- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47321 times)

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #600 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:26 am »

"When you get back, I may have a few things for you to look at on the MRU."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #601 on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:08 am »

((Have I taught them how to rappel yet or did that action get side tracked by setting up the teams?))
It was at the bottom of the action post. I guess you missed it, so I'll post it here once more.

"Reggie gives everyone on his team a quick talking to and does his best to explain the proper methods. They mostly have no idea what you're talking about. Mostly. [+1 Rapelling for Reggie; +0 for those on the Rappelling Team; -1 for those on the Hoisting Team]."

Also, you should all be hooking in and rappelling right about now whilst the Hoisting Team does their job and makes sure everything is working.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #602 on: October 02, 2012, 07:58:53 am »

((Could I get a slightly more detailed discription of the boulder? [approx. height, width, ect.]))
You're ridiculous: Its about 6 feet tall and a few feet in diameter. The reason its bothering you so much is that its so rough, despite the constant wind. When you ask the others about it, they all give you varying descriptions and each insists that theirs is correct. They are mostly arguing about how close it was to the Habitat Module. ((this isn't a new action, just a clarification of your last))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:01:39 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: October 02, 2012, 10:47:38 am »

((thanks)) Gordon stares at the rock, his unease continuing to build as his gaze lingers.

*To himself
"Pull it together, soldier! Your just being paranoid, like that time on Pandora.

Then again, he'd also been right about Pandora, though he hadn't discovered that until after he had joined the Migrant Program. Eventually, after several minutes of internal debate, he comes to a decision.

Take a marksman's stance 50 feet from the boulder.

"Guys. I know this sounds crazy, but I think this boulder is trying to kill us."

Aim at the boulder.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 12:44:34 am by Jatha »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 02, 2012, 02:40:09 pm »

"Most likely it's simply one of the organisms on this planet, or a strange material. Honestly you could waste ammo on it if you want, but that stuff costs a lot, so try not to." Do my thing when everyone is ready.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 02, 2012, 03:13:50 pm »

It wouldn't surprise me, almost the entire planet is trying to kill us.

I also do my thing when everyone else is ready.

Speaking of things that are trying to kill us, what should I name those monsters?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 02, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

"I don't know about you, but anything the size of the abomination I'm simply going to call a titan. You dally around with technical names and whatnot."

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 02, 2012, 06:09:07 pm »

I was talking about the space bears, but Titan works well for that big guy.  Technical names aren't as important at the moment.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 02, 2012, 06:15:52 pm »

"Eh, doesn't really matter to me that much. But  anyways, don't shoot the boulder-thing. I don't want to risk it resisting lasers like some animals have. You guys remember the centipede?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #609 on: October 02, 2012, 06:29:47 pm »

Hey Gordon, if you think it's a critter best not mess with it while we're all away. Ok guys, lets head on down, one at a time just like I showed you.

Rappel down the cliff.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 02, 2012, 06:31:38 pm »

"You guys ready? Okay, let's go then."

Check the gear and man my station.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #611 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56:28 pm »

Everyone needs to post actions this round in order for this event to occur, since you all need to be working together to start rappelling. Waiting on Alanoran, Mr.FancyPants, and Yhgi.
BTW, where the hell has Alanoran been? Either he forgot about this or he's lurking. Either way, I'll have to kill him if he fails to respond soon.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 07:58:07 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Alanoran

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is air droppable at least once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 03, 2012, 03:15:26 am »

((Want to apologize for mot being around. I've been having some family issues leave me upset to the point of reclusiveness from everything for the last few days. Tried posting, didn't have the mental power to do so. I hope it's worked out now; will try to give at least minimalist actions.))

snap out of the daze I've been in after realizing everyone on planet is crazy.

"I'll have Vixen keep you company, if you're so worried about the boulder."

<Vixen, stay on the ridge, and watch the surroundings for anymore wildlife. Check the boulder the crazy guy is aiming at. Send an audio alert if you detect anything.>

prepare to rappel while mumbling about everyone being trained to build robots, not climb cliffs.

((I'm winging Vixen's commands/abilities, you can run her how you want to in response to the commands.))
_,-=._                     /|_/|
  `-.}   `=._,.-=-._.,  @ @._,
     `._ _,-.   )            _,.-'
        `      G.m-"^m`m'

Yhgi117

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud owner of an Internet connection. Mostly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: October 03, 2012, 05:06:48 am »

((Uh, Alanoran. Do you remember the pit being about an hour away by rover from the Hab Module? And, if so, how's the Vixen supposed to get there? Does it have rockets in its feet or anti-grav pods in its belly? Because that would be awesome; having a flying robot fox on our side.))

"Gordon, be wary of that rock. I saw some old 21st century movie with rocks that fell from space and those rocks tuned out to be giant alien robots that, when awakened, wanted something called the 'Hall Mark' to rule mankind. But, then again, it was just a movie." As he says this, Yhgi clips his hard-points to the carbon rope, makes like a tree, and leaves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You turn on your heel and scream like a madman before performing a flying leap directly into Vincent's gut. I'M A LEAVE! The two of you achieve orbit momentarily before roughly landing on the ground in a heap.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #614 on: October 03, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

Waiting on Mr.FancyPants.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 55