Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 512749 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2400 on: March 17, 2015, 08:09:44 pm »

The nice thing about my dreams is that I never get nightmares. I mean, sure, sometimes I get stuck jn mildly inconvenient situations in dreams like getting mugged, but it's never worse than real life.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: March 17, 2015, 08:20:30 pm »

empty skins
YIKES

I remember a dream with those once, they were going around sucking the moisture out of people by touching them, and thus making more of themselves.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: March 17, 2015, 08:28:48 pm »

empty skins
YIKES

I remember a dream with those once, they were going around sucking the moisture out of people by touching them, and thus making more of themselves.
Here, have all of my nope. All of it.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2403 on: March 17, 2015, 11:12:54 pm »

empty skins
YIKES

Here, have all of my nope. All of it.
You'd think having a means of incinerating them would be easy to come across... At least, had I come across some husks, I'd at least try to see if they're flammable. Hell, if they can siphon moisture, I can use them as a means of making beef jerky more easily; provided I can trap one.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: March 17, 2015, 11:48:56 pm »

Such thoughts don't tend to occur to me in dreams. Plus, there were millions of the damn things.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: March 18, 2015, 09:15:45 am »

Such thoughts don't tend to occur to me in dreams. Plus, there were millions of the damn things.
QFT
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: March 20, 2015, 12:22:20 pm »

Been having a variety of weird ass dreams lately that I can't remember well.

One dream I had last night involved me apparently getting asked out on a date by this blonde girl at a video game store. Said girl was pretty, smart, and apparently I somehow knew she was rich. Somehow. Anyway, that was a cheery dream. Weird, but happy.

Another dream involved my distraught mother ordering a DIY suicide kit off the internet, which was basically a bundle of chemicals you're supposed to mix into a cocktail and drink. This was both terrifying and weird because my mom is neither tech savvy enough to order anything off the internet, nor is she even unhappy or anywhere close to a suicidal mood in real life.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: March 21, 2015, 09:03:40 am »

I tend to have semi-lucid dreams. I can't control myself or any of the characters, but I can control the general flow of things, mostly in terms of the actions not made by characters, by introducing new ones or by putting thoughts in the head of dream-me. Basically, it's like running dwarf fortress subconsciously, and I've gotten good enough at it to be able to kill my nightmares about 50% of the time. I also once had a weird dream that combined zombies and Rock Raiders (the surroundings were the same types of walls only in dark red and green. Even the perspective was the same). This was, unsurprisingly, the night after I decided to look up Let's Play's of the game. I think I managed to decapacitate one of the zombie-demon things by slamming a dresser drawer shut against its neck.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: March 21, 2015, 09:11:40 am »

My dreams have been unpleasant lately. I can't recall them exactly, but a lot of them had to do with me failing, fucking things up, alienating people... :(
I never used to get these kinds of dreams.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: March 21, 2015, 10:04:18 am »

I had a dream that somehow seemed to mix Attack on Titan with post-apocalyptic themes. It was interesting.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: March 24, 2015, 06:49:59 pm »

I had a dream that I was playing Team Fortress 2. I went down a trapdoor in the game, and suddenly the game was real life and I was in some sort of castle in the mountains. The room that I fell into was full of various golden treasures, a large number of which were Shrek-themed. And then my ex was there for some reason, and she told me to look away for a bit. When she let me look back, she had stuffed her bra with a bunch of gold coins and then kissed me.

... I guess this dream means that I'm a simple man with simple, bizarrely Shrek-themed pleasures?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: March 24, 2015, 06:53:29 pm »

I had a dream that I was playing Team Fortress 2. I went down a trapdoor in the game, and suddenly the game was real life and I was in some sort of castle in the mountains. The room that I fell into was full of various golden treasures, a large number of which were Shrek-themed. And then my ex was there for some reason, and she told me to look away for a bit. When she let me look back, she had stuffed her bra with a bunch of gold coins and then kissed me.

... I guess this dream means that I'm a simple man with simple, bizarrely Shrek-themed pleasures?
Shrek is love. Shrek is life.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: March 24, 2015, 07:35:46 pm »

Everybody likes a companion with a rack of gold.

Other night I dreamed that 1) I couldn't cook a hamburger to save my life, although trying to cook it on fumes erupting from a kitchen sink probably didn't help. 2) We had a new car, and it was sapient and regularly had smart ass comments to make about us. and 3) the government wanted that damn car. Somebody also called and wanted me to put the car on the phone. Sorry sir, but cars can't talk *car yells loudly in the background*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: March 24, 2015, 09:34:05 pm »

Eric Blank: That's the best kind of dream - one summed up by "non sequitur".  :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: March 24, 2015, 10:14:03 pm »

Talking about TF2, a while ago I had a dream that I was Pyro in a new mode where everyone fight assorted wild animals enhanced with biotechs as well as trying to murder the opposite team. Clearly it's Darling's work.

Last night I dreamed I was back home and my puppy got killed by ruffians. :C
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 339