Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 339

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 568097 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2355 on: February 19, 2015, 11:44:13 am »

I had an odd one involving, amongst other things, a post apocalyptic nation with some sort of hereditary navy consisting of (at that point) decades-old diesel submarines, my grandfathers house in some sort of jungle instead of on Cape Cod, a stash of legos and books 3 feet below the floor of a Washington DC hotel room used by some sort of crimelord who apparently once had the long lost relative of one of the naval captains in their custody, and eventually me in the hole (which was something like 1.5ft square going down, then a space about 20 inches high at the bottom that went out I dont know how far) trying to gather together loose legos together so that they could get taken out of the hole...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 19, 2015, 02:23:08 pm »

A common trait about my dreams sometimes is that my body refuses to move quickly. I move at a startlingly slow pace as others keep going at "normal" speed.

I never had that, what happens to me instead is that I'm unable to stand up. I keep falling or slipping whenever I try to.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 19, 2015, 02:35:03 pm »

Back when I was a kid, I'd have that issue in dreams where I moved really slow, but they stopped as I got older.
Now I can generally demolish whatever gets in my way in dreams.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 19, 2015, 03:25:45 pm »

I feel as if there is some kind of mental causation for the effect, similar to dreams where you are driving, but in a fog or from the backseat is relate able to a feeling of having no control in your life.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 19, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »

A common trait about my dreams sometimes is that my body refuses to move quickly. I move at a startlingly slow pace as others keep going at "normal" speed.

I never had that, what happens to me instead is that I'm unable to stand up. I keep falling or slipping whenever I try to.
I've had that, too. Not as much lately, but I used to get ones where I'd fall into shallow water and be unable to stand up.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:52 pm »

Recently had a dream in which I was on my computer, and the antivirus program ran a scan. Every 2-3 seconds it would come up with a new virus/malware/whathaveyou. Thousands upon thousands of the bastards. I was terrified.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2361 on: February 19, 2015, 05:13:22 pm »

I've had that, too. Not as much lately, but I used to get ones where I'd fall into shallow water and be unable to stand up.
I've been hit with the "slug" effect in a few dreams. Truly the definition of frustrating, especially since I can feel myself putting my all into my running, and even getting exhausted doing so as if I was running, only to go 1/10th-1/100th the actual speed. In a way, I think this is what it must feel like getting hit with the "Slow" spell in Final Fantasy games.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 19, 2015, 09:54:20 pm »

I don't get that, but one thing that is common is that I am unable to open my eyes, which results in me bumping into things even though I can sort of see stuffs in my mind's eye.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 20, 2015, 03:39:10 pm »

Interesting, a common thing for me is that I can wake up by closing my eyes in my dreams, and when I'm about to wake up they start to close themselves without my permission. When I have a dream I'd like to continue having I often try to use my fingers to keep my eyes open to stay asleep trying to delay the inevitable even though I will still wake up eyes closed or not.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 20, 2015, 05:01:00 pm »

Something has been occurring in my dreams a lot here lately, and it happened last night so...

In dreams that feel so like reality there's no difference, I somehow can levitate through my house or even up stairways at other buildings, there even one the occurs a lot: I'll float through and open grassy field, with a massive tree near the center and mountains off to the side with nearly clear skies, specked with a few white clouds near the sun, which is often just getting out of the sunrise area of the sky. I should also mention in these Dreams I am in perfect control while "floating", from altitude to speed, it's all under my control.
I begin by standing and then raising each leg into a sitting position but My torso doesn't go down, instead I feel a small wind current around my whole body and then I i just "float" everywhere.
If I could compare it to anything: Swimming, it feels like I'm swimming through air while sitting in mid-air.
Thing is IRL I can't swim like that, I have to have footing cause I don't float, so how i know the feeling is from when I used a life jacket as a kid to try and learn to swim.

I'm a firm believer Recurring dreams mean your brain is telling you something about your current life/lifestyle, any one got any idea what this could mean?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 21, 2015, 11:59:57 am »

Sometimes I float around and cannot stop. When I try to land I bounce off and when I try to hold on to something it slips away. It's frustrating and exhilarating at the same time.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 21, 2015, 01:24:34 pm »

When I was kid (8) I was big military fan watching various military movies with my buddy and we were crazy for everything else it involved ( building "bunker", wooden weapons) and somehow in school we got implanted that Hitler was the biggest evil there ever was so I later have this dream I am sitting with Hitler at one table with gun in my hand, I am trying to point it but whole my body is freezed and I cannot point and shoot... Creepy, I remember I wanted to scream because the fact I couldn't do anything as if I was paralyzed somehow exhausted and frustrated me, and he was laughing.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2367 on: February 21, 2015, 01:51:49 pm »

I had fun today. Had a dream that locked me asleep for a good bit. Basically, what I saw was what would amount to all things in my life from my perspective and others' that had a form of interaction with one another in unusual ways; and I also felt a couple of highly influential powerful forces interacting with these things like they were game pieces. Basically, I think I saw a truly complex game of chess between God and the devil where everyone and everything are cosmic playthings. If I had a better understanding of what's going on, I would probably tell whose winning. But, in any case, it felt like fate/destiny is equally meaningful and meaningless; you can change your fate/destiny, but there's no real point to it; it'll play to either one's hand like an RNG.

I understand life being like a game, but this version is utterly ridiculous. It's like a game of 4D-Chess using events and people as the pieces, and timelines and locations as different 3D chess boards. Not surprisingly, our world powers are the main chess pieces in play. But like I said before, I can't tell whose on what team, and who's winning this crazy-huge and indefinitely long game. This is one of the few times I leave a dream confused more than enlightened.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: February 21, 2015, 04:14:14 pm »

I didn't have any significant dreams recently. Mostly a repetition of thing that happened IRL, which is strange because my dreams are always about crazy stuff. Hope it will change soon :(.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: February 25, 2015, 12:13:50 pm »

Had weird dream last night, this one is one of those nightmare/scary dreams which I didn't have since I was 7...

So I am in my house with my family and everything is in this silent hill shady atmosphere and somehow I hear this rule: leave vicinity of any human and the darkness will consume you...
Next dream sequence I am waking up in dream feeling relieved because there is my whole family sleeping next to me, so I spent the rest of the dream looking out of window and thinking about "darkness" .... Weird

Dream may seem boring but somehow I felt various fear emotions and adrenaline surge ( I think it was adrenaline?) and this whole darkness thingy creeps me out but on other side somehow feels relieving to know I live in safety with my family.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 339