Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27

Author Topic: Voandrath (Yak-Space)(Demigods Destroyed: 1)  (Read 38770 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: Voandrath (Yak-Space)
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:33 pm »

The King chuckled as he heard the voice in the intercom.

"You're having an AI listen and record to the discussion so it can blackmail me, and you claim the moral high ground anyway? Bah. You can keep your spot up there.

In answer to the question of the person listening, you have obviously not listened to what I said. I don't want to be Lord President. I cannot be Lord President, even if I wanted to. I never blackmailed Regina Mays. I brought information she had made essentially public out of carelessness before the public eye - and I am confident that won't happen to me, because I'm not dumb enough to do things that concern only me in places where others may be watching, if I have a choice."

Magnus smiled as he looked back to Hayes, but it never reached his eyes. After a silent moment, he chuckled.

"I'm going to tell you why you shouldn't send this. When people will know I took the throne by force, they're going to politely ignore the fact that it's a family tradition as old as the family and they'll use it as a pretext to invade or to rebel. Well, there's a thing called realpolitik back in my home planet, a term which was coined by one of my forefathers. It means, obviously, 'real politics'. It's a mentality we Jarnhands try to follow at all time - be practical. Be careful. And be ready to kill anyone who gets in your way, no matter what's your official stance on the situation.  At the end of the day, I will still be High King and I will still vote for you in the elections.

So far, no one died in this entire thing. Mays was embarrassed and lost her chances in politics, and that's it. But in Asgard, or in my neighbors' planets, people will do stupid things. Dangerously stupid things. They'll think that because the throne shouldn't be mine, I can't hold it. They'll think a lot of things indeed. Some may believe they must fight so a 'rightful' ruler can get to the throne - some may think it is wise for them to fight for such a cause. They are all going to die, Mr Hayes, and a lot of my people will die too - or perhaps me and mine will all die, and only a lot of theirs will be lost. It will not matter in the end. If that information goes public, I'll be dealing with a civil war or an invasion before the end of the year, and I will be honest - if someone decides his ass ought to be on the throne while my head rolls in the streets, I will kill that man and all his followers and still sleep like a baby at night.

I am going to let you, a scrupulous man determined to keep the moral high ground at all time, decide for yourself whether your personal revenge because I didn't play fair is worth their deaths."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2012, 07:30:38 pm »

Set up a connection to Mays, send her a video of the previous events in the room since Prime arrived (To be viewed later at her own discretion), and set up a livestream for her to continue watching the current conversation.
[3+2] You're able to connect to Mays successfully, she seems a little worried, but watches intently. [2] The video is sent, but corrupted mid-transit, resulting in just a black screen for Mays.
[7] She watches the King and Hayes, scowling, teeth gritting.

He doesn't seem surprised to hear the robotic voice from the com, but his eyes once more linger on the camera, staring, simply.
"Prime, it's impolite to eavesdrop..."
Hayes picks at his cuffs, shifting his head down so his hair falls over his eyes, before speaking simply, extending a hand to the King, swallowing audibly
"I'll have to destroy you some other way..."

His wristpad beeps once, before beeping again.

[7] Prime can see a deep look of betrayal finding their way to Mays' features, and she types frantically on her laptop, pulling her bathrobe closer around herself.

"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2012, 08:26:50 pm »

Resend the audio of the meeting to Mays, let her peruse that before continuing the conversation.

"I believe you ought to apologise to Miss Mays before you leave Magnus, about the whole scandal you have caused with your actions."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2012, 09:02:03 pm »

Magnus hesitated for a few seconds, taken by surprise. After a moment, he placed placed the crown upon his head, got up, and bowed very seriously towards the camera.

"For what it is worth, Mrs Mays, I apologize. Although I will not pretend that I regret to have use my knowledge against you - we both know that would be a lie - it was not done cleanly, and in a very unprofessional and impolite way. I know you will never forgive me - but I want you to know I am truly sorry how things went for you in the end. It should not have been done this way."

And with that he left the room.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:10 pm »

Resend the audio of the meeting to Mays, let her peruse that before continuing the conversation.
[4-1] The audio corrupts mid-transit once more, and Mays looks annoyed, typing in something so it appears on her screen.
Stop, it's annoying to listen to static.

Hayes stays where he is, dropping the data-pad after decoding it, head still tilted downward, so his hair covers his eyes, hand clenched in a fist. He places a single, high quality leather loafer'ed foot on and slowly grinds it into nothing but sparking circuits and a metal frame.
[?] He snaps his fingers, and Prime is cut out of the feed, but not before it hears Hayes, tone remorseful and morose, murmur, turning to face the camera, his wristpad beeping once more.
[10] "I'm sorry, my love...

Then he emerges from the room, all merriment gone from his features, and he slowly reaches up to brush his hair from his eyes. A false grin reappearing.

Well, what did it expect? No shell, no safety.

Markactl cautiously opened the door and examined the corridor for more of the mutants.

If the coast is clear, he makes his way to the nearest weapon station.
[3] The cost is clear, before you notice a mob of the Terros at the other end of the corridor, all in various states of disfigurement, some even bearing lizard heads, bearing frills of tentacles,  which squirm and wriggle of their own accord.
[7 vs 1] You manage to sneak pass, into the weapon room, which looks  barren of weapons and guns.
[10] But, you know a secret room in this part of the ship, and slam a fist into the wall, which springs up to reveal a hidden panel, containing a large machine-gatling gun with a large number about twelve thousand, of huge machine-gun rounds hooked to a belt which can easily be worn over the shoulders, stolen from a human emplacement. [7] Right next to it a mono-sharpened, razor-honed cutlass, stolen from the hand of a Fed-Fleet Admiral.

Accept taking her and escape the station with the Godsplitter. Avoid entering combat with enemies.
She seems excited as she climbs up behind you, a happy smile coming to her face, [2] which dims when she realizes she has to sit on your lap to be able to fit inside the cockpit.
[8] Your escape from the station is unbothered, not a single person noticing your mech lifting off into outer space
[9] It slips into D:13 space before the fed-fleet even arrive, speeding through the blackness silently, a flash of white against the ever-consuming dark.

((You can stop mid-way between the Planet Under Siege or pause half-way wherein we could arrange an RP-session IRC-wise, if you want))

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2012, 03:28:21 pm »

Ceh ceh ceh... no one respected his authority these days. Had he not specifically told them to get this thing off of his ship?

"Attention Atlaca. Please to be looking this way."

The mutants turned at the sound of his voice.

"Telling devil, kiss waste-end mine."

Mow down the mutants, and make my way to the lower decks.
Long Live United Forenia!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2012, 03:37:56 pm »

"Hey, I'm not exactly happy about it either." Emmanuel commented as they traveled inside the mech, the girl sitting on his lap. Goddamnit, he could have swore the cockpit was bigger than that. Oh, but it actually was spacious, but it only had one seat, and sitting on the displays and controls was most certainly not advised. Emmanuel made a point remembering to add an extra seat sometime in the future while desperately trying to focus in the trip instead of on the girl.

He had spent the whole time avoiding any unnecessary movement, and the fact he hadn't put on his pilot suit meant he wasn't exactly in a protective attire. Emmanuel was glad he was taller than her and could still watch the displays without the pilot helmet, but having hair brushing against his face wasn't exactly helping.

Shit.

"We should take a break midway. Yeah, that would be great. What is your name, by the way? I think you never told me."

Ask the girl's name to distract her from the embarassing situation. Start to move towards a space station halfway to the planet under attack.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 12, 2012, 03:58:20 pm »

Quote from: Caellath
"We should take a break midway. Yeah, that would be great. What is your name, by the way? I think you never told me."

"Oh, sorry. It's Bubblegum...funny name I know...But generally folk on that station are named after things, instead of like...Lisa or May...or Sarah."
[9] She continues talking about the station and outer space and stuff, but you sorta...tone it out, concentrating on flying.
[4] No stations, and no luck. You do however stumble upon a moon, with a large city built on to it, every building looking grimy and rundown, a scrap-yard of ships around it.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 12, 2012, 09:36:22 pm »

Unless Micelus has responded and I missed it, travel to the General's aid at WARP SPEED
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 12, 2012, 09:44:58 pm »

Unless Micelus has responded and I missed it, travel to the General's aid at WARP SPEED
[~] You enter D:13...and never come back, your fleet losing all communication with the other universe as it speeds along at Faster Than Light. You might escape...but until then, your order yourself and all the other people on board put into cyro-stasis, until such a time as the ship leaves the Black Dimension.

Foster is missing in action.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 10:07:01 pm by filiusenox »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 12, 2012, 10:23:57 pm »

And thus ended the supposed Earther's life.

Zhaj never did get an answer from Foster, but he shrugged and wrote the Chronicle off as "complete."

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2012, 04:01:39 pm »

Mow down the mutants, and make my way to the lower decks.
[6+1+2] You wrap your tentacle around the gun and step into the hallway, the beasts turning at the sound of your voice, the Gatling gun spinning for a few seconds to warm up, before it rips through the shell-less aliens, splattering meat and gore across the hallway.
[7] You set off after blowing smoke from the gun, walking past the scattered, ripped remains of tentacles and writhing body parts.
[3+2 vs 7]As you pass a door-way, another Horror jumps out, talons ripping through the shell of your arm and shoulder painfully as you try to bring your sword to bear on it.(-1 health. 3 health remaining)
[9+2+1 vs 6] You ram your sharpened blade into it's gut, through the mutated shell, before drawing the razor blade up, slicing it from gut to gizzard. It collapses, bleeding out in seconds.
[7+2 vs 4+1]You find the landing for the walkway, despite the darkness, and the mob of these beasts that rest there. Their eyes blink upon spotting you, before the rattle of shells and the drone of the chain-gun cuts them down to size.
You hear a loud, dark growl emerging from the lower decks, followed by thunderous foot steps as something begins to ascend the walkway.

Black, segmented shell covers this beast from head to claw, ooze, dripping from various pores within it and reflecting the low, emergency lighting dully. The beast’s slavering, reptilian maw is perpetually open, showing sharp, jagged teeth and a far too long forked tongued, which flickers in and out, testing the air. Massive dark red claws click and scrabble on the metal floor, each stained with green blood, extend from thick, heavily muscled arms as tall as yourself, shifting and twitching. Sprouting from it’s back are a number of tentacles, which match the frills of it’s head, which squirm and wriggle, sharp, barbed hooks sometime scoring self-mutilating lines on it’s own shell. Another set of tentacles hang down from under it’s chin, shuffling along the floor, leaving a trail of slime and goo.
It’s multitude of red eyes blink, watching you as it’s lumbering, loping strides come to a stop.

Zhaj never did get an answer from Foster, but he shrugged and wrote the Chronicle off as "complete."
[?] It seems your next assignment is to head to the election, to watch it unfold and chronicle it, along with a few others.

Then he emerges from the room, all merriment gone from his features, and he slowly reaches up to brush his hair from his eyes. A false grin reappearing.

[~] As Maxwell steps out of the room, a man steps up to him, dressed in military fatigues, extending a hand for a handshake, which Hayes obliges. There's a look of uncertainty as the man's grip tightens, which shifts to panic as that man slips a pistol out from under his jacket, presses it to the center of Hayes' chest, and pulls the trigger. The bullet rips through his chest, blood splattering the other man, staining Max's coat.
[~] Maxwell falls back as the other man lets him go, free hand scrabbling for his own jacket pocket as the man turns, making to flee.
[3] And that he does, slipping out the door and into the building proper, dodging gunfire and bullet blasts.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2012, 04:07:00 pm »

Track the assassin, providing movement data to security forces in the area. Impede the assassin's progress by any non-lethal means necessary that does not also interfere with the sercurity forces. Signal emergency services,, staing that maxwell has been shot and paramedics are needed.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2012, 04:25:42 pm »

"Ugly-smelling Atlaca you. Why on ship mine?"

Well, no. The thing would not be able to talk.

In that case, it'd die just like the rest.

Open fire. If that doesn't work, vault over the railing.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:22 pm »

A shot. Shot in the plenary room and a lot of panic. Security rushin to find the perpetrator and computers looking through every place to find him.

In but a moment, a soldier's instinct kicks in and Arthur loses no time in calling up his bodyguards and sets off with them to find the man who shot Maxwell. He is handed a pistol form one of his men , as they rush ot the exit in search of the assasin. This was a bad start to an already omnious day.

Set out with my bodyguards to look for the assasin.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 27