Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Bring Your Own Cards: Sliver Sign "All-destroying terror flood" (game over!)  (Read 53077 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Bring Your Own Cards [8/10]: A bitten shark (day two)
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2012, 07:35:07 pm »

Deathsword:
Zrk2, well, I was quite undecided about him until recently, truth be told. Looking at other's cases changed my mind. First, as stated by UI, he briefly supported Web before turning on him, voting because he wasn't going to forgive Web not paying much attention to him. Then he accused Web of backpedaling, when the one that backpedal'd was him. As pointed by Tiruin, Web DID answer your questions (not going to re-link, just look above). Thus, he lied. And who lies? Scum.

If people wanted to know other people's opinions about a person, they'd read their posts.  How about you come up with some original content?

What would be the implications of Tiruin bluffing about his claimed kill?

Zrk2:  Regarding Deathsword, how relevant is it that his bandwagon vote is on you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2012, 08:17:49 pm »

What? Am I not allowed to change my opinion? If no one changed their opinions there would be no point even posting here, now would there? I don't think changing my opinion based on a change in the game is a problem.
But the only change in the game is that you were called out for your previous stance. And then you changed it. And then someone else questioned you on that. And you changed it again.

I'm working on that as we speak. I should have my vote selected sometime tonight.
You make it sound like a tactical thing.

Furthermore I was simply elaborating more on my case after my first argument seemed insufficient. You asked, so I answered.
I wasn't the one who asked.

When someone says that something "ALWAYS" works then you expect them to put that to work ASAP, because to do otherwise only hurts our chances of victory.
a) Show me where he said it "ALWAYS" works.
b) Again, it was D1. Expecting a plan to emerge with the amount of information available was unreasonable. Voting him because he didn't come up with one based on that dearth of information was scummy as hell.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

5 votes required to lynch.  4 votes required to no lynch.  Deadline is 1:15am GMT time, on Thursday the 20th of September.

Votecount:
Book (3): Toaster, Tiruin, Hapah
Zrk2 (3): TolyK, Urist Imiknorris, Deathsword
Deathsword (1): Zrk2
Not voting (1): Bookthras

3 votes required to extend, 3 extensions remaining.

Hapah, TolyK and Bookthras have not posted since the last mod update.  Prods will be sent.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2012, 08:36:42 pm »

Toaster and Zrk2: Tell me, how am I supposed to make an original case if all scummy acts have already been covered by someone else? So because someone was faster than me, I am parroting and bandwagonning?

If that is the case, I can claim that Zrk2 is doing an OMGUS, since he only turned his attention to me after I voted him.

Toaster, as I said in my post, lying is scummy. VERY much so. So, if it is a bluff (also known as a lie), then Tiruin's scum. We'll see this tonight.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2012, 08:44:52 pm »

Toaster, as I said in my post, lying is scummy. VERY much so. So, if it is a bluff (also known as a lie), then Tiruin's scum. We'll see this tonight.
I presented a counterpoint to this yesterday: In Roguelike Mafia 4, Hapah (town) fakeclaimed a result that caught Bookthras (scum) out in a fakeclaim of his own. So please, think out your argument further.

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2012, 09:45:36 pm »

Deathsword:
Toaster and Zrk2: Tell me, how am I supposed to make an original case if all scummy acts have already been covered by someone else? So because someone was faster than me, I am parroting and bandwagonning?

If that is the case, I can claim that Zrk2 is doing an OMGUS, since he only turned his attention to me after I voted him.

If someone has mentioned your points already, present the information in your words instead of "PlayerA said this and he's right and PlayerB said this and I agree."  Mentioning his OMGUS now is a start.

Since Tiruin's statement is unprovable until then, it's hard to use it as an argument that he is scum.

UI:
I presented a counterpoint to this yesterday: In Roguelike Mafia 4, Hapah (town) fakeclaimed a result that caught Bookthras (scum) out in a fakeclaim of his own. So please, think out your argument further.

That's rather an extreme edge case, isn't it?  I can counter your counter with a case where such a thing backfired badly.

Zrk2:
Zrk2
Dat bandwagon. Classy.

Why didn't you mention this the first time you quoted this post?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:26 pm »

Deathsword:
Since Tiruin's statement is unprovable until then, it's hard to use it as an argument that he is scum.
That's why I said it's a feeling.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2012, 11:17:48 pm »

Physics labs are not fun time-wise. I need to reread the thread, and I should have a post up by tonight.
Ahhh, physics lab. Good times, good times. I met my fiance there!

Zrk2: I don't see what Web said as backpedaling. How can "don't just think about yourself" be called scummy?

The saying group plans "ALWAYS" work is what bothered me.
I don't see it. I'd say you're taking liberties, but alright. So that was enough for the lynch, I guess?

Hapah:

So Think was an SK? I thought there was one, but I didn't really think that Think was it.
Why did you Think there was a SK? See what I did there?
I figured (correctly, apparently) that some sort of SK or Doomspeaker 3rd party put in the Exodia cards and had to piece them back together.

Hapah:

So Think was an SK? I thought there was one, but I didn't really think that Think was it.
I figured (correctly, apparently) that some sort of SK or Doomspeaker 3rd party put in the Exodia cards and had to piece them back together.

Book: Care to join us?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

PFP

Deathsword, it's called scumhunting for a reason.

You catch scum, in the act.

Anywhoo, I already stated my target (hover mouse pointer over that mark), if he doesn't die by tomorrow, then either he was protected, I was roleblocked or someone redirected me.

Hapah

Hapah:

Hapah:

Doomspeaker, wut?

Toaster

That's rather an extreme edge case, isn't it?  I can counter your counter with a case where such a thing backfired badly.
There's a difference between what happened there and what is happening here (If I'm correct, you're referring to a fake cop claim at LYLO?)

Nice work Deathsword, you do plan to do something tonight about me, then?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2012, 12:09:01 am »

Anywhoo, I already stated my target (hover mouse pointer over that mark)
Huh?

On the contrary, you reinforced my counter by providing another example of nonscum bluffing.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2012, 12:11:17 am »

Anywhoo, I already stated my target (hover mouse pointer over that mark)
Huh?

Alsoalso, I've a vig card right here that will kill someone tomorrow.
Tomorrow as in this night, next day, or next night? And why are you even saying that?
Why would you even say that? Are you bluffing so people attack you and thus trigger an ability from one of your cards? If you are serious, why tell everyone that?
Oh look at the first assumption that you bring. Why the reasoning of attack, hmm? You assume too much from such a statement, Deathsword. Scared?

@DS, ToylK and anyone else: I'm serious because I plan to use it (yes, I have to use it ere D3, post-D1) for it to work. Currently, on those scumbags out there.

That.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2012, 04:04:56 am »

Apologies, I've been away. I'll catch up and make a post tomorrow.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2012, 06:29:57 am »

Tiruin: Regarding your kill, you've pretty much said that the target is Zrk2. However, what happens if Zrk2 is lynched today? Does the kill get a new target, is it canceled or is simply wasted?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2012, 06:33:32 am »

Tiruin: Regarding your kill, you've pretty much said that the target is Zrk2. However, what happens if Zrk2 is lynched today? Does the kill get a new target, is it canceled or is simply wasted?
Query: Why are you so interested in that kill?

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2012, 10:43:38 am »

Zrk2:  Regarding Deathsword, how relevant is it that his bandwagon vote is on you?

It displeases me, but it isn't relevant to whether or not it was a bandwagon vote.

You make it sound like a tactical thing.

So? It more or less is.

a) Show me where he said it "ALWAYS" works.

Seriously, guys. What is this? This "Do whatever you want" mentality. There's a reason the "Do what I tell you" mentality works. There's a reason the "All follow the plan" mentality works. Likewise, there is a reason the "Multiple separate plans" mentality FAILS.

Not usually, not sometimes; this WORKS, and that FAILS. He leaves no room for exceptions.

You could go back and collect your own quotes and give your own two cents, to show that you have actually thought it through, and besides, if you are convinced that someone is scum then you should be willing to make the case again, in the hopes of converting more people.

Why didn't you mention this the first time you quoted this post?

Because at the time my purpose of posting was to respond to his questions, the second time I was more commenting on the content of his posts, and the tone. The second one was a more generalized comment and I thought it should have been pointed out.

That is still a large jump in logic to assume that only a SK would use them. Since roles sent in do not affect alignment it is possible that a townie would have them.

If the roles sent in did affect alignment then it would most likely be a survivor who had them because they say nothing about having to kill others to survive.

Mod, votecount, please.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28