Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: LCS 4.06.5 Download (Bank Heists, Mar 2013)  (Read 92926 times)

Cioffi888

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Liberty or Death!
    • View Profile
Re: LCS 4.06.3 Download (Bank Heists, Sept 2012)
« Reply #330 on: December 20, 2012, 08:08:18 pm »

Ummm, help, when I try to launch the Crime squad.exe, on my mac os x with wine, i get an error saying FAILED TO LOAD SITEMAPS.txt, FAILED TO LOAD VEHICLES.txt. etc. can someone help.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 21, 2012, 08:57:42 pm »

odd as last time i looked at the code there nothing about car age.(Police Cruisers do give a 2+ bonus)
I've not been able to buy an older-model car.  (My LCS tends to go for vans, bugs, those Liberal sorts of vehicles, and no sense alienating whoever we'd be stealing the car from--they could be a potential Liberal.)  If usr_share's LCS stole the '00 sports car (apologies, usr_share--not meaning to imply that you're some sort of car thief), perhaps there's a modifier for stolen-cars?
may be the bunker should have be all a no public space area and have a lot more heavy armored CCS guys, maybe a in Praetorian Guard armed with machine guns.
by the time you get to the bunker the ccs has handed out the guns and plans to make it final stand.
Support.  The Bunker is outside of town; there's no need for a Front, and it'd be nice to see the M249 outside of Treason charges.  (I'd up-gun only the Hardened Veterans for versimlitude's sake--not everyone can effectively wield a SAW on their own, and they don't have *that* much ammunition.)  Would prefer having increased CCS endurance there--perhaps the LCS would need to neutralize 30-40 CCS rather than the 15-20 it seems like they do now.

Nasty idea: give the CCS the same support-fire* ability the LCS has when defending its safehouse.  Problem is, that'd make Heavy Armor nigh-mandatory and argue strongly for having persistent CCS stats, which I'm not sure the engine supports.

*Basically, all Liberals (or in this hypothetical, Conservatives) present in the building travel as a unit.  There are six front-liners fighting as usual--and after those six take a combat turn, every other member who has a firearm gets to shoot as well--before the opposition gets to go.  If you know that an assault is coming, arming everyone makes for a fairly safe time.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 22, 2012, 04:15:36 am »

odd as last time i looked at the code there nothing about car age.(Police Cruisers do give a 2+ bonus)
I've not been able to buy an older-model car.  (My LCS tends to go for vans, bugs, those Liberal sorts of vehicles, and no sense alienating whoever we'd be stealing the car from--they could be a potential Liberal.)  If usr_share's LCS stole the '00 sports car (apologies, usr_share--not meaning to imply that you're some sort of car thief), perhaps there's a modifier for stolen-cars?

Both cars were absolutely legally purchased at the dealership, in 2000 and 2010 respectively :)

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33:44 am »

Both cars were absolutely legally purchased at the dealership, in 2000 and 2010 respectively :)
I'm glad to hear that.  Game starts in 2009 though, IIRC.  I'm not sure how your LCS would be able to get to a car dealership in 2000...so either you got the dealership to see you a rather old sports car that someone had traded in, you know more than I do about acting before the start date (is your LCS based in Oklahoma?), or your LCS wasn't doing the buying.  No matter.

[For the record, I modified my game to let Vans be bought at the dealership.  $10K/$8K with sleeper, Driving 1.  Got tired of having VW bugs with six Army-armored Liberals carrying M4s--that's more Liberal Syndicate Squad, if you get my meaning.]

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 22, 2012, 12:11:18 pm »

So what you're saying is.
We should tax Santa.

No but if he was considered Liberal (ignoring that both sides would probably claim Santa would be part of their political party)

Then the Conservatives could try to steal X-Mas

Which oddly enough given the sheer number of times stopping santa has ended Xmas... it has somehow become a non-denominational holiday >_<

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 22, 2012, 04:33:37 pm »

So what you're saying is.
We should tax Santa.

No but if he was considered Liberal (ignoring that both sides would probably claim Santa would be part of their political party)

Then the Conservatives could try to steal X-Mas

Which oddly enough given the sheer number of times stopping santa has ended Xmas... it has somehow become a non-denominational holiday >_<

How about a Christmas issue?

L+: Christmas has been replaced by a nonsectarian winter holiday.
L: Christmas is predominantly a secular holiday.
M: Christmas holds both religious and secular connotations.
C: Christmas is considered mostly a religious holiday.
C+: Santas are rounded up at gunpoint and attempts to secularize Christmas are illegal.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

usr_share

• Bay Watcher
  • "For great justice!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 23, 2012, 09:59:02 am »

I'm glad to hear that.  Game starts in 2009 though, IIRC.  I'm not sure how your LCS would be able to get to a car dealership in 2000...so either you got the dealership to see you a rather old sports car that someone had traded in, you know more than I do about acting before the start date (is your LCS based in Oklahoma?), or your LCS wasn't doing the buying.  No matter.

[For the record, I modified my game to let Vans be bought at the dealership.  $10K/$8K with sleeper, Driving 1.  Got tired of having VW bugs with six Army-armored Liberals carrying M4s--that's more Liberal Syndicate Squad, if you get my meaning.]

Oh, sorry - my mistake. I put '00 and '10 just for am example. The actual run probably had '10 and '13 or something like that.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 23, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »

OK, fair enough, usr_share.  Thanks for the clarification.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 24, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »

If it ever was included Sealystar it would probably need to be downplayed.

How possible is it to add special days into the game? Like Leprecaun day?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 24, 2012, 03:28:29 pm »

If it ever was included Sealystar it would probably need to be downplayed.

How possible is it to add special days into the game? Like Leprecaun day?

It was mostly a joke.

However, there does seem to be some way of adding days, like elections, new months, and member birthdays.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #340 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:10 am »

We run code every day and every month. We can insert code in one of those blocks that checks the current date and does unusual things for that. We can also check the date elsewhere if unique days were more than just one-off events (for example, if they opened up a new area or something).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2013, 08:36:47 pm »

So the game could not only have Presidents day, but a Presidents day parade location that opens up only for that day as well.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2013, 08:46:32 pm »

Assassinate the pres? Dude! Do it!

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 10, 2013, 01:59:15 am »

We need splash damage. Makes tanks even more fearsome.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS 4.06.4 Download (Bank Heists, Jan 2013)
« Reply #344 on: January 28, 2013, 01:50:21 am »

I've just updated the OP with a new download link and changelog, reflecting the changes made (mostly by other people) over the last few months.

Many, many smaller improvements! Thank you to everyone who pitched in to make these changes!
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36