safe than sorry."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:11 pm »

((@Nerjin: I figured I'd run into problems with you! Our chars are fairly similar.

Also, remove all that and she's sort of just a physically advanced Meta-Human. And 'quite difficult' is not impossible. Most Superbeings with advanced senses and intellects would be a very fair match for her powers of trickery and uh, misdirection.

Compared to your guy-who is really only limited by whatever Technology you develop with your unlimited bank account. Money is a superpower, too. :P

Indeed though, I could remove her technical training, let you handle the hacking and cracking and virus planting. Would that step off your characters toes a bit?))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »

((Maybe if you focused on more of the mental side? We don't have any characters that use their minds as literal weapons. Personas are close, but not that literal.))

Lonnie stood up, "We should continue this conversation somewhere else. There is still a lot to discuss, but I doubt the cafe would appreciate us staying without buying a lot more coffee. I'll be outside." He casually walked out of the cafe, looking around for the Shadow, who disappeared on them.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2012, 02:21:25 pm »

(Indeed. Personas are more from the soul than mind. We could use a psionic. We do need more attackers though. Sigurd's limited to Loki and Richard's meant to be a jack-of-all-trades.)

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »

(Indeed. Personas are more from the soul than mind. We could use a psionic. We do need more attackers though. Sigurd's limited to Loki and Richard's meant to be a jack-of-all-trades.)

((My character's supposed to be like Nightwing, but more inhumanly agile and less good with gadgets. If he had to do a head-on attack he could hold his own.

Actually, our team is pretty rounded. We have two attackers, a stealth guy with money and maybe gadgets, an all-rounder, and a psionic.))

EDIT: ((We should have an OOC chat. This is getting ridiculous.))

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2012, 04:58:37 pm »

Sigurd followed Lonnie and the others out.

"This sounds reasonable. I recommend the cavern of a troll. Their appearances will usually terrify most mortals, and they are easy enough to slay so we will not be in danger if it attacks us."

He spoke in a dead serious tone, neither his face nor body giving any indication he was anything but serious.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:00:47 pm by Spinal_Taper »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

"And where would we find a troll? I don't think even Maximillian can find one."

Richard smirked, fingering the little hand mover on his watch absent-mindedly.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2012, 05:14:28 pm »

"In the wastelands, of course. Where man has not touched. Where the wild still lives free. This city cannot be too large, can it? All we will need is one of those mechanical steeds, and we will get out there fast enough."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2012, 05:17:03 pm »

"Those are cars, Sigurd. Also, how do I break this to you? The trolls are all dead."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »

Sigurd watches Richard, shocked at his words.
"What? How? What of the Fire Giants? Ice Giants? Have all the great beasts been driven back down the Great Tree?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »

"They now all only exist in books, novels, films, songs, my mind/soul, and you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »

As suggested a few posts back, I'm starting an OOC thread.

Erm, let me know if you ever leave the coffee shop...they're hinting you should get more coffee or head out.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 56