Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: DF versus RL  (Read 5331 times)

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
Re: DF versus RL
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:42 am »

Oh, I don't remember either. I think it was about vegans but nobody likes them.

So, let's talk about the aspects of the title (DF vs RL).

Dwarf Fortress:
- You can become a total badass
- You can die (much more likely)
- Has adamantine
- Doesn't have titanium, nuclear technology, the Internet, or space travel

Real Life
- Fewer horrifying maulings
- Less improbable stone goods
- Way less slavering monstrosities from the deeps
- Has the Internet, props to that

Real life wins if you have something to lose. Otherwise Dwarf Fortress.
My wooden badge was delicious.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2012, 10:06:55 am »

the fight in not yet over , because DF is under development .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2012, 10:18:27 am »

I could mod titanium in, so theres that. I could also mod giant sky-whales in, does RL have that?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2012, 10:37:11 am »

the fight in not yet over , because DF is under development .
Real life has Dwarf Fortress. Dwarf Fortress does not have Real Life. End of argument.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2012, 10:56:59 am »

And anyway, I compost the apple core in our home compost bin (the county-provided one is used for bones and meat and stuff we don't want to rot right next to our house and attract coyotes).

I REALLY need to get myself a compost bin. After all, it saves money when it comes to buying fertilizer as long as you don't mind the smell. And it means throwing away less food, and actually using it for something useful, such as growing a garden and such.
I live in new york city, in a apartment building on the 7th floor. I don't need a freaking compost heap.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2012, 10:58:44 am »

And anyway, I compost the apple core in our home compost bin (the county-provided one is used for bones and meat and stuff we don't want to rot right next to our house and attract coyotes).

I REALLY need to get myself a compost bin. After all, it saves money when it comes to buying fertilizer as long as you don't mind the smell. And it means throwing away less food, and actually using it for something useful, such as growing a garden and such.
I live in new york city, in a apartment building on the 7th floor. I don't need a freaking compost heap.
Is it true that they pronounce "coffee" like "cwaffee" there?

Also, balconies are lovely things, and if the guy below you plays annoying music just accidentally dump some compost down there.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2012, 11:02:49 am »

Also, balconies are lovely things, and if the guy below you plays annoying music just accidentally dump some compost down there.
Only in movies from the 1930s. Besides, the guy below me makes no music, the guy next dooe does. But he's also insane, and I don't really want to aggravate the crazy bastard more then needed. That guy may have heads in his apartment for all I know.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2012, 11:06:00 am »

You are such a dwarf...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 03, 2012, 11:15:23 am »

dwarves don't exist , its just a stereotype about short people .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #84 on: September 03, 2012, 11:20:54 am »

Well, the problem with that is that if you just chew up a rock or a bunch of minerals, there's a good chance that your throat will be cut to ribbons from a bunch of sharp edges, or you just end up with a big rock sitting in your stomach that you can't actually pass.
...And that they don't contain most of the nutrients vital for life.
I dunno, a healthy adult male could probably live off nothing but clay and water for 3 weeks before dying horribly of malnutrition.

about the fruit seeds , when humans were living with nature , there was no sewers and humans ate all the apple instead of just chewing around it and dumping the core , so the seeds came out from human with free fertilizer .
Regardless the fruit still served its purpose of getting the seeds dispersed.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 03, 2012, 11:27:55 am »

And I'm tallish.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 03, 2012, 11:28:59 am »

i think that a dwarf might be 1.50metre long

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 03, 2012, 11:31:30 am »

Well, the problem with that is that if you just chew up a rock or a bunch of minerals, there's a good chance that your throat will be cut to ribbons from a bunch of sharp edges, or you just end up with a big rock sitting in your stomach that you can't actually pass.
I dunno, a healthy adult male could probably live off nothing but clay and water for 3 weeks before dying horribly of malnutrition.
I think that the male would live just as well off of water and water, more or less.

And I'm tallish.
...It was supposed to be a compliment about how dwarfy you are...
Sig

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 03, 2012, 11:35:37 am »

Oh. Gosh.

Okay, back to making my Comic Sans 16x16 tileset.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89 on: September 03, 2012, 11:37:31 am »

I think that the male would live just as well off of water and water, more or less.
No with just water you'd be looking at 2 weeks tops.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]