Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512619 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3690 on: October 20, 2017, 03:33:54 pm »

I'd just woken up to my alarm on Thursday, and my body was absolutely not having any of this "staying awake" business... I'd gotten a little more than 6 hours of sleep for the first time in about 10 days, so the ol' flesh and bones decided that now was obviously the time to recoup its losses.

I closed my eyes for a moment and fell a little more than half asleep, and instantly started dreaming. I'm a little fuzzy on details, but I believe I was dreaming about myself making some food in the kitchen.

However, my dream-self was completely exhausted too, and couldn't muster the energy to actually make food. So, instead, he fell asleep.

And that's how I had a dream about myself sleeping.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: October 21, 2017, 02:22:15 pm »

Dreamed i was fighting my way into a manor house with a bunch of other dudes. It was pretty much a TES V: Skyrim thing going on: swords and spells. The monsters kicked my ass several times, there was a huge tentacled dragon wolf monster and ice giants in the dining room that fucked everything up. And an octopus demon disguising itself as a plate of calamari in the hall outside. Surprise!

Once that place was finally cleared out i had to travel to some other town where there was an invasion of zombifying monsters. They would turn everything into their slaves somehow. I fought in a canyon where i was assaulted by dozens of almost wisp-mothers. They werent entirely incorporeal, but very much nekid and magical. Lots of dying again.

My dog woke me up before the next battle was supposed to start, but apparently there was this magical local warrior famous fpr eating nothing but wood furniture like tables and shit. Dude was whack.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: October 24, 2017, 04:51:16 pm »

I dreamed I was watching an alternate American civil war unfolding, or at least an individual battle of said war where lee dies almost instantly, I also dreamed that I was back in high school with a friend I hadn't seen in years and that everything was great. Which made me kind of sad when I woke up.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: October 24, 2017, 05:14:57 pm »

I wish someone would just weave this whole thread into a coherent narrative.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: October 24, 2017, 06:32:15 pm »

154 pages of disjointed and weird dreams. Good luck.

Especially the part where the protagonist gets shrunk to toy size, bites a battery and ends up having a tooth melt to the consistency of chewed taffy, and then leads the charge against an unknown enemy alongside an army of living, dual-pistol-wielding gravestones with really stubby arms.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: October 24, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »

And then the walls melt.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: October 24, 2017, 06:40:50 pm »

Don't forget the bit where the protagonist fights a potato so hard Kim Jong-Un cries.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: October 25, 2017, 11:38:31 am »

Last nights dreams were all about my jeep malfunctioning and breaking down and i couldnt fix any of it

At one point i was driving along at night with no headlights just hoping nobody noticed and then when id parked at the truck stop to wait for the sun to rise i accidentlly touched a lever that automatically calls the cops it said something like "pull for help when drunk" or something and a couple dudes pulled up and started digging through my car and refused to leave because i pushed this lever and i dont even drink

Then the car just wouldnt start and i couldnt figure out why it was infuriating
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: October 25, 2017, 11:41:59 am »

Last nights dreams were all about my jeep malfunctioning and breaking down and i couldnt fix any of it

At one point i was driving along at night with no headlights just hoping nobody noticed and then when id parked at the truck stop to wait for the sun to rise i accidentlly touched a lever that automatically calls the cops it said something like "pull for help when drunk" or something and a couple dudes pulled up and started digging through my car and refused to leave because i pushed this lever and i dont even drink

Then the car just wouldnt start and i couldnt figure out why it was infuriating
Clearly reflects fear of impotence. 
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: October 25, 2017, 11:43:40 am »

My car broke down on the way to work last night. Im lucky i got any sleep at all im usually awake all night
I make Spellcrafts!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: October 25, 2017, 12:11:30 pm »

My car broke down on the way to work last night. Im lucky i got any sleep at all im usually awake all night
fear of impotence, sexual inadequacy
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: October 25, 2017, 12:53:56 pm »

Sometimes your car breaking down means nothing more than that your car broke down.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: October 25, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »

Sometimes your junk breaking down means nothing more than that your junk broke down.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:30 pm »

I wish someone would just weave this whole thread into a coherent narrative.
I often can't weave my own sngle-session dreams into a coherent narrative.

A couple of nights ago, there was something about a Batmobile (actually, had the look of a locomotive, a bit like Doc Brown's flying train from Back To The Future III, only not steam, and definitely a Val Kilmer-era batmobile apart from that) that was 'better' than someone else's batmobile (due to height, and wimdows). And it had a kind of powder applied to its rear that resurrected/freed Catwoman in some manner (I blame my messing about with a Powder Toy-type thing, that evening before going to sleep), but this did not seem to bear any relationship with the other theme of the night in which some sort of rock-group (in mecha-suits) were playing an arena, the roof of which I was running across until I discovered a way to jump up and into a ventilation shaft to slixe diagonally down ?in my own mecha-suit? to join them. Which they were pleased about. The link escapes me.

As did the link with the second house I owned, and yet did not live in, which had visitors I was accidentally intruding upon, and the spreadsheet of flashing boxes providing information of a nature I cannot now recall (but had interesting features useful to a RL project . No coherence that I could convey, at all. Very vivid, though.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: October 26, 2017, 12:53:33 am »

Today i dreamed of getting completely fucking lost in a city park somewhere. I also dreamed i was browsing bay12 and found the happy thread title had become extremely lewd
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 339