Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53064 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2012, 10:28:08 pm »

The card I mentioned in this post: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=115758.msg3633593#msg3633593

I didn't want to fullclaim it as it has a pass-it-on mechanic built in, and I could have confirmed someone's action if they could give specifics of the card. Nobody among the living is claiming it, though, so it must have come from one of the dead.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 26, 2012, 05:13:42 am »

Leaf: When do attacks from creatures happen? Night or Day? If the Creature has any abilities that come in effect when attacked, do they happen at night or day?
Night to both.

Did Gomazoa die, or does it's ability make it survive an attack and act as a warder?

If exiled cards return to your hand, when do they return? Day or Night? If the wielder dies, do the cards return to their hand or do they show up upon roleflip?[/quote]
I can't discuss what happened, but if Gomazoa blocks (regardless of whether it is killed or not) then it is immediately exiled.  If the player who owns Gomazoa is still alive after the next night it goes back to their hand then.  If the player dies in the meantime it will not show up in their hand.

Does this mean when Gomazoa is attacked with a card that can kill it (ie, higher attack vs def power) both cards will be exiled for the night and return...at dawn?
At the next dawn.  If the attack happened on night one then the cards will be returned on the morning of day three, for instance.

In addition to that (Leaf, please answer this in another sentence.): If a card is exiled due to it's ability, as stated by the Gomazoa, when does it return? If the player dies while it is in the ability-state, is it shown on roleflip? If the Gomazoa is attacked with a higher value attacker, does it die? If so, then does it's ability trigger? If so, then does it still return to it's owner's hand?
It returns after the following night, eg one exiled on night one would return on the morning of day three.  It would not be shown on roleflip in this case.  Gomazoa's ability triggers regardless of whether it is killed in the attack, and both cards would return to their owners' hands in the usual way in this case.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 05:23:19 am by Leafsnail »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 26, 2012, 07:05:41 am »

PFP

...Alright, someone roleblocked me and any duplicate card I have (it seems) OR Deathsword had another card that protected him somehow, with the latter taking priority. Nevertheless, it appears that I didn't attack Gomazoa, then, judging from what you said for if so, I would have my card returned in the following night.

Hapah:
Thanks Leaf!

Tir: I'd wager you've got exactly one post to either tell us what you really did, or come up with a very convincing version of what happened.
I'm curious though, how did you conclude that there are two scum left judging by what you said

Tir: Thank you. I don't believe it adds up, though. Because if you attacked DS N2 as you claimed, both your and his creatures should have been exiled until N3, at which point they would return to your hand. The issue is that DS's creature was in his hand at the time of his death. If it were exiled because it blocked N2, then it should have been exiled (and thus, not revealed with his flip, because it wasn't in his hand) upon his death.

Most important part: Hold your votes, people.
I want Leaf to confirm the mechanics. There are two scum and three votes to hammer, so you'd better be DAMN sure before you put a vote down.[/color]

Leaf: If I successfully blocked with the card Gomazoa and died the same night, would Gomazoa show with my flip?

PPE Yay Leaf is on

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 26, 2012, 09:39:44 am »

Quote from: Tir
I'm curious though, how did you conclude that there are two scum left judging by what you said
Because a one-man scumteam is just a glorified SK and three scum would have hammered already.

(Honestly, I thought it was spelled out in the OP, but apparently it's not. I did seem to remember something about illegal "friendship" activities, though)

I also believe Tolyk to be scum as well, hopefully I can find the time at lunch to type up my reasoning. Nothing rock solid, but it makes sense to me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 26, 2012, 12:22:02 pm »

Some peculiarities (at least from my point of view):
 - Toaster "overkilling" Book
 - some of Tiruin's claims

Also, you're right about hammering I think, Hapah. We have a statistical 40% chance to hit scum (right? Unless the team members were both "card sharks", in which case we might have one? I doubt it.)
Toaster's overkilling of Book is valid. Attacks made by cards happen at the same time unless stated otherwise.

And...are you going to question me about the claims or what?
I was going to, but I was late to the questioning.

We didn't know the second sentence (attacks go at the same time) at the time, did we? I don't think I did.
It seems to me like the only reason Toaster did that was to gain 4 life (which is fine, if you have 1 life left you want to survive), but I think he could've chosen a better target.

Also, you're right about hammering I think, Hapah. We have a statistical 40% chance to hit scum (right? Unless the team members were both "card sharks", in which case we might have one? I doubt it.)
Please explain how you concluded this? My mind is currently fuzzy from researching for Finals and such but I can't get this one right on how statistics gets here.
40% chance to hit scum means that 2/5 players are scum. As Toaster said, we are (likely) at LyLo, since 1 scum on a team is unlikely (that's an SK, and we are up against a *team*), we didn't kill scum yet (if Think wasn't scum, which he probably isn't, since paraphrasing Leafsnail "He didn't have any win conditions other than the Exodia set"), and we would've lost already if there were 3 scum. So, we have 2 scum out of 5 people - that's 2/5=4/10=40/100=40%.

* Tiruin reads back.
This really looks like a fake unvote, but looking at the tags it's not. That's... eh. Clever girl?

Tiruin, if you have been lying this whole time and are just trying to save your skin by lying, it's better to admit it now than when we logically deduce it. If you're a townie and we lynch you, we lose (and you do too). So it's in our interests not to lynch you if you're town. If you're scum... do whatever you want, but you yourself have a big chance of losing if we lynch you, while we have a chance of winning (especially if you have no night kill, or had a one-use one or something).
Townies shouldn't lie, since scum normally lie to hide their actions, right? So even if you said something wrong, on purpose or by accident, it's still best to say exactly what you did and what happened to you. Because your actions and what other people say happened doesn't add up.

That brings up something, though. If Hapah's lying about getting a card and instead roleblocked Tiruin... well, that's a possible situation, isn't it?

PPE: (damn I've forgot to post this...) Basically what Hapah said in reply to Tiruin.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 26, 2012, 12:42:55 pm »

Alright, folks! This is going to have to be a little brief (PPE: lol jk wall-o-text), but I think I can hit the highlights.

As to why I think Tolyk could very well be scum, I can sum up the meat of my suspicions in one word: Synergy.

You all know what synergy is, yeah? Synergy is picking cards that work well together; cards that are much more potent when combined than they are alone. UI's slivers are a good example, if not an elegant one.

Some of us didn't put cards together that synergies well together (I picked Tarot and Tir picked playing cards, for example. Wuba's hand looks like he raided a joke shop). UI built a hand that has a lot of synergy. And someone in the game picked a letter bomb. If you look up the card, it deals 19.5 (out of 20 starting life) to the user when it blows. Whoever submitted it couldn't know about the pass-it-on mechanic that was apparently built in, but they COULD expect a card that, when triggered, will hit a player for nearly all of their health.

And you know what synergies well with a card that hits a player for nearly all of their health once triggered? A card that hits the player (or all players!) for small amounts of damage so that the bomb is fatal when triggered would work very well. That card, ladies and gentlemen, could very well be Forsaken Wastes, yes?

I couldn't make the card numbers work out with any of the dead, so I doubt that it came from them (though it is possible). Of the living, Tir claims playing cards, and picking four playing cards and an MTG card would be unusual. Letter Bomb has absolutely no place in a Sliver deck, especially once you consider that whoever picked it had no idea it would turn out to be a day action. Sliver decks are all about Slivers, all the time.

Which leaves Toaster and Tolyk. Toaster could potentially have had the bomb and fakeclaimed getting hit by it, except for the fact that Tolyk claimed to have seen Toaster get the bomb via Wandering Eye D2. Also consider the fact that the card Tolyk submitted is a creature in the card game, but he claims it as a one-shot spell.

I'd like to reread this post a couple of times, but the bottom line is that I believe Tolyk may be both our Letterbomber and scum.

Toaster: Please answer the question. What happens if the bomb recipient declines the letter?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2012, 01:09:32 pm »

You're forgetting that we could both be scum (which I definitely am not, but you don't know that :P).
I'm not sure that a creature which showed everyone's hands would be interesting to play with.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2012, 01:10:31 pm »

EBWODP: But the second part's metagaming, so disregard that...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2012, 01:11:31 pm »

PFP

There may have been balance issues or corrections, sure, but I would at least expect a creature card submitted to be a creature in the game.

PPE answered anyway lol

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2012, 01:12:37 pm »

PFP

You could both be, sure, but Tir stepped in it pretty bad.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 26, 2012, 02:56:53 pm »

I really need to reread this and I haven't found the time yet, but I can answer the one question I see:

Hapah:  If they refuse, nothing happens and the card stays in my hand.  If you want, I can offer the card to someone to prove I have it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 26, 2012, 03:05:01 pm »

PFP

Tolyk: Can you confirm the above?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 26, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »

* Tiruin reads back.
This really looks like a fake unvote, but looking at the tags it's not. That's... eh. Clever girl?
It's a [me] tag type, not an unvote thing.

Code: [Select]
[me=Your name here]Your words here[/me]
[me=Tiruin]reads back[/me]
Though seeing it now, should've formatted it in another way.

-your thing on lying to me-
Thanks for pointing out the obvious. I know that from the perspective of such, losing is apparent. I had saved from claiming the attack on Deathsword because I was confused on why both my actions were blocked -- Seeing the dead cards, it didn't make sense (until Hapah asked) and until that post over there after what UI said (basically, was checking in on the health thing).

If so, then...he would have 8 life, but...Gomazoa wouldn't be in his hand if UI attacked him as we can all see it. I couldn't have attacked him because my cards specifically attack creatures > Player first, regardless of status of the creature. Now, as nobody among the living else claimed an attack on him (and Deathsword should have at least 2 Health - either the 7/7 sliver or the 1/1 being blocked, then the 1 from the Wastes OR someone else is hiding a claim on an attack @ Deathsword)...

So my vote stays on UI.

There may have been balance issues or corrections, sure, but I would at least expect a creature card submitted to be a creature in the game.
Huh? What game? I have a deck of playing cards...unsure if there's any game in existence that uses those cards like yugi-oh or MTG or any of the other card games. The creature is deduced by what Leaf thinks, I guess.

TolyK
You're forgetting that we could both be scum (which I definitely am not, but you don't know that :P).
I'm not sure that a creature which showed everyone's hands would be interesting to play with.
I can't parse this.

You are trying to say you're town by comparing, and the second sentence has what kind of relation to the first?

Ok...

Also as you said you wanted to say what Hapah said. (is there any term for this situation?)
Quote from: Tir
Because a one-man scumteam is just a glorified SK and three scum would have hammered already.

We all take it that a one-man scumteam is unreasonable at this time? Think seems like a third-party something who steals cards, judging from the erratic movements earlier. I'm operating under the assumption that either there are < ~2 scum left.

Why are you speaking in exact numbers? I didn't see anything about a team in the OP or in any of Leafsnail's posts.

Toaster
Hapah:  If they refuse, nothing happens and the card stays in my hand.  If you want, I can offer the card to someone to prove I have it.
Offer it to me. I'll check on it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 26, 2012, 06:08:52 pm »

EBWOP:

Seeing the OP once more...how can someone die via Right Leg?! It has no current ability to even be a weapon, judging from it's desc.

Leafsnail: Is your flavor for people dying from loss of health the same? 'Taken Out' == 'Lost all his health'?

Because it sounds like Think was...err, assassinated?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 26, 2012, 06:18:21 pm »

Huh? What game? I have a deck of playing cards...unsure if there's any game in existence that uses those cards like yugi-oh or MTG or any of the other card games. The creature is deduced by what Leaf thinks, I guess.
Sorry for being unclear. What I meant was that the card Tolyk claimed (Wandering Eye) is a creature in MTG, but he claims it as a 1-shot spell here. It seems a little odd, is all.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 28