- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47286 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #180 on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:05 pm »

Hmm, recently unearthed and just starting to melt.... back away carefully, holding up the makeshift shield. There may be a creature underground, head back to the group. Caution is key. Also, he radios this, "I might have found signs of life, I'm coming back, as I'm not really equipped to fight if need be." Get to the closest group.
You back up slowly, raising your metal plate protectively. You tell the others on the radio that there may be creatures nearby, but you're pretty sure the block of frozen liquid is water. The others rally closely around you as you decide what next to do.

Jim drives the rover a bit farther away from the lava (towards the other group) and then takes a look around once more.

"Everybody come over to the rover- we can regroup, and it's far enough away from that area." Jim said as he peered over to where the group was.
As you look back at Damien you see him drawing his weapon and think that he may be in trouble. You decide to move the rover further away from the lava and do so. You keep your hand on the throttle in case you need to leave in a hurry as you shout a warning to the others.
Get away from there!
Jay is still standing near the cargo unit, oblivious of his surroundings.

Draw my pistol and cock it and turn safety off then click my radio "Perrin i got movement out here Jay get us moving
climb onto the back of the rover and use the straps holding the crates in place to secure myself and keep watching the lava
You draw your pistol, hammer down and flick off the safety, all in one smooth motion.
We need to move guys.
You start to back away from the pool towards the rover, when something lunges out of the pool and grabs your leg with its face, biting down hard. Good thing its covered in metal, but you can can still feel the leg of your suit as it struggles not to buckle under the extreme pressure. The super-heated jaws are also starting to melt away the leg of the suit. You need to do something about this fast.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 09:57:59 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 05, 2012, 10:03:08 pm »

Start heading back to the closest cluster of people. Make a map of the area on my papers, marking the locations so I can find them again.

((Gotta go. sorry. I doubt anything crucial will happen to me though.))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:30 pm »

Drop my gun and drawing both knives drive them down hard through its eyes "Guys little help here please im attached to this leg."

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 05, 2012, 10:08:21 pm »

Vincent quickly swabs the ice-y substance while backing off and radio-ing for help 

GUYS!  There's something under the ground!

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 05, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »

((Sorry I was offline I'm back now.))

Get's out of Rover and draws weapon.
I'm coming Damien.
Approaches.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #185 on: September 05, 2012, 10:48:35 pm »

Start heading back to the closest cluster of people. Make a map of the area on my papers, marking the locations so I can find them again.

((Gotta go. sorry. I doubt anything crucial will happen to me though.))
You set your metal plate on the ground. Stay.
Reaching into your pack, you whip out a clipboard and a large folding piece of double-thick paper and attempt to map the local area. [2, +1 land navigation=3] You walk around a little bit, sticking your tongue out as you try to concentrate, and holding your thumb up every so often to wrap your head around the concept of scale. In the end you've got a vague scribble on your sheet of paper. Its barely legible and there are eraser marks and smudges covering the page. If you tried navigating with this you'd likely get lost, but at least you would be able to point yourself in the right direction. If you flip the doodle over to the other side, you think you can get your bearings and try again.

Drop my gun and drawing both knives drive them down hard through its eyes "Guys little help here please im attached to this leg."
You throw your gun towards the rover and draw your blades, intending to stab the thing through its eye sockets.

[2, -1 Hard Shell +1 knife fighter=2] Looking at the monster gnawing on your leg, you find it doesn't even have eyes. It looks like a large centipede, and it seems to be covered in a rough shell thats eerily similar to rock, with small holes where its armoured legs and jaws stick out. Instead you try to stab it where its eyes should be. Your first swing hits the creature directly on the top of the head, lodging the blade into the rock. This only seems to infuriate the insect and it works its serrated jaws even harder. You try to pull it out, but its stuck fast. You steel yourself, grabbing your remaining knife in both your hands and giving it a wild swing. When you open your eyes you see that you've jammed the blade into joint of your non-chewed leg. You can't bend your left knee at all, and the leg itself is locked in a straightened position. You think you could pull the knife out of your knee if you tug on it hard enough.

At this point the bug has broken through the armour on your leg, shearing the lower half of the suit's leg clean off. Luckily the limbs of the suit are compartmentalised, and the rest of your body remains in a pressurised environment. The bug jerks you towards the pool and you lose your balance, hitting the ground hard, and it is now sawing at the thick synthetic cloth covering your leg.

Vincent quickly swabs the ice-y substance while backing off and radio-ing for help 

GUYS!  There's something under the ground!
You take out your testing kit, grabbing a sample of the liquid and dropping it into your scanner. You check the readings on the mystery liquid, prepared for the worst.

Scanner: Pure water. No other substances detected.
Water is chemical substance with the chemical formula H2O.
Elaborate? Y/N

((Sorry I was offline I'm back now.))

Get's out of Rover and draws weapon.
I'm coming Damien.
Approaches.
You hop down from the rover and bring your Energy Refractor up, you approach Damien calmly, at least until you see the lava-pede trying to eat his leg, then you freak out.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:01:15 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

Pull the knife out of my leg and hack madly at the creatures head "Jay pick up that damned pistol and get out here and shoot this thing or so hope help me god when i kill this thing i am going to shove this knife where the sun dosnt shine"

Serious Business

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

After telling the scanner to elaborate, Vincent radios Damein  Get me a blood sample when you're done, also bring me your leg!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 05, 2012, 11:04:02 pm »

((Gone for an hour and this happens?))
Quickly grab the pistol fire at the centipede thing.
"I'd suggest we be more carefull."
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 05, 2012, 11:12:21 pm »

Jim draws his pistol and fires at the lava centipede, if within reasonable range.

"Shoot it!"

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:18:39 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 05, 2012, 11:16:30 pm »

(( Uhm dude how exactly are you going to shoot it when were a few hundred meters apart atleast? ))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2012, 11:18:11 pm »

((Uh- ... good point...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2012, 11:19:45 pm »

(( Haha i thought so i doubt your aims that good )).

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:49 pm »

Pull the knife out of my leg and hack madly at the creatures head "Jay pick up that damned pistol and get out here and shoot this thing or so hope help me god when i kill this thing i am going to shove this knife where the sun dosnt shine"
[5] You pull the knife out cleanly, freeing your leg as well. Aside from a few scratches on the blade and a bent point, it seems to be in good shape. [2, -1 shell, +1 knife fighter=2] You turn the blade in your hand and start chopping at the creature's head and at the base of its jaw. You manage to scuff him a bit.

The massive insect has worked its way into the flesh of your leg, you stare horrified as blood wells up, oozing slowly out of your wound and spilling across ground. His jaws slice an artery, and blood begins squirting wildly to the cacophonous rhythm of your racing heartbeat. He pulls you firmly and you slide ever closer to the bubbling pool. One more good tug and you'll probably have to learn to swim.

After telling the scanner to elaborate, Vincent radios Damein  Get me a blood sample when you're done, also bring me your leg!
You order the scanner to elaborate.
Scanner: [ERROR]: DATA NOT FOUND
((I don't feel like writing a detailed scientific description of water… you surveyors just found a hidden reserve of frozen drinking water (y'know, for drinkin'….). Its for the camp you sillies.))

You tell the guys to bring you a sample of the centipede when they're done murdering it.

((Gone for an hour and this happens?))
Quickly grab the pistol fire at the centipede thing.
"I'd suggest we be more carefull."
You sprint forwards, reaching for the pist- Wait, what are you saying? You remember you're with the survey team, and that only Damien, Perrin, and Jim are fighting the centipede. You cheer them on instead.

Jim draws his pistol and fires at the lava centipede, if within reasonable range.
"Shoot it!"
((@mesor He said he drove a safe distance away from the pool, I'd say thats about twenty. He's within reasonable range.))

You hop off the rover and begin sprinting to close the distance between you and Damien. [2] You run a short distance before having to stop to catch your breath. You moved about four metres closer.
Shoot the damn thing!

You take a deep breath and draw your laser pistol, aiming it one-handed as you run. You're about 14 metres away when you take the shot. [4, -1 from distance, shooting while running, and aiming with one-hand ruining your accuracy=3] The pistol flashes once and the shot glances off the centipede's shell and zooms off into the distance. You burned his shell a little. Once you get closer you might be able to do some actual damage.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2012, 11:45:43 pm »

Take a deep breath then ram the knife into the creatures mouth and up through the top of its mouth into its brain and kick hard at its underbelly while throwing my weight backwards away from the lava.

(( This sucks lol half my damned team is missing. And im being attacked by an all but indestructible monster this early into the game lol? Unfair much? ))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:50:50 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55