Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512761 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3135 on: June 23, 2016, 05:41:45 pm »

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: July 03, 2016, 05:20:11 pm »

I had a dream involving me playing as my current adventurer in dwarf fortress, I thought to myself "Man this world is boring now that all the mega beasts are dead." So I decided that I would open a portal to another world and continue in that world. I never got to the part where I went to a new world though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:21:42 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3137 on: July 11, 2016, 07:02:31 pm »

I was riding with my dad in our car, and then I was suddenly a girl, which I didn't see as alarming, though it was unusual. (Honestly, though, since I'm agender, I doubt my RL reaction would be any different. More "wtf how did this happen" than in my dream, but still not "aaugh this is bad stuff I am supposed to be boy".) It didn't really change anything in the dream. I think I was going to infiltrate a bathroom? That part was weird. (I'm fairly sure I stayed female throughout the entire dream, but since I wasn't constantly checking my chest for "huh do I still have breasts?" (why would I? it didn't feel odd), I can't know for sure.

Anyway, I was in a public bathroom, I blinked, and then I was suddenly in a different, poorly-lit bathroom, where I found thumb-sized people who made and rode sentient machines. They told me I was in the year 1000 or so, and that they needed my help to figure out why nautical hobbits from the future were destroying their sentient machines disguised as sea otters.

...come to think of it, that was weird too. Huh. Didn't seem weird at the time. I had this awesome image of a hobbit wearing a small yellow rain jacket in a storm, reaching out toward a sea otter stuck in the fishing net coming off their ship.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:10:39 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3138 on: July 12, 2016, 04:23:30 am »

Dreamt of a vidya game concept design set in my own primary school, where monsters slowly take over the students one by one. Had a pretty cool concept where instead of HP, you have sanity, only your sanity did not function as a health bar analogue of sorts. Rather, the monsters got you based off of how much you trusted your mind, those who trusted it most were most vulnerable to being converted by spooky monsters, whilst those distrustful were much more resistant and formed the player classes, with the addendum being they had mental issues resulting in them being distrustful of their own minds

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: July 12, 2016, 06:30:46 am »

Dreamt of a vidya game concept design set in my own primary school, where monsters slowly take over the students one by one. Had a pretty cool concept where instead of HP, you have sanity, only your sanity did not function as a health bar analogue of sorts. Rather, the monsters got you based off of how much you trusted your mind, those who trusted it most were most vulnerable to being converted by spooky monsters, whilst those distrustful were much more resistant and formed the player classes, with the addendum being they had mental issues resulting in them being distrustful of their own minds
To what extent can the player's basic perception of reality* be subverted?

That which exists even if you don't believe in it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3140 on: July 12, 2016, 06:51:01 am »

To the extent in which you can manipulate their imagination

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: July 12, 2016, 06:58:10 am »

I am very intrigued. Would you please continue?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3142 on: July 12, 2016, 07:02:14 am »

I am very intrigued. Would you please continue?
Well it's the basis of hypnosis isn't it, to get someone to really focus and focus on something to the point where perceptions become more malleable
Thus with a game, getting the player heavily focused, invested and immersed allows you to momentarily alter their perception of reality, convincing them to feel the game as if it were real, willingly ignoring the pressing of buttons and such

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #3143 on: July 13, 2016, 10:51:24 pm »

Ah, and those with a greater imagination get freaked out more.

...or that's what I tell myself after being scared half to death by a skeleton in Minecraft.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:52:57 pm by Dozebôm Lolumzalìs »
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: July 14, 2016, 11:10:46 pm »

I was in a big field with a forest nearby, two sides of the field there was a door, I open the door and I talk to someone who is in front of it, they aren't very fond of me for some reason, I don't remember why. Later somethings happen and suddenly there is a battle going on in the field! I watch from the top of the hill as they kill each other I occasionally killing one of them myself somehow. I didn't see it happen but somehow after the battle was over I killed everyone that was left and absorbed everyone's essence or something, 336 were killed in total.

It seems my field/forest home was a pocket dimension and the battle destroyed it, I was fairly upset about this but I had more important things to worry about. The scene shifts and suddenly I have someone working for me, he seems to want to make me more powerful then I already am, apparently absorbing the 336 beings essences made me very powerful. Things happen usually involving trying to make me more powerful, I think a zombie apocalypse had started at some point as well.

Towards the end of the dream we were in my house and heading up to my room, I remember thinking "Oh the dream is going to end with me going to sleep in my bed isn't it." or something like that. I at this point had some kind of cloth like matter on my arms that would form a long glove which I would use to channel my power. The guy working for me tells me of his plan to make me a god, I was of course very interested in the plan and tell him I wanted him to be a god with me, he didn't seem to want that though. I now gain a second much darker glove on my left hand formed by the weird fabric, it never really did fit quite right before the dream ended.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:07 am »

I just had the most vivid recollection of Ace Lightning in a dream. I have legitimately not thought about that show in years.
I forgot the name, but a quick google found it for me.
Live action/CGI from 2002 sure has aged well!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: July 15, 2016, 11:30:12 am »

I dreamt my friend played for the argentine national team, but then in his first ever call up for an international friendly he really obviously hand balled a goal into the net and was sent off the field and never played for Argentina again. Also a lot of weird freudian shit, but that's just par for the course.

Speaking of weird freudian shit in my LAST dream I dreamt that I lived in a Orwellian US where I was fighting the government. At various times I was a normal citizen, sent to a camp where drugs were tested on the inmates, travelled to a remote village to gather resources and a boat, and then reunited with my family living under government control on a small, rocky island. I ended up killing a ton of government agents until I ran (for miles) in to the woods and stumbled upon a monolithic government structure. The doors were open and the supervisor was super nice. We closed the doors and just talked... A lot of weird stuff in there. Anyways, after a while we no longer ventured into the deeper facility because of all the strange (but mostly harmless) creatures residing there. So we chilled by the pools, except that we were hooked up to masks and lived in the pools, the masks pumped us full of euphoric drugs and we had a hell of a party. Billy Murray was there. Then we all began to transform into what we desired most, a lot of succubi and dominatrixes... Also a couple of golden retrievers. Bill Murray was a weird half-fish half-man creature that was still quite funny. I open the inner doors to see what was going on and found a lot of terrifying (but still mostly harmless) creatures, so I closed that shit up and then I woke up.

EDIT: I don't always dream, but when I do, it's almost always some fucked up stuff.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: July 15, 2016, 03:18:30 pm »

I had a dream that I watched Netflix on my 3DS, and was posting on here to complain about the low resolution, encoding errors, connection issues, so on and so forth. Later in the dream, somebody accused me of having "lazily edited" the screenshot I posted to make 3DS Netflix look worse than it actually was.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: July 16, 2016, 04:32:31 am »

Dreamt that I kept bumping into Corbyn, but never had any questions or anything to say to him.
One wheel short of a wagon

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: July 17, 2016, 03:22:41 am »

There was some nonsense at the beginning of my dream involving driving or something, later I see my mother and apparently she's Zach Adams and something bad is going to happen or something.
I was fairly confused about this, after awhile some sort of apocalypse started at some point. I'm now looking through my room to find useful things, I look through a coin purse and I find a large rectangular penny, apparently it was made in 1504, I was amazed at this discovery of a really old coin in my room and thought about all the money I could get from it. The dream transitions to my bathroom, the entire floor had been lifted and rotated a bit, I was talking to some weird creature that found a weirdly shaped penny for me, this one being made in 1709.

At this point I leave the bathroom and I'm now with two other people, then I'm attacked by a rather large possum and dragged away, I was nearly lost under the floor of the bathroom but the people with me saved me. After we leave the bathroom a small group of other people approach us, I think they wanted our stuff or wanted to kill us I'm not sure, we fight and it's not going well so me and my companions go into a berserk mode and we grow taller and extremely muscular and fight off the people attacking us, one of the stayed behind and I went with him to sit at a bar or something, he told me his boss wanted me for some reason. I don't remember much else at this point but I think we talked about the rectangular penny I had and how wallets were made to hold them back then. I then wake up.
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 339