Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: You are the villain--An RTD/Suggestion Type Game.  (Read 23293 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are the villain
« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:47 am »

I'll wait. I did, however, figure out the heroes last night.
The Fly--Allegedly an experiment combining magic and technology gone rogue, The Fly has a variety of fly-like abilities, from flight and wall-crawling to noxiousness and a tough digestive tract. He is trying to find his real parents.
Shift--A high school dropout about two years younger than Fly at 19, Shift left due to being brought down from his popularity when his powers manifested. He lived on the mean streets of Macropolis for a couple years before joining the superhero team.
The Sprint, Mk III--An android with incredible speed and jumping prowess creates at Georgia Tech and accidentally left on. It fled, and studied genetics, sociology, painting, and other subjects as only a robot can. It follows Asimov's laws of robotics, and therefore chose to help with the superhero team. The Laws have been used against him more than once.
Sin--A former chemist who thought his new serum would not have the problems on humans in did on chimpanzees for technical reasons, tested it on himself when he couldn't get approval to test it on others. He has good coordination and unearthly strength and stamina, as well as a "sixth sense" for danger. Sadly, Sin also got major brain damage to certain parts of his brain, damaging his intellect and inhibitions.
Heart--The only woman on the team, Heart got her powers when she found a magical ruby that embedded itself in her chest. It gave her powerful postcognition and the ability to intuit emotions. She is also skilled at acrobatics, archery, and art. Some say she has a crush on Shift.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the villain
« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2012, 03:49:50 pm »

[(shame there are no new people having a go. Pity, this is brilliant, especially for your first RTD (this is technically my first as well, although I have played in a suggestion game).
Hopefully someone else will join in - you could add 'new players wanted' to the title or something. Until then, might as well carry on. The hero ideas are great as well. Kudos. Oh, and a run is somewhere for the poultry to have exercise in if they can't roam free for some reason.(I've been meaning to put that in a post for a while now- just keep forgetting). Keep up the good work.)]

Check on news sites for info on fire. If the bank robbery is not mentioned, burn it with the heat ray to destroy the evidence. Try to blame luddites. If mentioned, destroy crazy shopkeeper's house instead.
Set logger of to work in the nearest forest, and have woodbot make a target range in the bunker with some of the wood.
If haven't already, buy some chickens, and plant some fruit and veg in the garden (not personally, of course)
Build a hand-portable heat ray, rifle or pistol size. Make sure it doesn't make noise when fired and is capable of killing. Multiple settings if possible.
If successful, try it out on target range. If not, buy some anti-burn cream.

I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the villain--An RTD/Suggestion Type Game.
« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2012, 05:12:30 pm »

You check for news about the fire. It suggests "supervillain activity" as a probably cause, and mentions that the Macropolis Patrol will be visiting there soon. It's a big news event. You can't find any evidence of the bank robbery being connected to you, although it does mention several criminals taking the opportunity to do various crimes while the city was distracted, but neither the bank nor a half-machine woman with a pick-hand are mentioned.
You set out the loggerbot. It [3] fells a small tree and chops some of it into planks and such fairly fast. Once it's finished, [3] the woodbot builds an adequate firing range.
You can buy up to [1] two chickens for [1] $100, total. Maybe you could haggle for $50-60 for one, but as it's a rooster and a hen it should get you started.
[6] You build a whole arsenal of mini-heat-rays, from pistol-sized to bazooka-sized. You didn't have time to beta test them, though. [1] You can't find any anti-burn cream, anywhere. And that's about a day's work.

END OF DAY 8 OF VILLAINY

You ake up. Nothing notable happens before you dress yourself, unless of course you run out of your room before getting dressed. That's interesting, and may trigger other interesting events...Look, what do you do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:18 am »

run out of room without getting dressed. pause. run back into room and get dressed.
shoot. attention is bad at this stage. Find out more info on Macropolis Patrol visit (when, where, etc.) Buy the chickens, and look to buy some more. Get loggerbot to carry on logging. Have woodbot make proper flooring for bunker with wood. Ask Jim about next 'bot, and when he'll need more supplies.
Test out weapons on firing range, and do some target practice.
Host another BBQ.
have diggerbots expand bunker. Use dirt produced to help reinforce damaged walls. 
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2012, 07:26:31 pm »

You run in an ellipse, confusing Fred.
[1] You start to do some 'net searches, but trigger some kind of security software, possibly alerting the Patrol. You buy the chickens. [1] No more chickens are on the market, and your rooster runs away.
Jim says that the next robot is going to be a general worker/soldier robot, 10 feet tall, steel fists, the works. He asks if he can incorporate one of your new heat rays into the robot.
You head to the firing range to test your weapons.
HR-2, pistol-sized: [1] It explodes. You need to get medical attention after the tests.
HR-3, pistol-sized: [2] It does not explode, but it does not fire either.
HR-4, ~3 feet long: [6, 5] You hit the target in the center circle, and the heat ray burns through the wall. Remember to call a contractor.
HR-5, rifle-sized: [4, 1] You get distracted as Jim walks in and asks about the heat ray. Good news, it works!
HR-6, backpack+rifle-sized: Untested.
HR-7, bazooka-sized: Untested.

Do you want to ask around to see if anyone on payroll is a doctor, or head into town?
Sig

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2012, 04:09:04 am »

Hr4 should be hidden, it is totally OP! Use the rifle ray as our weapon, learn Robotics! Find doctuh House and ask if the bastard will work for us!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:50:05 am by Donuts »
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2012, 06:36:52 am »

Last first, exploding death rays are NOT healthy.

-----

[2] You find a DVD of House, Season 1. You need  a DVD player to watch it...screw it, we need a doctor! You are driven into town by Fred after a quick disguise and removing your decidedly non-human-looking right leg. You give e false names. You get treated and get out at night.

ENS OF DAY 8 OF VILLAINY

You wake up again, considering testing the last two heat rays. Jim asks you for one of the non-malfunctioning ones to install in his new robot.
Sig

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2012, 07:49:22 am »

Give him the Hr4.... but tell him to be VEWWY, VEWWY CAREFUL!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2012, 10:59:55 am »

Wow...
So out of four tested mini heat rays,
1 explodes
2 doesn't work
4 works
And 3 burns a hole through the wall of an UNDERGROUND BUNKER?!!?
Time to star mass production I'd say.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

Jim takes HR-4 and, very vewwy vewwy carefully takes it to his workshop, saying that the robot should be finished today and then he'll need instructions and parts to make more robots.
Over breakfast, Christiana mentions a news story mentioning a vaguely suspicious hospital breakout. You need to decide what to do. For instance, are you going to hold another barbeque?
Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 19, 2012, 03:57:37 pm »

OP should be accurate now.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 19, 2012, 04:02:51 pm »

OP should be accurate now.
The evil deeds section needs updating.
Other than that, good job.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 19, 2012, 04:24:12 pm »

Whoops, fixing.
What are you doing now?
Sig

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2012, 07:34:42 am »

I quite like the idea of a barbecue.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2012, 01:39:30 pm »

ditto BBQ. Also buy chickens.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25