Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: What is YOUR most wanted feature?  (Read 12535 times)

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is YOUR most wanted feature?
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2012, 01:46:36 pm »

The utter destruction of FPS death as a significant problem.
It is impossible. There will be always problem with FPS. Always. Optimization can only prolong it, sometimes sufficiently that you will have fun before inevitable boredoom.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2012, 02:04:00 pm »

Economy return, and army arc continued. I really want them to be able to dig under or climb over my walls. Give me a challenge instead of HERPDERP WALLED YOU OUT.

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2012, 02:33:52 pm »

I'd LOVE to see a more fleshed out animal behavior. Things like self regulating predator-prey population relations, bird migration, a working food chain, but also individual behavior like bears scratching on trees, emperor penguins huddling together, ectotherm creatures sunbathing, scavengers burying carrion, and whatever crazy shit all these cave creatures have in their description.
I mean that's what my heart wants. But my brain wants Toady to continue to work on more important features - which I think he does well enough without getting sidetracked too much.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2012, 06:05:37 pm »

I'd LOVE to see a more fleshed out animal behavior. Things like self regulating predator-prey population relations, bird migration, a working food chain, but also individual behavior like bears scratching on trees, emperor penguins huddling together, ectotherm creatures sunbathing, scavengers burying carrion, and whatever crazy shit all these cave creatures have in their description.
I mean that's what my heart wants. But my brain wants Toady to continue to work on more important features - which I think he does well enough without getting sidetracked too much.
This.
I want DF'S great outdoors to make me say, "Damn Nature, you scary!".
I REALLY want the ability to do more things in adventure mode. Build houses, start caravan companies, and other things.
I'm also curious about how Toady will handle sailing(IF he handles sailing).
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 04:15:02 am »

Workshops replaced with "zones" that function similarly to the hospital, and reactions for vanilla stuff like making crafts, toys etc being moved into the raws instead of hardcoded.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 05:54:12 am »

The utter destruction of FPS death as a significant problem.
It is impossible. There will be always problem with FPS. Always. Optimization can only prolong it, sometimes sufficiently that you will have fun before inevitable boredoom.
Not really. There will always be limited system resources, but there is no reason the game must slow down over time. It can be fixed, and should be fixed.

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 07:13:49 am »

- exportable embark configurations, alerts and uniforms
- ore vein auto-follow for miners
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

DNK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 07:44:38 am »

Workshops replaced with "zones" that function similarly to the hospital
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this too.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 05:46:15 pm »

As others have said, the ability to let a fortress sustain itself.

However, I'd REALLY like more autonomous dwarves, with less emphasis on managing the chores (Like Dwarf Foreman apparently does, but I don't have or use any plugins), and leaving the player free to work on establishing the infrastructure and handling dynamic events.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »

How about support for towns wiping out? It would list who caused it, who died, who survived and when did it happen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 07:05:25 pm »

This activating the world thing. IT implies that populations will be properly supported and succession will take place. Therefore, a single low-skill fisherdorf can't wipe out an entire species of fish in a month's time. Same with a hunter and the local deer population. And my adventurer and the local human population. Actually I WANT to finally be able to wipe out towns again. Not that sentient populations shouldn't increase, but I ought to be able to wipe out enough of them fast enough that a town can be depopulated. Anyone I can't kill fast enough would be fleeing for their lives, anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 07:37:50 pm »

This activating the world thing. IT implies that populations will be properly supported and succession will take place. Therefore, a single low-skill fisherdorf can't wipe out an entire species of fish in a month's time. Same with a hunter and the local deer population. And my adventurer and the local human population. Actually I WANT to finally be able to wipe out towns again. Not that sentient populations shouldn't increase, but I ought to be able to wipe out enough of them fast enough that a town can be depopulated. Anyone I can't kill fast enough would be fleeing for their lives, anyway.
Actually, forget what I said earlier. Juat this. Just "Entirr fish population dead, all fisherdwarves useless foever"
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2012, 07:49:15 am »

Also the ability to remove eyes completely instead of just "Damaging them" I want a dwarf that has clown eyes stuck in his teeth!

Also Improved ambushes in adventure mode

TC01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2012, 02:21:38 pm »

Elf Mode.

Actually, kind of, I would like to see other game modes. But besides that:

-Generation of non-human sites (which is happening now!)
-World gen continues during DF mode (which is sort of happening now, I think/hope)
-The ability to retire fortresses rather than just abandon them
-Multiple worlds (like the afterlife for adventurers)
-Anything that lets your fortress have more of an effect on the world, such as armies, outposts, sending out caravans, actually ruling your civilization, etc.
stockpile: git based installation management.
Dwarf Fortress for Fedora: Packages of DF and friends for Fedora Linux.

Wellincolin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2012, 02:32:06 pm »

I know this will eventually happen and was probably pointed out already, but open-world Fortress Mode (being able to leave your embark spot and freely expand it).
"The WereAss collides with The Ostrich Cock!
The Ostrich Cock is knocked over and tumbles backward!

The Ostrich Cock is no longer stunned.
The Ostrich Cock stands up."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9