Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: You are the villain--An RTD/Suggestion Type Game.  (Read 23291 times)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the villain
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2012, 02:35:34 pm »

Find somebody who can make food. Get something to modify the robo's with. Also order the finished ones to dig us a bunker. In the back garden!
Ditto, but amend to 'find and hire'.
Ask Jim to teach us(me???) basic robotics.
Housetrain kittens.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 02:38:04 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »

Your non-digging robot is missing a leg. Unless you mean the octotanks, of course.

-----

You make yourself presentable, different, and not looking like some sort of freak. [5] You remove your left hand (the pick) and make yourself a new one. [6] It looks very realistic, but depletes your supplies. Another thing to go into town for. You leave some orders for Jim and your robots, [2] and head to town.
You pick up some various computing and mechanical parts for $100, considering how at this rate you'll be bankrupt in a month or two, and try to find someone to cook and clean.
[2] You are not successful, and you overhear someone mentioning that the police are on alert for you. [6] You leave without being stopped by the police, quite quickly and possibly suspiciously.
When you return, you see that Jim is working on a new robot. You ask him to stop long enough to teach you some of the finer tricks of robotics. He does. He gets back to work.
You find your seven kittens, and [4] make good progress on housetraining them. You realise over dinner how much Jim was right--you do need someone who knows how to keep house.
Before bed, you check to see how the diggerbot is doing. [6] It mined out a pretty big bunker--you need to spend a few hours getting supports up to keep the castle from collapsing! Thankfully, the bunker is only near a sewer line, not in the middle of it.

END OF DAY 4 OF VILLAINY

You wake up, exhausted. You could sleep in a few hours after checking on Jim, or you could take a -1 to all rolls for today. What do you do?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2012, 04:06:35 pm »

Sleep in. Better than the bunker collapsing or something.
Think up a way to earn / steal money.
Continue search for housekeeper.
Expand bunker, avoiding the sewage mains.
Finish housetraining kittens.
EDIT: maybe add a skills section to OP under vitals?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:16:41 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2012, 04:50:56 pm »

I'll add skills when I add the bunker, specifically when I get access to a real keyboard.

-----

You sleep in. While  you wake up and have either a late brunch or an early lunch, [6] you think of a dozen crazy schemes to get money. Half of them require the heat ray  to be set up, whereas it's currently sitting in the laboratory. Four others involve various crazy inventions that you don't have. The last two are selling spare weapons and starting some kind of mostly-legal business.
You check on Jim. By this time, Jim has finished a second diggerbot and moved on to a carpenting robot. He's got the hammer-arm and nail dispenser done. You are content with this--a carpentry robot can put up butresses for you--and head out, ordering the diggerbots to continue work on the bunker.
You again head out to town, hoping to find a housekeeper. [6] You find half a dozen sisters and one brother, all of whom clamor for you to hire her, and not to accept the work of some other sibling. You finally agree to hire them at a total rate of room and board, plus expenses, plus $250 a month total, plus an hour and a half a day each for playing with the cats, if they'd also agree to housebreak the cats. You make a note to interview each of them more thoroughly at some point before the week is out.
When you get back, you discover that [4] the diggerbots have expanded the luxuriously-sized three-room bunker by a dozen empty, cramped rooms. You can't help but notice the pile of dirt in the backyard, where after filling a few rooms the diggerbots decided to dump the remainder of the dirt. On a less irritating note, Jim is almost finished with the woodbot, as he calls it. It needs a head, but that's it.

What a nice, productive, uneventful day.

END OF DAY 5 OF VILLAINY

What will you do the next day, Saturday?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2012, 05:09:54 pm »

Wait, what? Did we/I hire ALL of THEM? Yay more allies!
Set up platform for heat ray with the pile of dirt. Have woodbot reinforce it when finished.
Ask Jim about his next robot.
Go into town, get the groceries, and set up an Internet connection.
See if I/we can buy some books to stock the library with as well. Preferably useful ones.
EDIT: (OOC) with the -1 modifier, that day would have gone wonderfully.
Well played, dice gods. Well played.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 05:33:19 pm by TopHat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:43 pm »

You awake, feeling refreshed and cheerful. Britney, the second oldest of the seven siblings at 23, has prepared a lovely breakfast. To make you feel even better, when you mention your plans, she and Christiana (21 and the younger of two twins by 25 minutes) offer to go into town for you. It would make sense--how long could your good luck of evading the cops last?
You decide to chat with the other five before going to work. Ashley, 25, was originally planning to major in biology, specifically genetics, before deciding to go into finance after two and a a half years due to the job market. She guesses she could make around $50 a week more if you let her fiddle around with your finances, but she'd charge a fee of 10% and couldn't guarantee anything--it could be a loss, although probably not much, and it could be as much as over $100 on luckier weeks. Caroline, the older of the twins, is good at gardening and soccer, and suggests a garden to cut down a bit on food expenses and such. Gertrude, 17, is in her last year of high school and loves to write. Fred, the brother aged 19, isn't much for housework but has skill in martial arts and doesn't mind hard work, so you decide to make him an assistant/bodyguard until you find someone better. Elpis, 20, is into psychology and loves animals.
You decide to work on the platform with Fred's help while Jim finishes up the woodbot. [6+1] It is a smashing success, but time flies too fast and you sit down for a late lunch around 2, exhausted. By this time, Christiana has hooked up the internet, which will cost $20 per month. Oh, and the woodbot's finished. Its right arm incorporates a clamp and a hammer, as well as a nail gun and dispenser, while the left is part drill, part screwdriver, part clamp, and useable as an improvised weapon. It has two humanoid legs with big feet and a note attached to the back reading "Put saw-arm here." Jim explains that he forgot to ask for a saw.

Well, you've got new employees, a woodbot, and a request for a  saw. What will you do this afternoon?
Note: Your exhaustion will give a -1 to rolls about various sorts of physical work.
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2012, 05:58:21 pm »

Send one of the staff into town to buy a saw, gardening tools and some books, preferably on agriculture, livestock, and robotics.
Also, set up heat ray on platform, in preparation for one of the schemes thought up.
Allow Ashley to fiddle with the finances.
Set up garden, and get woodbot to build a chicken coop. Put Caroline in charge of the garden.
Use new Internet to scout out local area using a map thing.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:00:58 pm by TopHat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2012, 06:13:08 pm »

Caroline heads into town. The stuff you want costs $95. You allow Ashley to fiddle with the finances, although you still want her to help with the housework when not doing that.
[4+1-1] You and Fred get the heat ray set up on the platform. When Caroline returns shortly after that, you tell her to make a garden, including a chicken coop. Caroline points out that you lack chickens and that [2] no chicken would want to live in any of the half-dozen coops the woodbot built.
You decide to check a net-map for ideas. The little town down the street is about 10,000 people strong, but about ten miles east is a bigger city, of 100,000 people or so and boasting two museums, a good stretch of beach, and a university. Downside: It has some heroes.

You have dinner. What will you do this evening?
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2012, 06:27:01 pm »

Look up more about the heroes and the crazy shopkeeper I robbed. Photos if possible. Also get woodbot to build a decent chicken coop, using materials from rubbish ones, while looking to buy some chickens.
Prepare to commence Heat-Ray money making scheme no.1.
Give Caroline books on keeping livestock to read.
Consult Jim about next bot.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:33:46 pm by TopHat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2012, 06:46:22 pm »

Updated the OP. Can you think of anything Lynda does or should know that I missed?

-----

The woodbot demolishes the chicken coops and rebuilds them, under Fred's watchful eye. [3+1] Soon there are a few good chicken coops, capable of housing about 20-30 chickens, depending on how tightly you want to pack them.
Jim intends to make a loggerbot, which will be able to turn a tree every two days into a few hundred feet of planks. He's already got the right arm done and attached.
You prepare the first heat-ray scheme, which involves threatening to vaporize the nearby town's water supply if they don't give you...something. Plan B is a big barbeque.
You will find some info on the heroes in the morning, it's too late and the GM is busy fishing for some hero ideas.

END OF DAY 6 OF VILLANY

You wake up. What do you want to do? Specifically, what plan do you want to do and what do you want to extort with it?
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2012, 06:57:41 pm »

Wait for GM to think up hero ideas (no pressure, just say that they don't like fame for the moment and prefer anonymity or something).
New heat ray plan: Identify a target. Set something else ablaze with the heat ray (the park perhaps?). Rob target. Get the hell out of Dodge before anyone realises that the fire is a diversion. Then proceed with plan 2: the big BBQ. The ransom is too risky and would alert the police to my presence.
Buy some chickens and feed, and have woodbot build a run.
Create another hand-held death / heat ray for use in raid. If not just use pistol.
Buy some balaclavas to help avoid being identified.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 07:08:31 pm by TopHat »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2012, 07:38:10 pm »

Plan H4, I see.

-----

[4] You locate a bank. It is fairly well-guarded, but not too much; just a couple of guards and security cameras, it looks like.
You give the orders. Elpis and the twins start to look for a place where they can buy chickens. The woodbot uses the last of your wood to build a run, even though I don't know what it is.[3] It is a serviceable but overbuilt run, and you think that the miniature birdbath, while impressive, is stupid. Still, you have bigger worries, like the death ray that you [2] fail to build. You have Fred buy a few baclavas as you fire the heat ray [4] at the park. [6] It sets that region of the town on fire. You hurry over there, meeting Fred halfway for a balaclava. By the time you get there, there are enough criminals around that you sneak into the bank easily. You have your pistol and your pick-hand. There is one guard on duty. What do you do?
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2012, 06:02:18 am »

Kill guard.
Rob bank.
Get out.
Have a BBQ.
Practice marksmanship.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2012, 07:10:02 am »

[6] You shoot the guard quite well. His brain splatters all over the bank. Well done. Also, I think someone heard the shot.
You [6] hit the hinges with your pick, once you replace your hand with it. The vault door falls on you. You didn't think it would be that easy. [6] Using the superior strength in your cybernetic limbs, you hurl the vault door off of you and back onto the vault. Damn it! [2+1] Second time's the charm, and this time you don't even get hit by the door! [3] You grab several bags of money, toss them into your car, and hear the sirens and so decide to cap it at that.

You [4] manage to get home without any real difficulty. A BBQ is hosted. Supplies coated $150, but you brought in [3] $175 from selling food, [6] and someone offered to help redesign your house. He doesn't let you say no. [6] You kick him out before he does any damage, but he lands on a table, and the guests [5] need to be persuaded to not demand refunds.

When all is said and done, that evening you practice markswomanship.

END OF DAY 7 OF VILLAINY

Your upkeep and income fees gave you a net profit of $120 this week, more or less.
Ashley's investments netted you [4] $60 this week.

You wake up. Counting the spoils of your bank robbery, you gained $3,500. Not bad for a day's work. Also, the loggerbot and the saw arm for the woodbot are complete. The saw arm is a thin appendage that wraps around the woodbot's left shoulder. The loggerbot is a stout machine with tracks for legs, and a hammer left arm with a built-in wedge placer thingy that can be used as a weapon, and an axe right arm which is a better weapon.

What shall you do today?
Sig

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2012, 08:30:56 am »

Burn down bank with heat ray to demolish evidence.
Wait to see if anyone else wants a go.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25