Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Roll to Gladiate--Fantasy RTD Tournament! Round 4...Fight!  (Read 17809 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Gladiate--Fantasy RTD Tournament! Round 2...Fight!
« Reply #210 on: September 28, 2012, 03:31:47 pm »

Fire again aim for the same leg
Darwuf will toss a mug of ale at the dude shooting arrows at him, then heave a table up, and use it as a pseudo-shield.
Become ghost. Influence Darwuf's abilities so he will get a -1 for actions or something.
The two stop one of the four from manifesting to interfere. Meanwhile, [6] Lucius draws a powerful arrow back. It [21dmg] manages to sever the leg, but the bow breaks. Darwuf [2] misses Lucius before [4] tossing a table up as a shield.

Darwuf is missing his left leg and is at 59% blood, and will bleed 13% next turn.

Geez, there is something horrible about a combat system that severs legs with two arrows... And the first strike seems too vital, for some reason.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 28, 2012, 04:07:43 pm »

(( Or im just that good. )) Draw my knife then sit down across the room from the dwarf and and watch him bleed. Circle around if he attempts to get to me.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 28, 2012, 06:18:50 pm »

Blood loss doesn't stop a dwarf. Staunch the wound with a dirty rag, and hop on forwards to that dirty bastard! Gut him!

Man, that's so unfair that someone starts with a bow. What's next, me vs a group of forest elf mages in the middle of a giant glade of ents?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2012, 07:31:26 pm »

(( Or im just that good. )) Draw my knife then sit down across the room from the dwarf and and watch him bleed. Circle around if he attempts to get to me.
Blood loss doesn't stop a dwarf. Staunch the wound with a dirty rag, and hop on forwards to that dirty bastard! Gut him!

Man, that's so unfair that someone starts with a bow. What's next, me vs a group of forest elf mages in the middle of a giant glade of ents?
Darwuf has a magical hammer, and mesor hit you from a few feet away! It helps if you actually try to attack.
[6] Lucius draws his knife and sits on a chair hard enough to break it, accidentally setting off a bar brawl. The two look meaningfully at Armok, therefore almost missing [1] Darwuf stuffing some dirty rags into his wound, which hurts the wounds more. Oops.
Darwuf is short one leg and at 36% blood. [4] Darwuf stays conscious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2012, 07:52:54 pm »

Wait, that hammer is magical? I thought it was a rock tied to a twig. Too bad I can't move...

Darwuf will blast over the table, and slam into his opponent's bow-arm! Crush! Mutilate! Render it useless! Also, try not to die. Yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2012, 08:16:26 pm »

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Where did you think the +1's came from?
Sig

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2012, 08:40:56 pm »

I got +1's!?

Never saw that. All I see is, like, [6] and what-not, no modifiers. I think, anyways.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 28, 2012, 09:14:30 pm »

...I do seem to have added the +1's where appropriate.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2012, 02:14:14 am »

Smile cruelly at the dwarf and move to put as many people between me and the dwarf as i can. Be ready to dodge aside and slash the other leg if he reaches me.

(( Did you not notice ive had the bow since the beginning of the game? ))

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2012, 06:24:18 am »

As ghost, make Darwuf trip and make his nose bleed!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2012, 06:47:28 am »

Wait, that hammer is magical? I thought it was a rock tied to a twig. Too bad I can't move...

Darwuf will blast over the table, and slam into his opponent's bow-arm! Crush! Mutilate! Render it useless! Also, try not to die. Yet.
(Trying not to die is assumed.)
Smile cruelly at the dwarf and move to put as many people between me and the dwarf as i can. Be ready to dodge aside and slash the other leg if he reaches me.

(( Did you not notice ive had the bow since the beginning of the game? ))
[6+1v1] Darwuf, shouting a mighty dwarven song of battle, leaps over the table and slams into Lucius, [31dmg], ripping the elf's bow-arm off. He keeps flying and smashes into a table, getting splinters in his back and stunning himself. Oh,  and the table breaks, surprising and angering the adventurers drinking there. Lucius, dazed from harm and what just occurred, as well as his horrible failure to dodge, [2] shuffles across the room a bit.
A bar brawl has been ignited, so the town guard has been called.

Darwuf is missing his left leg, his torso is at  is at 56 HP, and he is at 23% blood. [5] Darwuf does not die, [2] but he does pass out. He will bleed 3% next turn.
Lucius is missing an arm and is at 70% blood. He will bleed 15% next turn.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2012, 06:48:49 am »

Charge the dwarf and ram my sword into hes chest.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2012, 05:06:26 pm »

Darwuf, being asleep, can't really do anything. He'll try and dream about the days when he was tended by elven druids in the far northers forests, after a nasty skirmish with goblins that had resulted in a chaotic loss of life between the Dwarven caravan, and...Well, and the green-skins. Wasn't there something that the Druids had given him? Something to help him, if he ever needed it...?

What I'm trying to say, is give me some goddamn magic elf-something to heal me or something. It's on here somewhere! Also, Glorious Roll, Darwuf!

Also, could we get bonus points if we write elaborate, several-paragraph back-stories?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2012, 05:23:35 pm »

Charge the dwarf and ram my sword into hes chest.
Darwuf, being asleep, can't really do anything. He'll try and dream about the days when he was tended by elven druids in the far northers forests, after a nasty skirmish with goblins that had resulted in a chaotic loss of life between the Dwarven caravan, and...Well, and the green-skins. Wasn't there something that the Druids had given him? Something to help him, if he ever needed it...?

What I'm trying to say, is give me some goddamn magic elf-something to heal me or something. It's on here somewhere! Also, Glorious Roll, Darwuf!

Also, could we get bonus points if we write elaborate, several-paragraph back-stories?
In his unconscious state, Darwuf [4] manages to recall a blessing by an eleven druid. [2-1] Lucius fails to hit the dwarf, and in fact hits himself. Specifically, in the [5] right leg [7dmg].

Darwuf is missing his left leg and is at 40%.
Lucius is missing an arm, his right leg is at 23 HP, and he is at 48% blood. He will bleed 14% next turn.
Sig

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2012, 05:30:07 pm »

Hit him again

( Uhm wtf he goes from 23% blood to 40%? )
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17