Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 111281 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #660 on: March 06, 2016, 12:37:26 am »

In other news, the residents of my medieval world seems to have gone completely and utterly bonkers. They keep capturing procedurally-generated creatures and having glorified dogfights with them instead of killing each other in a respectable manner.
Literal dogfights? Are they monster-baiting?

Nah, they're making the monsters fight each other instead of going to war. There's some more conventional dogfighting going on, too, but that looks like it might be skill grinding for the apprentices.

But that's suitably dwarfy....I mean, slightly more dwarfy than usual, but definitely dwarfy.

I guess it is pretty dwarfy, when you think about it. The thing is, though, that they're doing this instead of going to war.

I mean, come on! They've tamed the deadliest, most savage beasts in all the world, and yet they haven't used them to raze so much as a single village? What's up with that?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 06, 2016, 12:48:03 am »

In other news, the residents of my medieval world seems to have gone completely and utterly bonkers. They keep capturing procedurally-generated creatures and having glorified dogfights with them instead of killing each other in a respectable manner.
Drop some pocket dimension tech in there and see what happens. ;)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 06, 2016, 06:21:58 am »

@Whisperling:Look in the civ relationships screen.  There might not be anyone for them to go to war WITH.

Manufacture some wooden casus belli, maybe?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 07, 2016, 02:32:14 am »

48x48x48x48 tileset released, work in progress...

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #664 on: March 07, 2016, 08:53:45 pm »

Wow, a 4D tileset, is that for that new species of aliens in the real world? cuz i dont think it would be too useful for us

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #665 on: March 07, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »

No, it's that newfangled 3.5D glasses technology. Rotates about everything constantly and virtually. It's either that or you need TWO keys to move through the z- and w-axes.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 07, 2016, 10:11:00 pm »

Isn't that the time travel thing though?  The xbyxbyxbyx tilesets.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 08, 2016, 06:20:01 am »

With 3.5D gear you don't have a true W axis (also colloquially called a T axis for "time"), but each item is rendered with a W attribute to give a sense of recognition/oddness/deja-vu as if you're seeing it from a particular character's experience.  The really tricky part is getting the transparency right so the game can overlay the correct "experience."  When the W data is opaque in the tileset, a given item (for example, a giant cave spider web) will ALWAYS register with the same level of recognition no water what happens in the game, and some people get headaches from that.

This new tileset, from the what I've seen so far, does the W transparency very well.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 08, 2016, 08:27:04 am »

I decided to no longer participate in the higher-dimensional community fort games, a while ago, due to rather gittish hyperdimensional architecture laid down as a trap to both future and past participants, by a certain party...

I won't name them, but I think you know1 very well who the hyperspherical bastardi concerned is.

1 Will know/have known/will have known/will eventually findj to be known all along.
i Looks like a bastard, no matter which direction or time you look at them...
j Though previously indeterminate.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 08, 2016, 09:38:43 am »

Wait, you're only using three spacial dimensions? When did that happen?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 08, 2016, 09:47:31 am »

Wait, you're only using three spacial dimensions? When did that happen?
There is a legacy mode for people with older hardware.  Or who just enjoy a challenge.  Look through the settings and you'll see something called [PRINT_MODE:NEURAL], [PRINT_MODE:OMNI] or [PRINT_MODE:UNIVERSAL].  Change it to [PRINT_MODE:3D] to go old-school. 
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2016, 11:28:06 am »

so I booted up a new universe and was looking through myth mode and looking through all 95 solar systems, and looking though the many planets in them, many of which have their own ecosystem,physics,religous,civs,rekigions,items,materials and other stuff, and I just thought isn't there too much detail?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 08, 2016, 11:34:08 am »

Haha, you think that's a lot of detail? You havent found the multiversal quality dial yet, have you?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 08, 2016, 11:37:51 am »

and you haven't found the "so many universes that if it had one more universe computer would crash" option, have you?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 08, 2016, 11:49:46 am »

I must be getting a bit pampered up here on the Hellstar, I haven't run a universe gen with less than [ACTUAL] for stars or galaxies in at least five years...  I can even run full causality branching.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48