Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Robocop reboot  (Read 4515 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
The Robocop reboot
« on: September 01, 2012, 12:07:48 am »

Do you still remember RoboCop, the half-man half-machine (cyborg) law enforcer with superhuman strength? If you are born in the 80’s he might have been your childhood hero that is in the ranks of Superman, Batman and Spiderman. For the unfamiliar younger generation out there, RoboCop is a 1987 American science fiction film set in futuristic Detroit, Michigan. The story revolves around a veteran police officer named Alex Murphy that was murdered on his first patrol on the said city. OCP (Omni Consumer Products) or OmniCorp then takes his body to be used in the cyborg program called ‘RoboCop’ making him the first RoboCop.

According to IMDb the upcoming RoboCop 2013 should be expected to launch on August 9 2013. This time Joel Kinnaman (Easy Money, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo etc.) is set to play the role of Alex Murphy. His antagonist, Dick Jones to be played by Hugh Laurie (Mr. Bunny’s voice in the movie Hop) is the evil CEO of OmniCorp that will send an ED-209 war robot to destroy RoboCop.

In the new movie ‘RoboCop 2013’, the same ED-209 was used but this time the robot is redesigned perhaps equipped with powerful weapons and armor that can withstand against tanks. Also there’s a new addition to the gang that is set to protect a city, an unmanned aerial vehicle XT-908 that is similar to a drone in size but looks like a stealth fighter. It can be deployed within the city to spy on the streets looking for criminals using its face recognition technology. You can check these out on the real OmniCorp website – www.omnicorp.com, no I’m just kidding. The site exists only for the purpose of promoting the movie.

By the way if you’re looking for online movie services you can now sign-up for a free trial of Hulu Plus RoboCop Rebooted To Hit Movie Houses in 2013 account!
robocop 2013 joel kinnaman s RoboCop Rebooted To Hit Movie Houses in 2013

Last but not the least, there’s a not yet revealed robot that was only known as the RC-2000 found in the OmniCorp site. Have you seen it?  Could it be the robot technology that will be used to build the next RoboCop? Tell us what you think by posting your comments below.
http://www.kompyuteran.com/2012/07/robocop-rebooted-to-hit-movie-houses-in-2013/

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This movie is also going to be PG-13. Because everyone was clamoring for ANOTHER pg-13 robocop movie, remember how well Robocop 3 played out?
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: The Robocop reboot
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:12:42 am »

Damn it. They already made a shitty Total Recall reboot, do they need to potentially ruin the one good thing Detroit has going for it?  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 12:16:30 am »

Damn it. They already made a shitty Total Recall reboot, do they need to potentially ruin the one good thing Detroit has going for it?  :P
True, I always saw robocop's crime infested setting, with it's corrupt police force and rampant murders to be one of the greatest advertisements available for detriot.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 12:32:50 am »

What else are they going to advertise, their coyotes?  :P

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:42:54 am »

Is there any license from the 1980s that's not going to get a shitty over-produced remake?  I thought we were done with this shit already when The Smurfs bombed as hardcore as it deserved.

A PG-13 RoboCop reboot.  The fuck, man.

I wonder if it'll be filmed in Dallas again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 12:50:26 am »

What else are they going to advertise, their coyotes?  :P

Like abandoned buildings.

How about a reboot of Death Wish, except with Nic Cage in the starring role, and as a mockery of the NRA instead of propaganda for it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 01:17:40 am »

Does... the guy that wrote that article realize he sounds like a tool? I mean, completely ignoring Robocop's sequelitis track record, just reading the plot synopsis I know this movie is going to be bad.

"It's like, the other Robocop movie, with the exact same stuff, but the bad guy robot is better than before!"
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 04:18:51 am »

It seems Hollywood has instead of making quality stories and screenplays decided to hail to an already established audience for money.
Translation:
REMAKE EVERYTHING, IN 3D.
And they wonder why they're failing...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 04:39:56 am »

It seems Hollywood has instead of making quality stories and screenplays decided to hail to an already established audience for money.
Translation:

IT MUST BE DA INTERWEBZ STEALING OUR MONIES!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2012, 03:02:37 pm »

a PG-13 Robo Cop reboot?
it is going to suck big time.
the way it takes police militarization, uban crime and gore to such levels that it starts being funny,that feel will not be copyed.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2012, 03:21:50 pm »

And this is why we can't have nice things, Hollywood.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2012, 05:20:29 pm »

Translation:
I thought it was the fact they've run out of creativity and now just do the same films with new actors and a new name, and to try and make up for it, they add explosions.
And here is my well thought out response.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 05:22:42 pm »

This is why we can't have nice things.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:54 pm »

Translation:
I thought it was the fact they've run out of creativity and now just do the same films with new actors and a new name, and to try and make up for it, they add explosions.

It's been firmly established that creativity isn't some scarce resource that ran out recently. It's just profitable to remake things for new young audiences that have not seen those movies everybody older than them talk about.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2012, 05:49:00 pm »

and here is my response to your response.
I love Nicolas Cage :P
Though seriously, is there no movie he hasn't done?!

It's been firmly established that creativity isn't some scarce resource that ran out recently. It's just profitable to remake things for new young audiences that have not seen those movies everybody older than them talk about.
Ya-ta-ta-ta-ta.
I felt linking this would be better than linking all the remakes that bombed in the box office charts.
Forgot to link theeeees
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 05:54:22 pm by Loud Whispers »
Pages: [1] 2