Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38731 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Still accepting folks)
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2012, 01:19:25 am »

"I felt a sudden pain in the back of my skull..." Emmanuel says, touching the back of his head. "I actually thought I had hit something behind me." he says, his voice low.

"My bad, though." he completed, staring at her. He still couldn't understand what exactly was going over him...Those feelings, they didn't seem to be his. Even so...

Emmanuel pulled Bubblegum closer to him and embraced her tightly. He could feel what she felt, and he knew how she felt about him. It was a difficult situation, one he hadn't been trained for. He was unsure of how he felt, and did it trying to appease both of them. It was much less than Bubblegum wanted, but it was a way to show her he still cared, even if his mind was a mess.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:09:20 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2012, 12:06:27 pm »

It is now Solarian Summer.

[5:Taricus] Miner Drones on Isaeyr dig, dig, dig, right into a massive underground cavern, the drilling rig falling into the darkness, along with a number of drones, mostly those manning said rig.

[10:Ardas] Valerian city passes an ordinance that raises the amount of funding given to helping those out of jobs find new ones, along with training for said jobs. Due to this, immigration into the city booms. ((New Valeria is Tier 2))

[6:Adwarf] A number of raw iron veins are discovered in mines across the planet, along with copper and titanium ore. ((+1 to next resource payout))

[10:DigitalHellhound] Tourists from across the sector arrive to visit your planet and the wonderful gardens. In a clever movement, your government passes a small tax on tourism. The income from the Tax is staggering. Incomes amount to three Acredits.

[8:Shootandrun] Your associates in the Asgardian Alliance decide to ask for a favor. They wish to have protection from marauding fleets, militaries and Aliens, and are willing to pay Asgard enough to buy two fleets, without the pilots, if said fleets are used to protect the weaker planets in the system. They do not seem to have the capabilities to build and man such fleets on their own.

[2:Hellstal] A large ship emerges from D:13 space, and before anyone can react, crashes into Hell, far, far way from the two cities, into some ruins, causing an earthquake which collapses many structures that were built underground. There's a number of soldiers and civvies trapped in the rubble or blocked in by stand, but the defensive walls remain standing.

A message requesting a formal meeting arrives from Maxwell Hayes to  SIRIC-Prime, Arthur Vandelay, Geogun Syskon, and Magnus Jarnhand.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:33:03 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2012, 12:16:48 pm »

Send recon drones and surveyor units into the cavern.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:23:44 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2012, 02:34:38 pm »

Build and man two fleets, using the money the planetary governors sent and some of Asgard's own. Once the construction is finished, these fleets are to patrol the Vanaheim system.

Propose reforms in the Asgardian Confederacy, where the planets capable of building fleets are responsible of the Confederacy's foreign policy, but are also responsible to protect and serve the best interest of the planets which are unable to defend themselves.

Magnus contacts Hayes and the others using the Interfeed, since he has some a few things to deal with in Asgard that request his attention
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 02:38:27 pm by Shootandrun »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2012, 03:32:24 pm »

Emmanuel woke up with a startle. It had been one day since Bubblegum had pushed him against a wall, and he went to sleep the last night thinking about it: what had happened, and why it had happened. Something inside his head had flared, and he felt what he supposed to be the girl's emotions inside his own mind.

Her feelings had flooded him, and his newly-gained sense of empathy had been as confusing at the time as it was now. The young man had never heard of something similar, but then again he admitted to lacking information in several areas; being raised as an intellectual in a terrorist group didn't exactly provide you with enough information to know everything that happened outside the group, especially due to the fact you spent most time receiving formal education and taught how to indoctrinate others than anything else.

His thoughts were interrupted abruptly. And earthquake came - and with it the screams. Emmanuel ran outside, only to discover the aboveground structures were basically unshaken...But the underground had fared worse. They didn't have such luck, and several people were trapped under the remains of the recently-built buildings. Wasting no time, Emmanuel ran to the underground.

Provide assistance to the rescue efforts in the underground.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2012, 04:14:03 pm »

Perhaps there is a radio malfunction? Oh dear...

Kaylee sighed as she awaited her superior's indistinct order. By the size of the holes in the Hiveship, and the tone of Mark's voice, it seemed that she did...far worse than needed.

"Mark, should we enter and clear out the ship or do you need it towed to the nearest maintenance base? Hellstal is the nearest and sorry for the holes..."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2012, 05:50:14 pm »

"Mark, should we enter and clear out the ship or do you need it towed to the nearest maintenance base? Hellstal is the nearest and sorry for the holes..."
Mark looks up. He seems distracted.

"Soon landing boarding party, taking care of problem. If wanting you, helping them you. Else, please to be relaxing."

(All ships capable of doing so send transports with troops and engineers over to both clear the upper decks of mutants, and fix (temporarily) the great big medium-sized hole torn into the side of the ship.)
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2012, 06:41:02 pm »

A scan of Oberon system (Valerian home system) is to be done in search of any minerals or colonial sites. Same is to be done in neighbouring star systems if possible.

Valerian Navy initiates a secret project, codenamed "Pegasus". A form of FTL communications separate and secure from Interfeed is to be found and researched.

Contact Hayes and meet him in person while I'm still on Voandrath, if not, through usual Interfeed channels while on Valeria.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:26:19 am by Ardas »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2012, 07:08:21 pm »

Contact Hayes and meet him in person while I'm still on Voandrath, if not, through usual Interfeed channels while on Valeria.

When you finally meet with Hayes, after going through a number of security checks and searches, you find him in a wheelchair, on the other side of an old mahogany desk.

"Pleasure to meet you, Arthur Vandelay. How do you fare?"

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2012, 07:27:15 pm »

"I'm fine, thank you. I hope you are all ricght now? I've managed to pursue the assailant, but we had small mishap with Fed-Sec. You should look into whipping up these people into shape.

Anything you wanted to talk about in particular? I am rather honoured to be called in for a meeting with you, out of all the hundred something delegates and leaders."
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:24:21 am by Ardas »

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 23, 2012, 07:46:26 pm »

"I'm fine, thank you. I hope you are all ricght now? I've managed to pursue the assailant, but we had small mishap with Fed-Sec. You should look into whipping up these people into shape.

Anything you wanted to talk about in particular? I am rather honoured to be called in for a meeting with you, out of all the hundred something delegates and leaders."

Hayes gives the man a smile over a sheet of paper-work, hand reaching up to smooth out his hair.

"I need a minister of Fleets and Anti-Piracy. Your record states that you do well with both, if it's to be trusted."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2012, 04:23:51 am »

"Well, you definitely are talking to the right man. I would be able to look over federal fleets and policing, yes. If anything, I would be able to support federal policing with Valerian Navy units, once we have them off the ground."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2012, 02:29:13 pm »

Send recon drones and surveyor units into the cavern.
[1] The surveyor units are rappelled down into the cave, the darkness consuming them, until their night vision flickers on. The cave is wide, mushrooms and plants growing wide and stubbily. Vines hang from the ceiling.
There's a flash of blue, and you lose contact with the drones and units.

Build and man two fleets, using the money the planetary governors sent and some of Asgard's own. Once the construction is finished, these fleets are to patrol the Vanaheim system.

Propose reforms in the Asgardian Confederacy, where the planets capable of building fleets are responsible of the Confederacy's foreign policy, but are also responsible to protect and serve the best interest of the planets which are unable to defend themselves.

Magnus contacts Hayes and the others using the Interfeed, since he has some a few things to deal with in Asgard that request his attention

{~} The ships will be done in the Solarian Fall.

[9+2-2] Considering your the only one within the Confederacy that can build Fleets, the other members are hesitant, but with a single glare, they crumple to your wishes. At a meeting, the all sign the contract that legalizes such an action, condensing nine votes down to one.

[~] The conversation has occurred.

Provide assistance to the rescue efforts in the underground.

[6-2] You set to work with the rest of the soldiers, digging through the rubble with the rest. Bubblegum is using a pneumatic drill to work her way through the walls to provide oxygen holes to those trapped. The farms are still active, nothing but aesthetic damages and a few loose cows. As your working, there's a sudden shift from above you, and a large chunk of rubble breaks free from the rest, falling suddenly.
[9-1] You roll sense the rubble falling, your muscles tensing in an instant, ready to dodge away.
[5] You manage to just barely be missed by the falling stone, laying on the ground and panting. Versen hauls you to your feet, giving you a nod and setting to back to work with a barked command.

[1] Work is hard, and you don't make much progress finding people, [3] and Bubblegum's drill breaks about half-way through the hole, making her swear loudly and try to pull the heavy bit from the wall of earthen stone.

(All ships capable of doing so send transports with troops and engineers over to both clear the upper decks of mutants, and fix (temporarily) the great big medium-sized hole torn into the side of the ship.)
[6] There's a moment of silence over the comm, before the fleet mobilizes, boarding and repair ships emerging, heading toward the hole in the ship.
[8] It's a quick patch, but the jimmy-rig a large airlock where the ports used to be, the boarding parties emerging from their ships. Fighting breaks out, as they discover the mutants.
[8+2 vs 7+2] The initial fight is a victorious one for your cause, casualties are taken on both sides, as well as wounded, but your raiders and boarders take a number of decks back after bloody, pitched battles.
[10+2 vs 10+1] Your men continue to clear the decks of the mutants, fighting tooth and nail, blade and gun against the tentacles and spines. The lizard creatures hiss, falling to concentrated waves of death.
[3+2 VS 7+1] As they progress lower and lower, a sudden ambush emerges from the shadows, your boarders getting torn apart by the attack, retreating back to a recently secured deck.
[5+1 vs 9+1] The mutant hordes emerge, crashing against the upper decks and re-taking many of them, cutting through your people like so much goo. Body parts, blood, and gore litter the hallways and corridors of your ship, a smear of red and green.
[10 vs 6+1] With fierce determination, the survivors press on, axes and swords a-hacking through tentacles and scaly flesh, forming lines of men that crash through the decks, leaving shelless mutants in so many pieces.
[10 vs 6] Then they begin to mop up, isolating the last Dragon in a food storage room, for their king to fight later. They hunt down any isolated mutants they can find, scanning the decks over and over again.

[~] You've reclaimed the Hiveship, but at great cost, two regiments worth of boarders and pirates have been loss, either put down in their death throes or killed as re-risen mutants. Squads of your people armed with makeshift, super-heated flame-throwers begin to sanitize the decks. {-2 regiments lost}

[7] But your people are hardy, the survivors, ones with minor mutations and physical scars are stronger for the experience, skilled in the art of making makeshift weapons, fighting in claustrophobic hallways and surviving against greater odds than comfortable. {1 heavy regiment gained}

A scan of Oberon system (Valerian home system) is to be done in search of any minerals or colonial sites. Same is to be done in neighbouring star systems if possible.

Valerian Navy initiates a secret project, codenamed "Pegasus". A form of FTL communications separate and secure from Interfeed is to be found and researched.

[4] There is a number of planets within the Oberon system, but all habitable ones are heavily populated and controlled by Federation approved governments. [1] A single planet however, takes this scouting project as an act of aggression, demanding compensation for such an act. [2+1] Three units of resources, or they declare war.

[2] Unfortunately, progress is ever so slow on the project, and any attempt to leech off the Interfeed's clever design is met with large problems, such as the frequency transmitter...exploding due to heavy electrical misuse. {-5 Pegasus Project}
[2] The Valarian Navy's labs are comprised by a group of college students wishing for a tour, the word of the project leaking heavily across the Interfeed, luckily, no one bats an eye at the information, the news fading quickly.

"Well, unfortunately Ministers don't have as much power as they'd like. You're limited to a small Fed-Fleet, access to the Spy academy in Voandrath, as well as a pay of five Acredits. You'll be working with several others, including Isabelle, who's Minister of Policing and Security. I trust there won't be a problem between you two?"

« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 03:14:34 pm by filiusenox »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »

"Nope.  We know each other rather well. I had a chance to see her hard side, and I must say I'm rather impressed. I can manage though."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

Markactl strode through the hallways, directing cleanup and repairs.

"Surviving Great Atlaca. Incapacitating, removing from ship. Finding heavy prisonship, in greatest security storing Atlaca, studying. To be autopiloted prisonship, none to be entering, once stored Atlaca."

Very, very carefully move the surviving Dragon onto an empty ship. Make sure it is heavily reinforced, and rigged to blow in case of an emergency.

Into the dilapidated remains of the docking bay he strides. He shouts at the two mechs:

"Attention rescuers! Please to be accompanying to Flagship. Talking without"- he waves, indicating the injured soldiers and frantic engineers-"distraction."

He then jumps into a transport and heads over to the Flagship.
Long Live United Forenia!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27