Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions  (Read 8753 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Curious, stupid, !!FUN!! and totally Dwarfy executions
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:07 pm »

Webby FBs don't ever also have syndromey stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »

Except when they do...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2012, 02:02:10 pm »

Except when they do...
Isn't it always "Beware its webs" OR "Beware its deadly dust/etc"?
And if not, just don't go for the webby FBs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2012, 02:10:58 pm »

So if web inmunity gives you webbedtrap inmunity that means a dwarf with a web collection job active would be pretty much safe and actually able to clean the traps if needed? if this is true a silk farm with some modifications would make a hell of an entrance keeping you safe from pretty much anything besides the rare FB with "Beware its webs".

And adding this to a room with a controled path to the circus could make it possible to have an actual circus! with clowns included and  elephants if you're feeling specially sadistic, fuck the dragon pit! this is even better.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2012, 02:38:26 pm »

Except when they do...
FB spiders can have poisonous bites, webs and an extra.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2012, 02:51:28 pm »

Except when they do...
FB spiders can have poisonous bites, webs and an extra.
Okay, only use webbed cage traps on the ones without webs! Geez! Have I made myself clear?
Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »

Okay, only use webbed cage traps on the ones without webs! Geez! Have I made myself clear?
Or, webs.
Revealing indeed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2012, 03:07:41 pm »

Wasn't the fact that I was giving reasons as to why we didn't need to capture webby FBs clear enough?
...Okay, stupid question.
Sig

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2012, 03:09:48 pm »

Wasn't the fact that I was giving reasons as to why we didn't need to capture webby FBs clear enough?
We are not Synner, Synner wanted to catch a generic FB. That means it could come with webbing abilities, and waltz right over webbed cage traps. The bridge/water bucket method was a beautifully simple method of trapping even webbers.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2012, 03:17:27 pm »

Also, don't FBs with poisonous vapor keep doing their thing through the bars of the cage? I foresee just a little problem with transporting such a cage.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2012, 03:23:42 pm »

We are not Synner, Synner wanted to catch a generic FB. That means it could come with webbing abilities, and waltz right over webbed cage traps. The bridge/water bucket method was a beautifully simple method of trapping even webbers.
Yeah, but how would you transport them?

Also, don't FBs with poisonous vapor keep doing their thing through the bars of the cage? I foresee just a little problem with transporting such a cage.
I don't think creatures can do anything in the cage except emit heat.
Sig

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2012, 04:30:27 pm »

Yes, creatures in cages can affect temperature. They can't use any activated ability to shoot dust or vapor or such, but if they secrete from their skin a substance that turns into vapor, it can be found outside the cage. "Beware its noxious secretions!" indeed.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2012, 04:37:28 pm »

Yes, creatures in cages can affect temperature. They can't use any activated ability to shoot dust or vapor or such, but if they secrete from their skin a substance that turns into vapor, it can be found outside the cage. "Beware its noxious secretions!" indeed.
How often can that happen?
Oops.
Sig

Synner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2012, 09:53:18 pm »

How often can that happen?
Oops.

Dude... you just made me waste 4 HOURS of my time that i will never take back with that dreaded link, not cool.

I also have 5 new favs on the already huge favs list of my browser, again, not cool.
Urist McSpartacus: blood and vomit.
One day this is going to be a show, mark my words.

LumberingOaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2012, 01:22:34 pm »

So if web inmunity gives you webbedtrap inmunity that means a dwarf with a web collection job active would be pretty much safe and actually able to clean the traps if needed? if this is true a silk farm with some modifications would make a hell of an entrance keeping you safe from pretty much anything besides the rare FB with "Beware its webs".

And adding this to a room with a controled path to the circus could make it possible to have an actual circus! with clowns included and  elephants if you're feeling specially sadistic, fuck the dragon pit! this is even better.

Nobody seems to have answered this yet so I'll pitch in what I think happens. I was under the impression that the web collection job only gave web immunity for the duration of the actual task. Any old weaver will take web collection jobs but I think it's only while they go to collect them that they're immune. They'd therefore not be able to clean webbed traps because they'd either just pick up the web and wander off with it or go to clean the trap and get webbed. Which job they'd pick first is not something I can predict accurately.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4