- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47342 times)

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open
« Reply #585 on: October 01, 2012, 02:21:49 pm »

Wait in the back, be on lookout and see if I find anything interesting in sight. "I'm not going down. I'm not quite willing to trust my life with you guys..."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #586 on: October 01, 2012, 06:07:53 pm »

Excuse me if the stress of having to people die in rather close proximity to me and early getting eaten by Space bears may have me a little confused.

Vincent attempts to help with the tying, then sets the rope up with the rover.
The rope is already tied to the rover. You untie it and try to form a better knot. [4] Its exactly the same as before.

Check the price of a ballistic carbine and a dagger with external sheath.
MRU: Standard B-Carbine w/Collapsing Butt and optional Carrying Strap, Thigh Holster, or Abdominal Holster [925Cs], 9-Inch Steel Combat Blade w/Hip Sheath [150Cs], Standard Energy Combat Blade w/Custom Drawing Belt and Adjustable Length (Max. 20 Inches) [240Cs]
You can afford either one of the blades, or both of them if you wish (why would you do that?). The carbine is outside your price range however. Thats unfortunate.

Right! After slinging his rifle, Yhgi claps his armoured hands and sits down cross-legged. Who's going first?

((I'll take the crash course, if the spots aren't taken. Sorry I haven't been here, I've been preoccupied with cousins.))
Yhgi has volunteered to join the Rappel Team!

Wait in the back, be on lookout and see if I find anything interesting in sight. "I'm not going down. I'm not quite willing to trust my life with you guys..."
You hop onto the rover and keep an eye out for baddies. Aneos has joined the Hoisting Team!

Spoiler: Rappel Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoisting Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Undecided (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lonely (click to show/hide)

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 01, 2012, 06:10:52 pm »

((sorry i wasn't on this weekend guys, busy busy  :-[ im assuming i'm at the pit))
Walks away a few feet from the pit and sits down. Takes my stuff out of my pack and checks it over after, I put it back except for my parot drone and controller. I begin flying it around getting a feel for it.
"I'll pass on going down there"
War is not about who is right but who is left.
-unknown

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #588 on: October 01, 2012, 06:45:06 pm »

Ok, Me and Yhgi so far going down, at least one more would be nice. Hey Haurk nice UAV. Makes sense to me for you to stay here. You can keep an eye on everyone and watch out for more space bears and stuff.

((lol seriously you just ninjaed me, I was writing a suggestion that you be one of the people to stay up top because you had a UAV. :) ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 01, 2012, 06:51:20 pm »

Edit: Head back outside and scan the horizon with my rangefinders

"Hey Aneos, you used to be a merchant, didn't you?"
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 06:59:13 pm by Jatha »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: October 01, 2012, 06:56:24 pm »

"Why yes, and technically I still am-ish"

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #591 on: October 01, 2012, 07:32:17 pm »

((sorry i wasn't on this weekend guys, busy busy  :-[ im assuming i'm at the pit))
Walks away a few feet from the pit and sits down. Takes my stuff out of my pack and checks it over after, I put it back except for my parot drone and controller. I begin flying it around getting a feel for it.
"I'll pass on going down there"
You control the Parrot through the interface that is displayed over your vision by your cranial implant. Any commands you want to give to it should be contained within whatever these things are called: <implant command goes here>. You never need to tell it to activate. All you do to turn it on is throw it.

Haurk joined the Hoisting Team! You unpack your Parrot and toss it into the air. It automatically activates its anti-gravity unit and you run diagnostics while letting it sail lazily across the wind. Its sensor, camera and propulsion systems all seem to be functioning properly.

Edit: Head back outside and scan the horizon with my rangefinders

"Hey Aneos, you used to be a merchant, didn't you?"
You head outside and sit down, prepping your optics and setting your rifle in a marksman's rested stance. The rangefinder's readout goes blank once you point it directly at the horizon. Apparently its too far away to get an accurate reading. You look around a bit more and spot a large rock about 40 feet away from you. It looks..odd…. Other than the creepy boulder, you can find nothing else aside from sand and wind.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 01, 2012, 08:45:03 pm »

Attempt to re-tie the knot. Don't let anyone go down until it's good. Then, join the hoisting team.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 01, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »

((Lol it just seemed like the smartest thing to do.))
<Fly in a 15 meter circle keeping look-out for any movement other than the group>
Pick up pack and walk back to the rover and climb on the back.
"So Vincent whats your story? Why did you sign up for the migrant program?"
-unknown

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: October 01, 2012, 10:14:15 pm »

Vincent mans the rover to prevent anyone one from falling.

Fame mostly, partly boredom.  I've discovered THREE new species in a matter of days, so I think I'm rather satisfied.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #595 on: October 01, 2012, 10:32:13 pm »

Fame mostly, partly boredom.  I've discovered THREE new species in a matter of days, so I think I'm rather satisfied.
Jim is driving. He always drives. Also you still need to name the Abomination and the Space Bears. No you can't name them Space Bears. Suggestions are welcome. You can turn those into a conversation that you're all having while working on the stuff.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #596 on: October 01, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

Attempt to re-tie the knot. Don't let anyone go down until it's good. Then, join the hoisting team.
[5] The knot is finally tight and secure. The rope itself or the rover's undercarriage are more likely to give before the knot comes loose. You hop onto the rover and take the controls, and then wait for the rappel team to finish their preparations. Jim has joined the Hoisting Team! Hoisting Team has been sufficiently manned!

((Lol it just seemed like the smartest thing to do.))
<Fly in a 15 meter circle keeping look-out for any movement other than the group>
Pick up pack and walk back to the rover and climb on the back.
"So Vincent whats your story? Why did you sign up for the migrant program?"
If you don't like calling it the Parrot, you can change its call-sign to anything you wish. It doesn't have to be an animal.

A small live stream from the Parrot's main camera and a graph depicting sensory updates appears in the centre of your vision as it scans the surrounding area. It seems to be getting inconsistent readings and requests a clarification after carrying out its orders for a short time. It wants to know if it should scan the Pit itself, or the area around it.
Parrot: Scan Area --- Pit/Desert?….

You retrieve your gear and climb up onto the rover.

Vincent joins the Hoisting Team!

All remaining team members have been drafted onto the Rappel Team! Golly!

Spoiler: Rappel Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hoisting Team (click to show/hide)

Reggie gives everyone on his team a quick talking to and does his best to explain the proper methods. They mostly have no idea what you're talking about. Mostly. [+1 Rapelling for Reggie; +0 for those on the Rappelling Team; -1 for those on the Hoisting Team].
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 11:02:43 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 02, 2012, 12:14:09 am »

((Could I get a slightly more detailed discription of the boulder? [approx. height, width, ect.]))
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 12:22:46 am by Jatha »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #598 on: October 02, 2012, 12:26:39 am »

((Have I taught them how to rappel yet or did that action get side tracked by setting up the teams?))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

mentallama

• Bay Watcher
  • I need a bigger weapon
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 02, 2012, 12:32:43 am »

<Scan area around pit>
Gets comfortable and looks around
"Fame huh? Guess thats better than why i'm here."
-unknown
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 55