Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512662 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4740 on: November 02, 2021, 01:27:39 am »

A bit of a repeat (or just deja vu) - I was playing an idealized version of modded Minecraft, very 3D with dizzying heights and depths.  Don't ask me how this was balanced or fair, but meteors were regularly falling within all loaded chunks.  It was relatively easy to "shield" areas from them, using energy generated via Thermal Expansion or Industrialcraft, but this led to a gradual expansion of shielded islands - and each expansion led to more of the "natural" terrain being bombarded into oblivion (because I was close enough to load it into Minecraft's actively simulated space).  Eventually these areas would be replaced with more floating, shielded arcologies...  but sometimes I tried to extend rapidly, preserving some natural areas before they could be shattered.

Meaningless mounds of uneven grass covered in useless flowers.  Preciously unique, guarded by my expanding machine.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: November 08, 2021, 03:37:44 am »

Last night I dreamt I was in a civic center.  My mask was different.  Instead of black, it was octarine a pleasant shade of dark magenta I associate with being... comfortable with myself.

One of the straps broke, though.  I had to hold it to my face as I wandered through these vaulted corridors of stately architecture.  Through arches, I glimpsed a couple of assembly rooms - what were they doing, packing so close?

So that's me anticipating my trip to DC tomor- er, today.

There was also a half-remembered bit with ambiguous lumps of specifically-colorful material, with emotive eyes.  They swarmed around my hand and also each other.
"Oh, I'm dreaming about Steven Universe" I remember thinking.  I haven't seen the show yet.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: November 12, 2021, 06:33:35 pm »

A bit of a repeat (or just deja vu) - I was playing an idealized version of modded Minecraft, very 3D with dizzying heights and depths.  Don't ask me how this was balanced or fair, but meteors were regularly falling within all loaded chunks. [...]

It's a metaphor for creepers. Thanks, Notch!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: November 13, 2021, 08:56:23 pm »

Dreams are definitely wild.

I had one where I had a group of people with guns trying to kill me.  I was trapped in an old building with concrete block walls.  It was mostly dark, but enough light to see, like a bit after the sun sets, and all the windows are open.  I got trapped in a public bathroom, but somehow squeezed through some sort of HVAC hole in the wall and found myself on a rope bridge with wooden planks across the bottom.  I started running across it, but another group of people with guns showed up on the other side as the first group followed me to the side I came from.  Trapped in the middle now, I somehow created a portal to hell in the boards of the bridge.  "They'd be foolish to follow me to hell!" I thought as I made my escape

I then found myself in hell.  Everything was hot.  I was immediately sweating.  Around me were floating rocks, ablaze with fire.  Instead of a horizon, it was just fire everywhere.  Standing on burnt ground, I thought it actually looked pretty awesome.  The flames were a nice orange with some blues and dark reds in there too.  Then a 3-headed dog the size of a house charged toward me.  I tried to run, but it bit me in half.  Everything went black as my upper body was inside its mouth while its teeth severed my legs from me at the waist. 

I then re-appeared in the same hell-scape, remembering all that had just occurred.  I admired the beauty of the flames for a few seconds, then saw a giant demon, over 100 ft tall walk toward me.  Instead of legs, it had 50 ft blades that it walked on.  I tried to run, but it stepped on me, cleaving me in half from my head to my lower body, splitting me into left and right. 

I woke up after that.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: November 13, 2021, 09:34:24 pm »

On-topic, I think I had a drowning-related dream last night... but it wasn't so bad?  It used to be the absolute worst kind when I was a kid.  I remember last night swimming through a flooded area and reaching a room that was almost entirely flooded.  Trying to slurp up a little air from the inches that remained at the top.  But insanely, it wasn't a drowning dream.  None of the terror was there.  I have lost the details, but I think I accomplished something good?  Not even that, I think I even expected to be rescued, as I... passed out, for a little while.

That is not my normal reaction to drowning/suffocation.  Huh.
Personally, I'm interpreting this as a renewed inner fire optimism from my vacation trip.
She/they

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: November 13, 2021, 10:12:51 pm »

On-topic, I think I had a drowning-related dream last night... but it wasn't so bad?  It used to be the absolute worst kind when I was a kid.  I remember last night swimming through a flooded area and reaching a room that was almost entirely flooded.  Trying to slurp up a little air from the inches that remained at the top.  But insanely, it wasn't a drowning dream.  None of the terror was there.  I have lost the details, but I think I accomplished something good?  Not even that, I think I even expected to be rescued, as I... passed out, for a little while.

That is not my normal reaction to drowning/suffocation.  Huh.
Personally, I'm interpreting this as a renewed inner fire optimism from my vacation trip.

That's cool, I've had previous recurring nightmare dreams become no longer nightmares too.  I'd take it as a good sign as well

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: November 14, 2021, 10:29:23 am »

Used to have dreams about drowning. Now I can breathe underwater for some reason, but am trying to keep someone else above water as the water level rises endlessly over the roofs of buildings.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: November 14, 2021, 02:23:07 pm »

I dreamed I was finishing a long walk, and passing by my favorite local corner store.  I went in but there was a big sign saying it was out of business, had been sold to some chain.  Exxon or something.  People were still milling around inside, chatting about some weather thing.  A door to the back room hung open, with all the chips and beer in a rough pile.  I left, frustrated.

My dad called me by phone.  "I want you here at ten."  "I, uh... *checked* but it's noon?" I had no idea where this was coming from.
*Loooong explanation of some weather thing, climate change, and a conspiracy theory*
"You mean 10 tonight"
*silence on the line*
"You know what, sure, fine" my frustration building, I've turned around.  "Whatever.  My favorite corner store closed, by the way?" "..." "Yeah, I guess it got bought by a chain.  Exxon maybe?  No... not Exxon..." I can't quite read the sign, because it's a dream.  "..." "But sure, I'm bad at judging these weather things.  I'll see you tonight." *still nothing but silence as I hang up, having convinced myself.

I reenter and move to the back room.  Several big local guys are standing around the door, obviously considering taking some stuff.  I push past them without a word and grab a case of my favorite beer.  I spare them one glance before walking right out the back door.

I walk hard to burn my frustration off.  I have to carefully step over a downed live powerline.  On a nearby bridge a lady is helping her friend up off the ground, checking her for a concussion.  Advising her to walk it off.
She/they

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: November 14, 2021, 03:42:39 pm »

I dreamed of trying to kill a winged gargoyle-like werewolf with only a single silver staple. Since the monster could fly and a staple is hardly a weapon with any reach, I had to try to walk under it and get it to dive attack me so that I could thrust the tiny piece of metal upwards and stab it.

No idea if that succeeded, but then I fake woke up and tried to explain the cool dream I just had to someone.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: November 14, 2021, 05:01:27 pm »

I dreamed of trying to kill a winged gargoyle-like werewolf with only a single silver staple. Since the monster could fly and a staple is hardly a weapon with any reach, I had to try to walk under it and get it to dive attack me so that I could thrust the tiny piece of metal upwards and stab it.

No idea if that succeeded, but then I fake woke up and tried to explain the cool dream I just had to someone.

Bummer that you couldn't see that through, I imagine it would have been an epic victory

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: November 20, 2021, 04:24:44 am »

Last night I dreamt that I partook in a successful zombie apocalypse, on the zombies' side. I also dreamt I got given cybernetic feet, for some reason. I also dreamt that I had to outwit a group of hunters who took up residence in my house, and I was also a dog, except halfway through I wasn't a dog anymore. Also, the zombie apocalypse ended up defeating Ýoutube once a d for all. And I was also in college? And all the professors were my primary school teachers.. and that was where the zombie apocalypse started... and it was where I got the cybernetic feet after the incident with the hunters..  except my house was also part of the college, and one of the rooms was a literal pharmacy? And the muppets were there at the end, for some reason, and they were the final catalyst to complete the zombie apocalypse once they all volunteered to become zombies... my brother was also heavily involved towards the beginning of the dream, I think? And there was a house that burned down, and a vast open wilderness, and a weird comic, and a burned down house, and that was when the hunters first appeared...

I needed to write this all down somewhere since otherwise there's no way in hell I'd remember this bizarre, confusing mess.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: November 23, 2021, 05:28:17 am »

I had a nightmare that I was at work and all the computers were malfunctioning. I have the lamest nightmares.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: November 23, 2021, 06:13:30 am »

Always keep a nightstallion under your bed to distract the nightmares.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: November 25, 2021, 06:48:52 am »

That sounds like a short-term solution, but a long-term problem.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4754 on: November 25, 2021, 06:56:23 am »

That sounds like a short-term solution, but a long-term problem.
I resolved this problem by inviting a nightmongol horde to bed
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 339