- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47388 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - First Wave - WAVE IMMINENT
« Reply #510 on: September 26, 2012, 09:46:18 pm »

Jim steps back into the airlock as well, squeezing off two more shots at the creature.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #511 on: September 26, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »

oh.
Step back and defend self. Once it hits, slash it on the rebound.
You take a step back as the monster jumps at you. [6] It bounces off of your shield again and lands on its back feet, rearing up and lashing at you dangerously. You lower your shield and charge him, burying your knife in the chest wound and causing blood to spurt everywhere, including on your visor. Aneos is blind. -1 to manoeuvres and attacking until the blood is gone. The beast tries to wrap its arms (the ones on its chest) around you, [Monster One: 2] but its pain is too great and it can't get a decent grip in its blind fury. The beast rises to its full height, and you're now a foot off the ground and hanging one-handed from the hilt of your energy blade as the monster bellows furiously. The vibrations shake your bones and rattle your teeth as you steadfastly maintain your hold.

Vincent aims his gun at the creature, preparing to fire if it gets any farther than Jim.
You move outside in order to watch Jim's back when Aneos suddenly charges the beast and stabs it in the chest. Blood gushes from the wound and sprays all over his hands and helmet.  The monster rears up and Aneos is lifted from the ground when he tries to retrieve his knife. The monsters arms are groping at his back and trying to get a grip on the suit, but Aneos fights them off with the shield that is still attached to his left arm. It doesn't look like he can hold out for long.

Jim steps back into the airlock as well, squeezing off two more shots at the creature.
Watching the monster's movements carefully, you take aim and blast the monster twice more and try not to hit your friend. [5] The first shot nails the creature in its left hind leg and the flesh is instantly vaporised from its lower thigh, followed by a second which hits the exposed bone and atomises most of it. The leg snaps in two and the monster topples to the ground with Aneos still on top of it. It hasn't slowed down in the slightest and tries to roll over on top of him. [Monster One: 3] Aneos somehow manages to remain on top, but the knife is still stuck fast. You're about to retreat when you feel a sudden weight on your back that throws you to the ground. [5] You roll out of it and come up to your feet facing in the opposite direction. The other beast was standing on top of the Quarters and waiting to ambush you. It failed and is now watching you carefully. It doesn't seem as rash as the other one.

Situational Update: Aneos is on top of Monster One and is the furthest from the airlock, his battle having taken him about 8 feet from it. Jim is 3 feet from the airlock facing the Quarters with Monster Two in front of him. Vincent is just outside the airlock and is watching these two battles unfold. He is also directly behind Monster Two. Perrin is drooling in the corridor of the airlock.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 10:37:21 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 26, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »

Vincent back into the airlock, and one he's in, radios to Jim Jim, duck! And then unloads his pistol on the second creature.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:40 pm »

Wipe blood off of visor quickly, then shield self.

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 27, 2012, 04:49:21 pm »

Run towards the airlock with gun loaded, ready to help whoever needs some assistance.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #515 on: September 27, 2012, 06:49:33 pm »

Run towards the airlock with gun loaded, ready to help whoever needs some assistance.
You're in the airlock already. Everyone is fighting outside presently. See: Situational Update. Its at the bottom of the action post on this page.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 27, 2012, 06:54:39 pm »

Take out the one in front of me after moving out of Vincent's line of fire.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 07:01:35 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #517 on: September 27, 2012, 06:58:30 pm »

"There's another on top of the hab unit!"

Take out the one on top of the hab unit, but be prepared to dodge a pounce.
"The other beast was standing on top of the Quarters…."
It jumped on your back, remember? Now you're both on ground level. See: Situational Update. You should probably duck if you don't want to be shot by Vincent.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #518 on: September 27, 2012, 07:00:28 pm »

Also, this action is pretty vague. Vincent and Jim are facing off against an unwounded monster, and Aneos is trying not to be killed by the other one. It seems like everyone needs assistance right now. Who do you want to help, and what are you going to do?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #519 on: September 27, 2012, 08:26:12 pm »

Vincent back into the airlock, and one he's in, radios to Jim Jim, duck! And then unloads his pistol on the second creature.
You pull the trigger until it goes click. [3] The rounds veer this way and that, but you somehow manage to waste all ten rounds without hitting a thing. The slide locks back after ejecting the final round. You're empty. The creature, aware of your helplessness, swings its heavy forelegs at you and tries to bash your head in. [Monster: 1] It miscalculates its swing and misses you completely, leaving it open to retaliation.

Wipe blood off of visor quickly, then shield self.
[5] You manage to clean your visor to the point where you can see again (Movement and Combat Penalty Negated). Abandoning your knife, you clamber off of the monster and allow him to get up, raising your shield once more. [Monster: 1] It tries to remain standing and fails, slumping to the ground. It also manages to tear its chest wound open even further and appears to be weakening, its movements are becoming sluggish. Your blade slips from the widening gap in its torso and lands on the ground near the beast.

You dash out of the open airlock and look around. Aneos is standing with his shield in front of him, guarding against further attacks from his struggling opponent. Vincent and Jim are on either side of the second creature and watching it. The monster seems to have just missed a swing and Jim is preparing to blast it while Vincent fumbles with his own weapon. You're not sure what to do.

Take out the one in front of me after moving out of Vincent's line of fire.
Vincent opens fire before you have a chance to move. Luckily you're not hit, but unfortunately neither is the monster. It swings at him and nearly knocks his head clean off, but ends his move off-balance and quite vulnerable. [2] You aim your weapon at the creature's back and pull the trigger. Nothing happens.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 27, 2012, 08:29:42 pm »

Take the knife back and slash the creature again, go for the throat if it doesn't put me in danger to do so.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »

"Sh*t. Some help here!"

Check to see what's wrong with my gun.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 27, 2012, 08:39:04 pm »

Vincent backs further into the airlock and then reloads his gun, then actually aims at the creature's legs, and fires.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #523 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:32 pm »

Take the knife back and slash the creature again, go for the throat if it doesn't put me in danger to do so.
((You're about to get within boning distance of a monster that is twice your size, and three times as strong. Yes, you're in danger. I'll assume you still want to stab it anyway.))

You scoop your knife up and the monster swings at you as you duck. [Monster: 2] It misses widely. You take a look at its throat, then at its heavy limbs, and think that you would be putting yourself in danger no matter where you stab the thing. You go for it anyhow. [5] You mount the monster and slam its head to the ground with your shield hand just before you slide the white-hot energy blade into its exposed neck with the other. It glides through flesh like warm butter and blood oozes from around the hilt, bubbling and burning the monster's naked skin as he lurches violently against his killer. The creature struggles wildly for a few moments before finally slowing and going limp. Its face twitches slightly beneath your gloved fingers as you push off of it and rise to your feet, knife in hand.

"Sh*t. Some help here!"

Check to see what's wrong with my gun.
You look the gun over while backing away from the monster. Looks like you never turned the safety off. You kick yourself mentally and flick the catch to the opposite position. Your weapon is now ready to fire.

Vincent backs further into the airlock and then reloads his gun, then actually aims at the creature's legs, and fires.
You thumb the ejector switch and stick the empty magazine in your belt, retrieving another from the side pocket of your pack. You load it into the magazine well and release the slide, then raise the gun in your hands and aim at the finally recovered creature's forelegs. [4] Pulling the trigger once, your round strikes the creature in the lower front-right leg and catches it by surprise. Having had only a minor wound, the monster takes a second swing at you in answer. [Monster: 1] It misses again, this time falling completely over and eating dirt.

Jatha

• Bay Watcher
  • And people say I have no sense of irony...
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »

((I think you need some new monsters GUNINANRUNIN, because these are clearly broken [lol]. All they've rolled are 1's,2's, and a single 3.))
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 55