Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53072 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:39 am »

You make it sound like a tactical thing.

So? It more or less is.

No it isn't. You vote who you think is scum. Unless you are scum, in which case voting is more or less a tactical thing. Thank you for admitting your scumhood.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:24 pm »

Tiruin: Regarding your kill, you've pretty much said that the target is Zrk2. However, what happens if Zrk2 is lynched today? Does the kill get a new target, is it canceled or is simply wasted?
Query: Why are you so interested in that kill?
What, you expect to claim that you're going to kill someone and not attract intrest?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 18, 2012, 12:55:07 pm »

TolyK:
By the way, about UI:
Think:
Not getting killed would be sufficient. As an SK in BYOR9, I was focused on staying unnoticed. Once I decided to be more active about my killing, I got counterkilled instantly.
This seems to be what you're doing this game as well, to some extent.
What are your scumpicks now that Web's found out as town and Think as evil third party?
To what extent?
Not sure. You don't seem very active. Although the lurker tracker says you have 21 posts, you haven't really caught my attention.

I generally don't like voting for people I'm not very sure I'm scum. I had (and have) my ideas, but none of them are really strong enough.
I should FoS more, though, I keep forgetting that there's that.

Well, seeing that my card was on Think's body when he died, I guess he stole it from me and then was killed.
Why don't you like voting for people you're not very sure are scum? (Also: Freudian slip)

Also, judging from your answer about your suspicions, you don't/didn't really have any at all. Why not?

As for my suspects, my biggest ones are Zrk2 (for reasons stated above) and you at the moment.
I don't know why I don't like voting for people I'm not very sure are scum. :P Probably because I feel guilty when it turns out that we lynched town.

I do have suspicions, I've already answered that/said that. I'm not 200% sure their scum (obviously), not 70% either, and typically that's below my threshold from "ask many questions" to "beep beep this dude's so totally scum". But Zrk2 is my lynch candidate of people, and after that it starts getting blurred. Probably Book and Toaster, though I haven't dissected some recent posts yet.

I'll be back with some post-intestines, just gotta finish some homework now...

PPE:
Apologies, I've been away. I'll catch up and make a post tomorrow.
Please do.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 18, 2012, 01:15:22 pm »

Mod, votecount, please.
No changes since the last one.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2012, 03:02:17 pm »

You make it sound like a tactical thing.

So? It more or less is.

No it isn't. You vote who you think is scum. Unless you are scum, in which case voting is more or less a tactical thing. Thank you for admitting your scumhood.

That's what I meant. I was going back to decide who was scummiest so I could vote for them. Surely that falls under the definition of "tactical."

Mod, votecount, please.
No changes since the last one.

I've been missing too much. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be more present.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 18, 2012, 08:53:14 pm »

5 votes required to lynch.  4 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:15am GMT time, on Thursday the 20th of September.

Votecount:
Book (3): Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah
Zrk2 (3): TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Deathsword
Deathsword (1): Zrk2
Not voting (1): Bookthras

3 votes required to extend, 3 extensions remaining.

All players have posted since the last mod update.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 19, 2012, 02:19:03 am »

Again, apologies for lack of posting. I'll be away through the weekend, with very little chance to post. Leaf: if you think it'll help the game, I'm OK with being replaced.

I found only one question pending for me:
Haha.  Please, tell me; what exactly am I trying to get the town to go along with?
At the time, wuba's plan. That was clear from context: I thought he was pushing for a coordinated D1 plan, and your "coordination works, listen to wuba" seemed to me like you were trying to get the town to go along with it.

Book: You've got questions pending.
Please link me. That's the only one I saw.

Can't do a full reread at the moment, but I find the wagon on Zrk2 rather puzzling; I'd appreciate it if those voting him could briefly restate your case. Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah: please briefly also restate your case on me.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 19, 2012, 11:14:22 am »

UI:
That's rather an extreme edge case, isn't it?  I can counter your counter with a case where such a thing backfired badly.
On the contrary, you reinforced my counter by providing another example of nonscum bluffing.

It's still almost always a bad idea.  A better supporting point would be RL1 where a townie fakeclaimed the Priest class and successfully WIFOMed the scum team.  (But that's all irrelevant.  If he makes a claim and it's proved to be false, he's a liar and should hang.  Until then, it's pretty much a null tell.)

Book:
I found only one question pending for me:
Haha.  Please, tell me; what exactly am I trying to get the town to go along with?
At the time, wuba's plan. That was clear from context: I thought he was pushing for a coordinated D1 plan, and your "coordination works, listen to wuba" seemed to me like you were trying to get the town to go along with it.

And what plan is that?

Basically, you are scum because of your giant and continual misrepresentation of Web's and my points about town coordination.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 19, 2012, 02:53:38 pm »

We're at a tie... is this good or bad? Lynching no-one would allow more night play to happen, but potential killers/scum would be able to do their things. If Tiruin really has a kill, then Zrk2's probably dying this night. If he doesn't, we'll have questions for Tiruin. It's possible that a mafiakill will happen as well, if there is such a thing in this game, so we could be down two people this night.

If folks suspect Book enough, it might be a good idea to lynch him and see if Zrk2 dies this night. But I think we should give him time to 'splain.

But Extend as I probably will be sleeping IRL when the day ends...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 19, 2012, 02:59:14 pm »

EBWODP:
Book: He changed stances on the Wuba thing, first seemingly supporting it then joining the bandwagon when people pointed something out to him (mostly Toaster iirc). Then he didn't read Wuba's posts (his 'main suspect') fully to see that his questions were answered, and even later when we started pressing him on that he stuck to a part of what he said before. I might be a little bit off, but that's basically the case.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 19, 2012, 03:18:06 pm »

Zrk2 is my second choice, so I would break the tie in his favor.  I should be able to check quickly before day ends to see if no one else has voted Book.  (I'd much rather he hang.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 19, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »

Can't do a full reread at the moment, but I find the wagon on Zrk2 rather puzzling; I'd appreciate it if those voting him could briefly restate your case.
He voted web right after he got called out on FoSing him without voting, and he FoS'd him in the first place right after he got questioned on his support of web's view. His stated reason for voting web was that web hadn't come up with a D1 plan, which is totally unreasonable because there was nowhere near enough information available for anyone to come up with a plan.
[/quote]
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 19, 2012, 06:16:14 pm »

So no one else will break it?  Fine.

Zrk2.  He's been self preservationist and trying to put words in my mouth as well as his reactionary voting on Wuba for some of the same fictional reasons that Book is spouting.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 19, 2012, 07:06:56 pm »

You've forced my hand. I hate to do this, but unvote, vote Book.

If it'll help here's a roleclaim:

King of High House Death: Let's me talk with one dead player over the night. [1 shot]

Knight of High House Dark: (4/3) For one night it can transform into a 10/10 creature.

Assassin of High House Shadow: (1/1) When it attacks if I name a creature held by that person then it dies and this card survives.

Magi of High House Dark: (2/6) If it survives an attack then I learn the names of all cards summoned by the person I attacked.

Master of the Deck: It can give any card that is still in play to the player I name. [1 shot]

I have summoned the Magi of High House Dark.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 28