- 0 (0%)
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish!
- 0 (0%)
Make Another One Fool!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 11, 2012, 11:27:31 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55

Author Topic: Roll to Migrate: Planet H-3 - Day 3 - Second Wave - No Slots Presently Open  (Read 47305 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Migrate - An Exercise In Futility, Migrant
« Reply #165 on: September 05, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »

Continue with the group, make sure nothing bad happens.
"I'm fine, that's what you're here for, right?"
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:07 pm »

((Sigh- RNG... I assumed the rover was already out of the crate. Ah well.))

VERY CAREFULLY, Jim opens the door to the crate and inspects the contents.

"Be careful guys- it's easy to slip."

Spoiler: Jim Martin (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #167 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:45 pm »

Seat's Jim carefully in the rover then climbs into it myself and power it up checking the systems and keeps an eye out for any signs of life
You would put Jim on top of the rover but it is still inside the cargo unit. You scratch your head, staring at the door on the side of it. There is a control panel alongside the door.

Continue with the group, make sure nothing bad happens.
"I'm fine, that's what you're here for, right?"
You walk with the group as they approach and fiddle with the cargo unit.

((Sigh- RNG... I assumed the rover was already out of the crate. Ah well.))

VERY CAREFULLY, Jim opens the door to the crate and inspects the contents.

"Be careful guys- it's easy to slip."
After experimenting with the control panel for a bit, manage to open the crate. The large door whirs and explodes outward, its all you and the others can do to get out of the way in time.

Why do they always DO that?

You peer inside. There is a large rover with a few boxes on top that. There appears to be a control panel near the front.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:28:46 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Mr.FancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • Um.. I'll get back to you on this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2012, 08:23:41 pm »

Climbs into rover and checks on Jim's vitals.
We should probably radio to the others telling them we got the rover.
You trip over your own feet and your weapon discharges directly into Damien's face. All thats left of his head is a pitifully small pile of ash and a blackened cranial implant. At least the rest of him is okay.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 05, 2012, 08:28:11 pm »

turn on my radio "Well, I've found a pretty flat area of ground, but it has some liquidy stuff nearby it, might want to check that out. i also appear to have found the only rock in this entire field, and lastly some smoke on the horizon. Possibly volcano? What do you guys think?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:56 pm »

Jim carefully clears the boxes away from the rover, taking a seat in it if it's a sealed vehicle. ((Yes, instead of Mr. Fancypants- I need the pressurized environment.))

"I'm fine, I just need to be careful. Everybody, we almost have the rover. As for the site, I'm not sure- check around a bit to make sure it's safe."

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:51 pm »

Make sure all the equipment is loaded onto the rover then walks back outside to look around for anything interesting while i wait for them to get the rover moving

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2012, 08:45:53 pm »

Climbs into rover and checks on Jim's vitals.
We should probably radio to the others telling them we got the rover.
You mount the rover and ask Jim if he's okay. He doesn't reply, instead pointing at the crack on his visor while looking up at you.
Oh dear.

turn on my radio "Well, I've found a pretty flat area of ground, but it has some liquidy stuff nearby it, might want to check that out. i also appear to have found the only rock in this entire field, and lastly some smoke on the horizon. Possibly volcano? What do you guys think?"
You relay your findings to the rest of the team, being sure to include as much detail as possible.

Jim carefully clears the boxes away from the rover, taking a seat in it if it's a sealed vehicle. ((Yes, instead of Mr. Fancypants- I need the pressurized environment.))

"I'm fine, I just need to be careful. Everybody, we almost have the rover. As for the site, I'm not sure- check around a bit to make sure it's safe."

You mount the rover are about to remove the boxes from the top of it when you realise they are screwed on. You read the stencilled lettering on the tops of the two crates closest to you. They say 'SOLR ARRY', and 'LVNG QRTS'.

Make sure all the equipment is loaded onto the rover then walks back outside to look around for anything interesting while i wait for them to get the rover moving
You jump on top of the rover along with Jim, as he struggles to lift the crates.
We should probably leave those there.

Hopping down off the rover, you walk around to the other side of the cargo unit and check out the lava pool. The surface is calm, and the pool appears to be set into bedrock. It probably feeds down into what used to be an underground reservoir of water. You're not sure how lava got there. The pool is much too large for it to be a buried volcano, and you're pretty sure it won't erupt anytime soon.

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 05, 2012, 08:49:09 pm »

Inspect the water more closely, clutch that sheet of metal I ripped off like a shield, holding the wires (If need be).

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 05, 2012, 08:54:41 pm »

Walks back into the container Boot it up and lets get going guys we need to get to the others and get that crack fixed.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 05, 2012, 09:00:41 pm »

Jim settles into the rover and figures out the control panel. Then, he carefully drives over to the others. ((So, is the rover pressurized?))

"Let's go. We can set up the living quarters and fix the crack once we're there."

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #176 on: September 05, 2012, 09:15:41 pm »

Inspect the water more closely, clutch that sheet of metal I ripped off like a shield, holding the wires (If need be).
You approach the 'water' slowly, peering over the edge of your makeshift bulwark. You look closely at the smooth ground, but turn away quickly as the bright sunlight flashes into your eyes. You instead use your shield as an umbrella and block block the light. You look even closer, practically pressing your faceplate up against the ground now. It seems to be some sort of frozen liquid. You think it was recently unearthed, as the smooth surface is beginning to become uneven as the object melts in the morning haze. Its clear and looks an awful lot like water. You lick your lips in anticipation.

Walks back into the container Boot it up and lets get going guys we need to get to the others and get that crack fixed.
As you turn towards the container, you notice the surface of the lava bulge upwards. The bulge is small, and close to the 'shore' of the pool.

Jim settles into the rover and figures out the control panel. Then, he carefully drives over to the others. ((So, is the rover pressurized?))

"Let's go. We can set up the living quarters and fix the crack once we're there."
You hop onto the front edge of the rover and study the control panel [6].

Seems simple enough.

You open the throttle and start forward slowly, easing the rover gently out of the container. The rover is now out of the container at a stop. You look over your shoulder at the others and tell them to get a move on.

((The rover looks like a rover))

exolyx

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2012, 09:22:54 pm »

Hmm, recently unearthed and just starting to melt.... back away carefully, holding up the makeshift shield. There may be a creature underground, head back to the group. Caution is key. Also, he radios this, "I might have found signs of life, I'm coming back, as I'm not really equipped to fight if need be." Get to the closest group.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 05, 2012, 09:29:09 pm »

Jim drives the rover a bit farther away from the lava (towards the other group) and then takes a look around once more.

"Everybody come over to the rover- we can regroup, and it's far enough away from that area." Jim said as he peered over to where the group was.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 05, 2012, 09:31:49 pm »

Draw my pistol and cock it and turn safety off then click my radio "Perrin i got movement out here Jay get us moving
climb onto the back of the rover and use the straps holding the crates in place to secure myself and keep watching the lava
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 55