Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 52965 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [5/10]: It cost them an arm and a leg (day three)
« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2012, 09:29:29 am »

That's the second extension used.  Day now ends on Monday, 11pm GMT.

That's midnight for me in GMT+1.

3 votes to lynch, 3 votes to no lynch.

Votecount:
Tiruin (1): Urist Imiknorris
Urist Imiknorris (1): Tiruin
Not voting (3): Hapah, TolyK, Toaster.

One 48 hour extension remains.  2 votes required to activate it.

EDIT: 11pm, not am.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 09:31:48 am by Leafsnail »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2012, 09:46:26 am »

I agree with an Extension, since I can't wrap my head around whether or not Tiruin is lying.
How many times do I have to ask and quote...

It's nice to hear your opinion. Doesn't help, though.
Why aren't you asking me to settle the orange? I mean, if your reason is RL time constraints (or anything else, really), that is understandeable. But what you put down was...something that you aren't trying to figure out judging from the previous posts.

Next, upon a re-read:

I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum. I had (and have) my ideas, but none of them are really strong enough.
I should FoS more, though, I keep forgetting that there's that.

Well, seeing that my card was on Think's body when he died, I guess he stole it from me and then was killed.
Why don't you like voting for people you're not very sure are scum? (Also: Freudian slip)

Also, judging from your answer about your suspicions, you don't/didn't really have any at all. Why not?

As for my suspects, my biggest ones are Zrk2 (for reasons stated above) and you at the moment.
I don't know why I don't like voting for people I'm not very sure are scum. :P Probably because I feel guilty when it turns out that we lynched town.

I do have suspicions, I've already answered that/said that. I'm not 200% sure their scum (obviously), not 70% either, and typically that's below my threshold from "ask many questions" to "beep beep this dude's so totally scum". But Zrk2 is my lynch candidate of people, and after that it starts getting blurred. Probably Book and Toaster, though I haven't dissected some recent posts yet.

Currently, and as compared to posts until this time, why haven't you tried to scumhunt in a way to present information or to clear up personal doubts other than saying them out loud. ((See: Tiruin is lying but...))

So questions:
-this one after the first quote-
And who your suspicions are, why they are so, and what other things you may be saying, please.

And just to humour this, what did you mean by Freudian Slip in this context, UI?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2012, 10:20:32 am »

I'd be posting more if there were a few more hours in a day.  Extend, to start with.

Tiruin:  I sent you the Letter Bomb.  If you're town, don't take it.  If you're scum, please do.

Given that UI and Tiruin have been voting each other for some time, we can make a semi-safe assumption that they are not both town.  If they were, scum could have hammered them.  (This isn't a guarantee of anything at all, though.)

More coming, but wanted that bit out.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2012, 10:25:17 am »

I'd be posting more if there were a few more hours in a day.  Extend, to start with.
Err...it was already extended and the last extension is only a vote away.

Oppose extension until further notice.

Tiruin:  I sent you the Letter Bomb.  If you're town, don't take it.  If you're scum, please do.
Awaiting Leaf's PM.

Given that UI and Tiruin have been voting each other for some time, we can make a semi-safe assumption that they are not both town.  If they were, scum could have hammered them.  (This isn't a guarantee of anything at all, though.)
Speculating ahead, are we now?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 28, 2012, 10:27:02 am »

Unrequest Extend.  Leaf was a PPE that I didn't completely comprehend.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 28, 2012, 10:49:49 am »

Tiruin:  Why has your claim changed so much?  Why couldn't you claim everything up front in one shot, instead of dribbling it:

Take 1
Take 2
Take 3
Take 4
Take 5
Take 6
Take 7
Take 8
Take 9

Your claim is constantly shifting, all over the place, and, crucially, consistently incomplete.  All I see is scum with a bungled claim that's trying like hell to avoid getting caught.

This is your final chance.  I want a full and complete claim from you, with no details omitted.  (If you want to continue your stupidly paranoid non-full name claim, fine, but make the card names unique, at least.)  Start with the original five cards you submitted, then what you did each phase, then what happened to you each phase.  Leave no details out, and make it all clear and concise.  If you can't do this, you are scum through and through.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 28, 2012, 11:51:51 am »

Tiruin:  Also,
Nobody has claimed having the centerpiece, Exodia, yet.

Think had it on him when he died.  Are you paying attention?

TolyK:
Actually, after I sent in my action I realized that Forsaken Wastes would likely kill Toaster, but he seemed like the best kill target at the time. If he had a healing ability, he would def. use it (who wants to be at 1 HP during the night?) and live to tell the tale.

Toaster: I think you were acting strange because you wanted to overkill Book (instead of attacking someone else you thought was scum), basically. It's not enough for me to think that you are scum with a very good precision (is that even correct English?), which is why I'm not voting you.

So I'm suspicious enough to kill but not suspicious enough to vote?  Riiiight.  Please explain this in detail.

Hapah:  Do you intend to claim your mystery card?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 28, 2012, 11:59:26 am »

I don't see how 'changed so much' relates to 'adding in as information came' and specification.

By withholding information, I meant by claiming only part of what happened in the night, with other actions concerning suspicious activity and events kept back in case anyone else slips on the results returned to me. See: Roleblock on me.

Your claim is constantly shifting, all over the place, and, crucially, consistently incomplete.  All I see is scum with a bungled claim that's trying like hell to avoid getting caught.
Explain, please. Show me how it is shifting and show me how it is incomplete, exactly. All I have withholded now are the full names of the cards and I have the suspicion that you're acting on the same premise along with UI.

Quote from: Full Claim and personal notes
Hp Lost in total: 1 -- N2 -- burning sensation -- Most probably Wastes.

Spade: [See: Bookthras' death]

Diamond: [Exactly as it was on the tin @ Link 1]

Heart: If lynched while holding this card, discard all cards instead of death. Is passive, I cannot use it.

Club: One-shot Watcher - Night. Choosing one player, I will know the name and ability of the card used during the night. If no card used, I will know. Discard after use.

Joker: Anytime act (Day/Night), mirror any card in hand, cannot change once mirror'd

D1 - Joker > Diamond. N1 - Summon Diamond, attack Bookthras.
D2 - Spade > Bookthras. N2 - Summon Second Diamond, attack Deathsword (used only the first Diamond here, forgot that attacking doesn't take a turn there) Nevertheless, what happened:

Something blocks my summon, I found my second Diamond exiled. Followed by burning sensation and -1 Hp, then Exiled Diamond returns to my hand -- the only thing I noticed now (regardless of your empty threat) is which was exiled and which was not. Yes, this is totally my fault in understanding because I was taking the wording too seriously.

I asked if anything changed within the night and if I was seeing my cards correctly, I did. Nothing but a -1hp. Assuming that, I attributed the roleblock > summon and the exile > attacker.

PPEdit: Then the below occurred as I re-read the PM.

PPE-Re-read and PM Edit:

I'm an idiot. After reading my PM result twice again, the Diamond I sent out to attack Deathsword succeeded. (there was no result on it's failure, but just a note that I've sent it out to attack Deathsword). It was my Diamond that was going to be summoned which was exiled.

That Diamond returned to my hand the same night...

Quote from: The situation which I cannot fully copy how I wronged it up without quoting the Mod
I have 2 Diamond cards.

My action for N2 was to summon the second Diamond, while ordering an attack on Deathsword.

So I get the knowledge that I sent the Diamond off to hit him, then the results came in on my summoning. Something blocks my attempt (no flavor telling me how) and then I find my second Diamond card exiled (this is where I messed it up, I assumed the attacker and unsummoned defender were both exiled, cleared up via Leaf's post, and to my utter embarrassment then on.

By the word 'second', I assumed that the first was also exiled...until I scanned the results for the ~5th time.)

Insert the terrible burning sensation and -1 Hp here.

Then, I find the second Diamond returning to my hand. Unsummoned.

tl;dr: The attack went through, but my summoning was blocked and exiled and then returned to my hand. No, you cannot know how bad I feel for mistaking the result yet again because it feels much worse in my present condition.

Note
Inb4 succumbing to sleep and partial sickness: I am not RiA'ing nor aiming to appeal to whatever, total word understanding error happened. Feeling like a total idiot. Full claim above, Letter bomb now confirmed (given that it's the only thing claimed that was sent via PM that I received.)

PPE (got that PM about the letter bomb):

I said No.

Guess what? Leafsnail doesn't say the exact card, just a vague somebody is giving a card, thing. Followed by a yes or no. You cannot answer anything else but yes or no, nor can you post anything until you've sent in an answer and received an answer back or the decision will be randomly made.

Nothing happens due to my decision. But I do not know nor can I know the card being offered nor any result if I had taken it otherwise. (I asked.)

Toaster: Answer the questions I asked you, now.

PPE: After Toaster's Take post, before his next post.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 28, 2012, 03:54:27 pm »

Quote from: Toaster
I'd be posting more if there were a few more hours in a day.
Amen to that.

Tir: So what happened changed again? Geez, I'm generally a pretty forgiving and understanding person, but I don't know that I can let you go. And rest up!

So the letter bomb is confirmed, now? I figured it would be, but still good to know.

Quote from: Toaster
Hapah:  Do you intend to claim your mystery card?
I will say that it is beneficial to the recipient, gives the good effect to the recipient and nothing to the user, and they (apparently) have no say in whether to take it or not. I think it came from Book, because it's not an MTG card, and all DS's cards appear to be MTG (and I think Book likes watching me play. Or maybe he felt I'd do good in the lategame? Probably a bit of both).

The only reason I mentioned having it at all is in the off chance that one of the people here passed it to someone N1, and that person passed it to me N2. It could give one or two people confirmed actions, but since nobody is claiming anything to do with it I'd guess I'm the only person among the living who has held it.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 28, 2012, 03:59:04 pm »

Goddammit. Let the cat out of the bag. S'what I get for posting at work, I guess!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »

Day ends in just under 24 hours.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 30, 2012, 08:34:26 pm »

Hooray.

I ask for answers, people go offline and we've got one extension left.

Both UI and Toaster were last active on the 28th September in normal forum time, current time is September 30th and I'm still not doing well with this blasted cold.

Leafsnail: Is it still possible to extend without using the last extension?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 30, 2012, 10:07:40 pm »

Apologies- been too busy lately to do much of anything fun.

Hapah:  Why not fully claim said beneficial card now, since you've said so much about it and no one else has claimed knowledge of it?

Tiruin:  You want enumeration of changes?  Fine.

Take 1:  Initial claim.
Take 2:  Added replica card.
Take 3:  Spelled out a card instead of a short unclear description.
Take 4:  Now the lifesaver card saves from a lynch instead of attack.
Take 5:  First mention of being blocked.
Take 6:  Now one of the cards is exiled.
Take 7:  Finally an explanation of the Ace of Spades, and new information on the duplication.
Take 8:  Now there's a diamond back in your hand. 
Take 9:  Finally we have a claim of the name of the duplicator card.
Take 10 (New!):  Your final and full claim.  Now we have a fuller description of the lifesaver card.

Now... if you honestly think that this claim:

Quote from: Tiruin
Health taken last night = 1Hp It seems we've got personal Health meters (or I've missed the note somewhere)

Cards (No links here):
- of Diamonds: Creature with stats 5/5.  When attacking someone it will always target their creature with the highest combined attack and defence score, even if that creature is out attacking (if the player has no creatures it will instead attack the player).  After use this card remains summoned on your side of the field.

- of Clubs: Watcher type, shows the name and ability used. One-shot

- of Hearts:  Lifesaver-type card

I've removed the full name just in case there are other cards out there that depend on the full name.

Also, I've sent the Ace of Spades @ Bookthras.

I attacked Deathsword N2 because of his...persistence (is that the right word?) of perusing what I already stated about the kill @ D3.

...is not shifting and incomplete compared to this claim:

Quote from: Full Claim and personal notes
Hp Lost in total: 1 -- N2 -- burning sensation -- Most probably Wastes.

Spade: [See: Bookthras' death]

Diamond: [Exactly as it was on the tin @ Link 1]

Heart: If lynched while holding this card, discard all cards instead of death. Is passive, I cannot use it.

Club: One-shot Watcher - Night. Choosing one player, I will know the name and ability of the card used during the night. If no card used, I will know. Discard after use.

Joker: Anytime act (Day/Night), mirror any card in hand, cannot change once mirror'd

D1 - Joker > Diamond. N1 - Summon Diamond, attack Bookthras.
D2 - Spade > Bookthras. N2 - Summon Second Diamond, attack Deathsword (used only the first Diamond here, forgot that attacking doesn't take a turn there) Nevertheless, what happened:

Something blocks my summon, I found my second Diamond exiled. Followed by burning sensation and -1 Hp, then Exiled Diamond returns to my hand -- the only thing I noticed now (regardless of your empty threat) is which was exiled and which was not. Yes, this is totally my fault in understanding because I was taking the wording too seriously.

I asked if anything changed within the night and if I was seeing my cards correctly, I did. Nothing but a -1hp. Assuming that, I attributed the roleblock > summon and the exile > attacker.

...then there's nothing more I can do for you.  You borked your fakeclaim and got caught out on it.  You are scum.

Tiruin.

Now, is that every question you wanted answered?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 30, 2012, 10:17:22 pm »

Nice one Toaster. Very nice to stall until the day end to give this in.

Toaster is scum.

Problems?

> The Ace of Spades was listed upon Book's death, so no new info on your like would've been given.

> I never said that the lifesaver saves from any specific notion, attack is a general term. I withheld it under the assumption that a card thief or card duplicator is still alive.

> Withholding information on dependable circumstances does not point me out as scum -- pertaining to the replica card (and that attack/exile thing which I screwed up via comprehension)

> I claimed THREE DAMN DAYS AGO and you only have time to give it now based on a shoddy case?!

Tell me first, what would I hope to gain from my 'fakeclaim', especially with what the previous circumstances say? Also, what is your take on the Heart? You also forgot to answer every other question that wasn't part of 'enumeration'.

Also, you seem to have skipped some posts that directly say what I intended to say, instead going for the ones that I've messed up regardless.

Now, in short, can you say what is different with the two claims you quoted? I see nothing wrong there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 30, 2012, 10:22:44 pm »

EBWOP: You also came out and posted when called on lurking...when you were obviously able to post days before that.

Toaster.

@All town: Game will not end when I get lynched if there are 2 scum left, though I will be rendered useless in the night with 9hp left. Come on and hit me scumbags.

UI: Though he is busy IRL, I'm currently suspicious of his actions: OMGUS on a vague term followed by having the only full creature deck and who didn't say why at first the creatures can't attack or something along those lines. start.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 28