Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 108

Author Topic: <Syndicate>: Sequel Preparation - Vote on the Sequel's Location!  (Read 144451 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 0. Humble Beginnings
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2012, 04:31:11 pm »

"yeah, but I think we actually want a real alliance with the Chinese- they're friendly to us, and I want them to stay that way."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2012, 04:34:01 pm »

((Logic does have a VERY good place in RTDs. Some just have a better place for it than others. This is one of those.))

And why should we just barge in!? That'd just get us bloddy killed! I insist we get some extra funds first. 
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2012, 04:37:06 pm »

(( Well ive made my opening move already anyway. Im gonna confine my work for now to petty crime and a bit of recruitment to start getting us off the ground. But it would be good if somebody were to go to the Chinese and ask them if they have any small problems that are beneath them to deal with and offer our services to deal with it. Were to small for them to accept an alliance now but if we do some odd jobs for them first it would strengthen our position with them. For a fair cut of course.

Im not planning to go barging in im planning to do some scouting while i bring in a few thugs and pull off some minor crimes , mugging , minor robbery's that kinda thing to start boosting some skills for me and the recruits which will bring us in some money.
If a chance comes up for me to grab or kill 1-2 of them that are isolated and ive got a good numbers advantage ill take it but im not going to launch any attack unless i can be certain nobody will survive and im not going to attack unless a majority of the king's agree on it.

Im good at patience so long as i get the chance to kill something in the end.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:40:24 pm by mesor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2012, 04:40:48 pm »

"I don't believe that direct combat will ever serve us well. Manipulation is a weapon better than every gun in the world."

wsoxfan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 10, 2012, 04:44:57 pm »

Gentlemen, I shall leave you to this discussion in order to see what incriminating evidence we can find on people in high society. But before I go I would like to remind someone that we will eventually backstab each and every gang with whom we work. Please let me know the results while I go look for blackmail-able information. I'll get back in touch with you once I can find a more private location with a computer(do we have one? If we don't then I'll use my phone, which is harder but still possible) action for this turn-get dirt on all police officers who routinely patrol this area
Edit-see later post for action.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 08:46:49 pm by wsoxfan »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2012, 04:46:25 pm »

"Thank you, sir. Betrayal is the name of the game."
Action for turn: Explore the chosen base. Every inch of it must be committed to memory.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2012, 04:52:55 pm »

(( Im all good with the back stabbing hell one of my plans is to take 4-6 of the men i recruit and put them to work on silent kills ready for a few special assignments later on to bump off ranking officers of a gang we intend to remove. but i dont see the need to get a bad rep for back stabbing a gang when there is no need for it.
The HellRiders are hated and there small in number compared to the rest.
They have a lot of weapons and money.
Once we've got a steady income and a small army im good with tricking another gang into taking them on while I and anybody else interested take a group of our fighter's in quietly and see if we cant steal some weapons and cash from them and maybe take a few prisoners to get information on there businesses and potentially a few recruits.

We have a lot of kings with different talents id suggest we split our work that way.

My guy is primarily built as a fighter so im gonna use him to bring in recruit's from the local scum who dont serve other gang's and work on a few petty violent crimes with those recruits to get us a small core set of fighter's up and running.
Each of us could recruit our own small team to work with us on our chosen assignment types.
So our bank robber would bring in a few fighter's and a group of hacker''s or demolition men and so on.

Sound good to you guys?
If not i will of course go with the majority decision of the kings.

))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2012, 04:56:47 pm »

((You should most likely stay out of crimes personally. Little crimes are what kill you. Look at Al Capone.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2012, 04:58:27 pm »

(( Wont really work this early unless i get lucky with my recruitment drive and get 4-5 people. I may have to work with them but thats why my character has a hood and a mask. I can direct things without anybody knowing who i am. Ill work out if i need to be involved directly or not once i see how my recruitment drive goes. ))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <Syndicate>: Chapter 0.99: Hey, Stuffs.
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2012, 06:06:57 pm »

Chapter 0.99: Hey, stuffs.

Just want to make a note:

Everyone put your actions, as well as your vote for base, in Bold. Thanks.

Also, you guys handle your issues with each other however you want. All gangs have internal problems. If two of you go "AWUIETWIAGRNAKWEN" and decide to shoot rockets at each other over a piece of cheesecake, go ahead.

And if anyone says that's not fair, it's all completley fair. The Dice is the only true justice in the world of RTD.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2012, 06:08:54 pm »

Go out scouting the other gangs turf.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:39 pm »

Church

Looks to the others.
"]Well you know my choice i like the church  its isolated and more importantly with some investment has the space to run a fair few different operations and still house several hundred men as well as a huge amount of land that we could build on in the future as we expand.
It would be able to hold a huge army if used correctly.
Before i go id also like to suggest that we compartmentalize things. So for now that would mean if we bring in any recruits they do not meet any kings that are not involved  in recruiting them until there tested and we know they can be trusted.
Gets up and nods to the group
" Ill be back later if you guys leave then leave me a message with the barkeeper im gonna go check out the area and see if i can find a few potential recruits for us or any easy marks to hit for some quick money. If anybody would care to take a look around the city with me then feel free to come along."
Looks to William
"If you dont mind i would like you to come along. If i can find a few people who could be convinced to join us your charm would go a long way to help bring them on board."
Walk over to the barkeeper whether anybody agrees to come along or not.
"If there's any single or small groups of criminals , thugs , dealers and other general scum in the area that are not affiliated with the major gangs can you tell me where to find them?
And can you put the word out quietly that any unpleasant people who are looking for a more organized group to throw there lot in with can come see me and ill see what i can do for them. For each person you send who proves hes worth to us ill give you a percentage of my share depending on he's skill set once were up and running.
"
(( Only my own share not any of you guys unless anybody would care to allocate a percentage of there share of any profit's to increase the information he or other source's can be " persuaded to provide ". ))
Wait for hes answer then go out and begin scouting those he has indicated and keep an eye out for any small shops and businesses that look like they have pore security.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 01:04:12 am by mesor »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2012, 06:21:08 pm »

"I vote for the pub. It's easier for us to expand from and easier for people to meet at. Plus, the owner seems to already have some connections, and those may come in handy for when we contact the other gangs.

As for me helping with the recruitments,  I don't know... I don't think me and those type of people would be agreeable. Besides, I want as few people able to witness against me as possible. Unlike you, I don't have a mask to hide my face."

Pub. Explore the choice of headquarters carefully.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2012, 06:26:04 pm »

PUB, MATE.

Go outside to the nearest dark alley and wait for someone to walk through, robbing them.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:16 pm »

(( Uhm is it really a good idea to start robbing people right outside our base?
Kinda goes against the whole secret hide out thing to draw attention to it.
No matter ill do it myself. Do you want any men to work with you or are you gonna work on your own spinal.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 06:38:08 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 108