Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Hopestarved:succession game  (Read 16096 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Hopestarved:succession game
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2012, 12:32:34 am »

Sooo............. WHere's the save then?

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2012, 07:37:31 am »

Sooo............. WHere's the save then?

well, he just said the computer it was on shorted, and GWG never gave one for his (which apparently had issues as well), so looks like you have to go back a few pages for before GWG's turn.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2012, 11:35:38 am »

Alrighty, downloading the most recent save I think I had available. I'll get started as soon as possible.

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:14 am »

I'd like a dorf and a turn, no preference on skills.

Good read so far.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 12:08:14 pm »

Ok, so the game says 21st of limestone, so I'll just play through the remainder of the turn and mine. Updates soon!

EDIT: Bataille is is now among the populous. You are a mason with a preference for chalk, billion, alpacas and shortswords.

EDIT II:

A dwarf is meandering about the halls of Hopestarved when she runs across a book laying the middle of the floor, it's carry chain broken. She picks it up an examines it, finding it to be an overseer's log with many pages left to fill.

She was a smith by trade, her name a tool of healing, Splint. She was in charge of the militia of the settlement, but sadly lacked any recruits. She also noticed a worker behaving strangely, saying something about metal. So she ordered some exploratory shafts dug in a desperate bid to save the dwarf. Madness is no good end for a dwarf, and he could make something useful, or at least attract more potential recruits....

She looked at the surface and saw it as an utter mess. A poorly erected stockade that didn't even have a bridge or access to the water they had! She'd rectify this, most certainly. We have stone aplenty, so a good solid stone wall would be very useful! And maybe she could have the others put up a water mill...

[Ok, so a fairly feeble update, but an update all the same. I was under the impression we had clay and was going to use adobe for expanding fortifications, but the piles of mudstone will do in a pinch. I've claimed the milita commander as my own, since she appears to be the only soldier we actually have really, since the hunters are.... Well they're hunters. I'll have to go back and edit in the exporatory shaft picture.]

Bataille

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2012, 01:47:30 pm »

Preference for shorswords? What are his attributes? Maybe he's a sword-fighter in the rough!

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2012, 01:50:13 pm »

If you feel like it, can you give someone the profession "the masked dwarf?" Not sure if I want a turn or not, but I thought I'd ask.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 01:54:36 pm »

We have a slew of unclaimed dwarves, so if you want one anyway for the hell of it i can dwarf you.

inspiredsimji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

Excellent, an update! Best of luck!

Exitstrategy

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no exit! Oh, Armok! The !!magma!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2012, 04:08:00 pm »

I would like to be dorfed, if possible. Preferably a male mechanic, or something military if that isn't possible. I've never done a succession game, but I'd like to give things a go, if you're still accepting future leaders.
Since when has Dwarf Fortress been about doing things the easy way?

I do believe that it is in part about unnecessarily abusing the opportunities that are presented to you.

xana55

• Bay Watcher
  • Booze Detected: Initiating Drinking Protocal
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »

Two more future leaders have been added and a mayor has (finally) taken over the fortress, best of luck to you splint.
I would like to apologize for my absence but IRL has been keeping me fairly busy for the past few days.

Edit: Make that three leaders, you guys really have been busy!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:10:35 pm by xana55 »
Urist The Foolish: Beheaded by a swarm of cats 379 BC.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2012, 08:28:00 am »

Please, also dwarf me as an administrator of some kind.
Splint, as you've taken over after all this RL hassle, could you dwarf me up? My request still stands for a record keeper/manager. Thanks preemptively, mate!
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 03, 2012, 10:43:13 am »

When I get my bearings it won't be a problem. I need to shift the graphics though, the current set up is making me thing I'm surrounded by flux when it's just piles phylite or some such nonesense.

Exitstrategy

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no exit! Oh, Armok! The !!magma!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:10 pm »

Before I slow my turn down asking later, how do you take/upload pictures from the game?
Since when has Dwarf Fortress been about doing things the easy way?

I do believe that it is in part about unnecessarily abusing the opportunities that are presented to you.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 03, 2012, 02:40:11 pm »

alt printscreen on a normal keyboard. paste into paint, save as a .png and then use the image hosting site of your choosing. Usually I use tinypic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17