- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47347 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - Day 3 - First Wave - WAVE IMMINENT
« Reply #495 on: September 26, 2012, 06:24:20 pm »

"Everyone else in the airlock now. We're doing this together."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #496 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:07 pm »

"Everyone else in the airlock now. We're doing this together."
Everyone is already inside. Just curious, but you guys know that dialogue does not constitute an action, right?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 26, 2012, 06:53:32 pm »

((I generally assumed that, yes.))
So... Open up the airlock, have the shield propped up. Hope that my suit is as hard to crack as it is as hard to move.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:35 pm »

Vincent loads his gun, then retreats to the back of the airlock, ready to run back into the quarters if necessary.

We're either going to have to make it through them, or head back into the quarters, there's no way we can take them head-on.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #499 on: September 26, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »

Should we wait on Perrin? Or just go?

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 26, 2012, 08:03:59 pm »

((We should probably wait, we don't want him to die without him realizing it.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 26, 2012, 08:12:39 pm »

Ready myself to gun down the alien creatures.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #502 on: September 26, 2012, 08:16:08 pm »

Its not like I would just kill him without giving him a chance. I don't murder idle players (nor do any GMs for that matter). :P

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 26, 2012, 08:20:15 pm »

Its not like I would just kill him without giving him a chance. I don't murder idle players (nor do any GMs for that matter). :P

((I think I've been playing with the wrong people then.  At least in non RTDs, this is my First one.))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #504 on: September 26, 2012, 08:22:51 pm »

((I think I've been playing with the wrong people then.  At least in non RTDs, this is my First one.))
Oh wow! Well I should say that you're in the right place now! :) Killing someone while they're idle just isn't right, what with schedule crunching and all. People have lives outside of the game, and that should have no hand in what occurs in it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #505 on: September 26, 2012, 09:03:10 pm »

((I generally assumed that, yes.))
So... Open up the airlock, have the shield propped up. Hope that my suit is as hard to crack as it is as hard to move.
You lift your shield in front of you and punch the switch with your blade hand. The airlock cycles and the first creature is on you instantly [5] but you beat him away with a rough block followed by a quick shove. Once the first creature is on his back and scrabbling in the dirt, you take a quick glance around and find that the other is nowhere to be seen.

Vincent loads his gun, then retreats to the back of the airlock, ready to run back into the quarters if necessary.

We're either going to have to make it through them, or head back into the quarters, there's no way we can take them head-on.
You double check your weapon. Its already locked and loaded.

You take a few steps back and the others move to your original position. You can see the airlock open, and watch as Aneos jams the flat of his shield into the one monster's face. The creature seems undeterred by the shield as he presses against it, but he eventually heaves the beast to the ground after a second smash. I guess not everything on this planet is covered in rock.

Ready myself to gun down the alien creatures.
You watch Aneos step across the threshold and bash the monster to the ground. The freakish alien thrashes about and claws the dust, apparently stunned after taking a metal plate to the jaw. You aim your pistol at its writhing form. [4] Squeezing the trigger a single time, and not aiming at anything in particular, the blast strikes it on its bared chest and scorches the exposed flesh. This only seems to make it angrier and, having regained its senses, rolls to its feet nimbly, preparing to lunge once more.

The dice rules are thus:

[Lower Than 1] - Blew Up In the Hanger: You are guaranteed to lose limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The severity of the loss goes in accordance with however many points below 1 you have fallen.
[1] - Utter Loss: It didn't work, and you've likely made the situation worse in the process.
[2] - Failure: Whatever you were trying to do, it didn't pan out.
[3] - Ineffective: Your action was successful, but it hardly made a difference.
[4] - Success: It worked, and with the intended results.
[5] - Pure Victory: The action went just as you planned it, and you even managed to get something else in too.
[6] - Pyrrhic: The action went as planned, but with unexpected side effects.
[Higher Than 6] - I Don't Understand: You are guaranteed to gain limbs, life, equipment, jobs, friends, dignity, etc. The value of the gain goes hand-in-hand with the amount of points above 6 that you have risen.

Any rules that I have previously established have been wiped from your memories. Where am I?

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

If it's in the way of the door, since I'm in the airlock, and it lunged at me near the middle of the airlock, it must have been knocked in the way of the door. Therefore, close the door on the beast as it's prone and just was shot. Defend self with shield while doing so.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #507 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:10 pm »

If it's in the way of the door, since I'm in the airlock, and it lunged at me near the middle of the airlock, it must have been knocked in the way of the door. Therefore, close the door on the beast as it's prone and just was shot. Defend self with shield while doing so.
Allow me to clarify. You were standing directly in front of the airlock with your shield raised. It jumped at you, and then you pushed it out and away from you, so that means its still outside. In the process you took a few steps out so you could check for the other monster, and then Jim walked out next to you and popped it in the chest. Vincent and Perrin are still in the airlock, you two are near the creature (which is now standing) and are about 5 feet away from the airlock, outside. You are between it and the entrance to the airlock.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 26, 2012, 09:19:21 pm »

oh.
Step back and defend self. Once it hits, slash it on the rebound.

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 26, 2012, 09:36:06 pm »

Vincent aims his gun at the creature, preparing to fire if it gets any farther than Jim.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 55