Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 567254 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4095 on: October 28, 2018, 08:02:22 am »

I’ve been having weird dreams recently, where I take out my phone and do stuff with it, in my bed, at night. It’s been getting hard to tell what’s a dream or not, since often the only clue I have is that my phone isn’t under my pillow, where I usually leave it in the dream. A few nights ago, I dreamed that I had posted in the out of context quotes thread in response to something said by Eganw, I think, and stated that I wasn’t looking at something because it didn’t involve me. Somehow, that immediately started a flame war which boiled down to everyone vs. me, and when I woke up the next morning, I hinestly couldn’t tell if it was a dream or not, until I went to check the forums.
I spend so much time on Bay12 that it’s starting to leak into my dreams, like a huge, confusing creature made from the bodies of mad scientists and polite sociopaths, who are all screaming constantly about mermaids, and the best ways to farm them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 08:12:42 am by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: October 28, 2018, 08:04:24 am »

i am frankly, offended by my dream that involved me getting a new computer, money, stability, etc

like come on, man
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4097 on: October 29, 2018, 06:45:57 pm »

The stars aligned: I got my proper meals, my proper sleep, proper hydration, proper work, proper hours, everything proper with no disease, stress or crises. Tonight was a truly great night, with dreams of being force-fed wine by beautiful ladies and maximum platonic head pats. It's a pity time moves onwards from rare instances of life satisfaction

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: October 30, 2018, 05:56:30 pm »

Holy crap I had a lot of dreams last night. In hindsight I guess that's because I forced myself to stay in bed for eight hours for the first time in a while (dreams tend to get really vivid for the first few nights of doing that), but it still caught me off-guard.
I guess I just didn't realise it had been so long since I'd obeyed my proper sleeping pattern. Huh.

Unfortunately I don't remember any of them. I know at least one was kind of freaky, probably enough to be classed a minor nightmare, but that was early on and I had many brief periods of wakefulness before 8am. I know I remembered one of the more recent ones when I first woke up, but somewhere in the process of getting out of bed, checking my digital leash and making coffee I forgot even the vaguest hint of what it was about.     
The night before last I had a dream I wanted to record, too, but I procrastinated on doing so and forgot it. :-\
All I remember is a moment where I was looking up into the night sky, watching some huge object slowly pinwheeling through the atmosphere aflame. Can't remember what it was, though, or why it was up there. Might have been a spacecraft of some kind, I think I do remember something about a failed space launch... no idea if this was the same dream, though.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: October 31, 2018, 12:20:06 am »

My dad and I were on the right side of a fortification after the apocalypse, but I didn't agree with him.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #4100 on: October 31, 2018, 12:21:43 pm »

I dreamed that Kim Jong Un was trying to kill me.  He had spies everywhere and no matter where I ran he kept popping out of alleyways, closets, etc.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: October 31, 2018, 12:45:11 pm »

I drove a U-Haul 3 hours to the beach and then back to pick up a chair someone had discarded in the sand.  My mom wanted it.

As I turned in the keys to the U-Haul I passed a group of people playing DND 2nd edition.  It was a strange maze-like mall.

Then it turned out that we were going to the beach for a trip also, so I'd wasted a lot of effort.  I felt really tired, and just sorta lay down in the grass, then scooched over to be in the sunlight.  It was a beautiful, chill day.  My mom and brother got a bit alarmed that I was naked, but I ignored them.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: November 01, 2018, 07:55:11 am »

Unfortunately I can’t recall many of the details, but I think I was a character/player in some action-y video game. Can’t recall much else, though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: November 01, 2018, 03:07:18 pm »

I dreamed that Kim Jong Un was trying to kill me.  He had spies everywhere and no matter where I ran he kept popping out of alleyways, closets, etc.
Ah, I see that North Korea is still working on their psychic brain frequency propaganda broadcaster...

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: November 01, 2018, 03:48:35 pm »

Can't lie, this one was a pretty vivid and detailed one..
   Was in the middle of wilderness, kinda atop a mountain. It was cold and snowing, didn't know where I was at but I could tell I was hungry or somehow otherwise in distress. So then, out of nowhere, A giant red colored dragon appeared, almost kind of like skyrim not gonna lie. That was the cool part, then it just hovered in front of me saying 'The dragon of justice' but it had no HP bar, unfortunately.
That was bout it. Now that I think back there was also a dream besides one of WW3 happening, it was really cool-I was out on the East coast with these two men in black type guys, and a spaceship landed. In a city actually, but it had cloaking technology that somehow rendered the ship holographically, but so when it lands its only visible to the viewer(in some weird way, this technology made sense to me)Basically walked through it and decontaminated in what was entirely a realistic and colored spaceship. It was a spectacle, really, didn't know that your mind could imagine stuff like that.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: November 02, 2018, 10:47:26 pm »

For some reason I wound up playing indoor football/soccer with a few friends and various strangers, overseen by some sort of teacher, boss or coach. Not sure why, maybe it was a team-building exercise. The sort of thing you'd do in school all the time but seems quite strange as adults.

Anyway, we were playing for a while (I can't really remember the details, apart from the fact that I was wearing my steel-cap boots and manoeuvring the ball in them took some getting used to) and then some guy on the opposing team kicked the ball pretty hard as I confronted him, it shot past me and, as I turned to watch, went straight out a high window in one of the walls of the weird, dreary white warehouse-type place we were in.

This was hilarious, and also I think I'd been getting kinda tired of playing, so I screamed "we win!", threw my arms wide and did a wild victory lap through the room, noticing or imagining a look of disappointment in the person in charge's expression.
I may or may not have pulled the bottom of my shirt up over my head in the prescribed fashion, not sure. The dream ended amidst laughter and joking celebration.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: November 14, 2018, 12:35:41 am »

Sometimes I dream about crawling through tight tunnels, always downward.  I consider myself fond of tight spaces, but apparently I occasionally have claustrophobic dreams.  I like tight spaces, yet I am absolutely terrified of suffocation.  Not a good combo.

Last night the fear was mitigated by my being roughly allied with the other denizens of the warrens.  Who were specifically Muslim IIRC, but they could have been Romavi.  It didn't matter, they were the other people who had to crawl through a tunnel to go home.  Like me.
She/they

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: November 16, 2018, 01:02:24 am »

Not sure I can recall enough of it to quite warrant posting it on here, but I dreamt about playing a game on my computer when I was supposed to be doing homework, before then getting caught by my dad.

He was about to chastise me for slacking off yet again when the dream ended.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: November 16, 2018, 04:49:51 am »

So, not directly dreams (or not always dreams) but does anyone keep a record of their Deja Vu?  I have a copy I call my Deja Vu Diaries, and whenever I dream or daydream something that feels like the first part of a Deja Vu, I write it down and wait for the second part to come (the realisation that I've seen it before) one day I'll have one that matches up and prove that I can see into the future. One day.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: November 17, 2018, 01:31:42 am »

Speaking of deja vu, once when i was a small child i had a dream about going to the beach with my family, and this girl holding an intertube was glaring at me like she really hated my guts. Then we went to the beach, and this girl holding an intertube was glaring at me like she really hated my guts. And then i worried for a while that like every dream i had could come true, like that id actually get conscripted into the childrens army and shot. Or my brother would fall and crack his face open and scream and die. That haunted me for a long, long time.

Ironically, not a single one of my dreams ever came true. Especially not the good ones...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 339